Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:01:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Verbwhores Dictionary

Started by ozziechef, June 20, 2004, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozziechef

I'm sure there are many words that haven't been invented yet so this thread will collect all these words and useful phrases togethet to improve the language of Verbwhores world wide.

Vibrating Leg Syndrome (VLS) (noun)

The feeling experienced, while having a mobile phone in your pocket, where by you become convinced that the mobile phone is vibrating, leading to you checking your phone only to discover it is not ringing. These fake vibrations are heightened while travelling by car or by bus by can be experienced in any situation.

Lt Plonker

That's a good one. I got a serious case of that last week when I was being texted by some unknown girl. I thought I was finally onto something, when it turned out to be my dad's cousin pissing around.

Bogey

Bloody hell!
That's started happening to me, usually when I'm walking down the street where there can be no source of these "phantom" vibrations.
Clearly mobile phones are becoming one with our bodies much more quickly than anyone realised, so when you take them away, the body tries to compensate, like with amputees.
Shucks!

ozziechef

It's only started happening to me recently but it's happening all the time now, the stupid thing is I don't ever have my phone on vibrate but I still check it every time the phantom vibrations occur.

My Giddy Aunt

You know when you are sitting and you move your leg up so that you are 'on your toes', and there is a certain point where your leg vibrates for no particular reason. Whats that called then?

Bogey

It's called "Stop fucking jiggling, Bogey" and has been the cause of much annoyance amongst those who know me for many years.

Hornet

I get vibrating nipple syndrome.  I often put my mobile in my shirt pocket and the number of times I am convinced it is vibrating - could be heart palpitations I suppose.