Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Assange

Started by shoulders, March 26, 2024, 12:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

privatefriend

QuoteShe also said the 49-year-old refused to shower during his stay and left "turds floating in the toilet"

Throw away the key!

iamcoop

Right, that's it. Leaking state secrets or no leaking state secrets, you leave bangers and mash in the pan you need disappearing

Mr Trumpet

At least Johnny Depp made some enjoyable films

madhair60

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on March 26, 2024, 04:30:02 PMAt least Johnny Depp made some enjoyable films

no he didn't

imitationleather

I guess he didn't "make" it but Ed Wood is good.

madhair60

ed wood, that's whats good is it. I don't belong in this world

Proactive

If you like Julian Assange so much, why don't you marry him?

touchingcloth

I loved him as the sidekick in Indiana Jones and Crystalskullland.

Funcrusher

Rare appearance by a real journalist in The Guardian -Duncan Campbell on the Assange case.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/26/british-judges-julian-assange-us-press-freedom

QuoteThe next three weeks will show us whether real discussions are taking place in Washington about freedom of the press, or whether they still imagine that hoisting Assange to jail is worth the ridicule of the world. When it emerged earlier this year that the US had been trying to persuade British and American journalists who had had differences of opinion with Assange to give evidence against him, it became clear just how weak and grotesque its case was against him.

"This legally unprecedented prosecution seeks to criminalise the application of ordinary journalistic practices of obtaining and publishing true classified information of the most obvious and important public interest," was how Edward Fitzgerald KC put the case for Assange at last month's hearing. The battle against that prosecution continues, and only the unconditional release of Assange will demonstrate that both the UK and the US regard "freedom of the press" as something to be honoured – rather than merely a phrase of sanctimonious waffle.

shoulders

Quote from: Proactive on March 26, 2024, 05:46:52 PMIf you like Julian Assange so much, why don't you marry him?

Costs

shoulders

Quote from: Funcrusher on March 26, 2024, 06:16:32 PMRare appearance by a real journalist in The Guardian -Duncan Campbell on the Assange case.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/26/british-judges-julian-assange-us-press-freedom

This makes me think the "story" about Assange potentially facing the death penalty is another tactic to soften centrists up for the actual punishment which "at least they stepped back from executing him"

...for telling everyone we raped and murdered people in the middle east

Buelligan

Imagine if a journalist had published Chinese or Russian state secrets.  Imagine if they'd shown us video of the Chinese or Russian military committing war crimes and murder.  Imagine if China or Russia had plotted to kill or kidnap him from an Embassy in the UK.  How would the British government behave? 

Would they hold him without trial for five years and facilitate his extradition to China or Russia where he might reasonably expect to be imprisoned for life or even killed?