Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:12:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Three British Ships Seized in Iran

Started by Kingboy_D, June 21, 2004, 01:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingboy_D

Just heard this on BBC News, can't find a web story as yet, think the story is still breaking....

Supposedly they have seized weapons and maps. Seems like its on the BBC news ticker.

*Bechtel crack thier fingers in anticipation*

Here you go:
Quote from: "http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3826179.stm"'Three UK vessels seized in Iran'

Iran has seized three British navy vessels that entered its territorial waters near the Iraqi border, according to an Iranian media report.
Eight British sailors on board the vessels were arrested, Iranian naval sources were quoted as saying.

A report on al-Alam satellite TV news said the arrests were made on the Shatt al-Arab river that marks the boundary between Iran and Iraq.

The sources told the TV station that weapons and maps were found on board.

The Ministry of Defence in London said it had no information about the incident and was looking into the reports.

What, weapons and maps on British Navy vessels? That's disgraceful

zozman

This could be very interesting.......

Just beat me on the old "what?  weapons on board warships?!!"

Santa's Boyfriend

But what were the maps of?  Tehran?  Or perhaps they were NAUTICAL maps...

smoker

seems these ships were patrolling the iraq / iran border and it's probably just a diplomatic spat due to the breakdown in nuclear talks recently.

Pinball

Let the countdown to an Iranian invasion begin...

zozman

Of course, if the Iranian navy was breezing up and down the Thames we'd just let them get on with it.........