Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:55:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photography again

Started by Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, November 10, 2014, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endicott

I keep expecting Finlay Currie[nb]1946 adaptation of Great Expectations[/nb] to step out of that.

greenman

Long term pre planned shot, put some mud in the top of this fence post 3 years ago when I saw the seedly growing.

Wow! You're really good at this!

greenman

Quite lazy conversions testing out a new lens just using the in camera sepia filter and no other editing although i think it works well enough for the images.

Something with a bit more time put into it, a little less old west with the Sepia

greenman

Its the lowest form of photography but...

The names Bond, Erik Bond...

..and Charlie AKA Moonshake when I try to sleep...

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Aaaaw. Cutie kitties.

Don't show them this one:

greenman

Finally some interesting whether again...

Head Gardener

somewhere in Dundee earlier this week - gone in 48 hours, pretty impressive

greenman

Yes revived for more pics of trees and mist, now with added rocks.

Endicott

Crenners

Spectacular, I especially love that first one. I would genuinely buy that.

greenman

Its looking over the Severn Vale from Haresfield Beacon, another shot taken there on boxing day in colour.

Head Gardener

horses in a field at Charlottetown earlier today

Head Gardener

Greetings from Arbroath

Head Gardener

at the local auction this morning

phew

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Crenners on August 10, 2022, 06:24:03 PMH S A R T B O Y Z

This is fucking lethal altogether. How the fuck'd you do that?

Crenners

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on August 10, 2022, 10:38:00 PMThis is fucking lethal altogether. How the fuck'd you do that?

Sorry mate, I don't think I understand the question. Do you mean what equipment or? I just woke up so a bit zonked. Cheers.

Crenners

I just woke up properly and I guess you mean the angle. There's a smaller mountain opposite so I climbed that to see more of the Jungfrau. I was lucky that evening with the clearer sky and pinkish light, it's normally covered by clouds.

Magnum Valentino

Everything mate. Equipment, software, time of day, location.

It's just incredible. Would love to be able to do that (and am being proactive about it).

Crenners

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on August 11, 2022, 08:19:59 AMEverything mate. Equipment, software, time of day, location.

It's just incredible. Would love to be able to do that (and am being proactive about it).

Cheers, very kind!

It's the Jungfrau and the Eiger in the Swiss Alps, taken from Wengen, a village in the mountains. Must have been around 9pm.

I used my phone for that one because my camera ran out of battery on the walk. Lesson learned to carry a spare. I'm pleased with how it turned out but phone cameras are great these days.

For software, I used Lightroom Mobile straight away. I toned down the highlights and a little dehaze because the original shot looked mistier than what I saw with my eye. That brought out some of the mountain detail and let the pink light and blue sky come through a little more.

When I got home, I had a proper look at it on Lightroom Classic but I don't think this version is necessarily better. It's more of a 'reimagining' of the photo than an accurate representation of what I saw at the time. Either way, I'm enjoying it.

Magnum Valentino

I've been doing all my photography on my phone recently as I've found myself pleased enough with the results not to use my camera, which I've had for years but never got to grips with.

What phone are you using? Very encouraging to see a shot of that quality taken on a phone like.