Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:20:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Phone issues - what would you do?

Started by canadagoose, January 29, 2024, 10:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

I have this Realme X50 Pro 5G that I've had since 2021. It's generally been very good, but over the last few months it's been funny sometimes. Random things crash, the touchscreen doesn't respond, and when I try to restart when it does that, it hangs and I have to hold the button down to turn it off and on. Obviously I should do a factory reset before anything else, but I need to wait until my paired glucose sensor (FreeStyle Libre 2) expires.

Failing that, should I send it off for repair or just plump for a new one? I imagine replacing the motherboard and digitiser will make it about £150 or something. Obviously it's not in warranty any more, being three years old, but I was hoping to keep this one as long as I could. Don't know what I should do.

canadagoose

Update: I've done a factory reset now, and it is working a little better (and it's freed up a good bit of storage) but it's still a little bit screwy. I'm going to stick with it until it gets even worse.