Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:02:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"And the winner is..." (2024 awards season thread)

Started by Blinder Data, January 08, 2024, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Ambassador

Variety's been printing weird stories all week, making insinuations about Glazer and interviewing obvious cheerleaders for apartheid.

Quote from: EOLAN on March 15, 2024, 04:03:34 PMLaszlo Nemes, best International winning director of 'Son of Saul's strongly refuting his successor Jonathon Glazer's speech. States he should have remained silent, then goes on a long Habaras tirade about the glorious right of Israel to commit anything they must in their defence.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/mar/15/jonathan-glazer-oscars-speech-condemned-by-son-of-saul-director-laszlo-nemes

Quote"Let us all be shocked by the Holocaust, safely in the past, and not see how the world might eventually, one day, finish Hitler's job - in the name of progress and endless good."

QuoteNemes suggested Glazer's words at the Oscars were symptomatic of a world view or "maybe even a collective psychosis"

Collective psychosis you say? Interesting.

Someone should make a documentary-like movie about protagonists overtaken by a collective psychosis that blinds them and allows them to rationalize their extreme inhumanity. Maybe a psychosis in the name of some imagined ethnic or racial cause.

machotrouts

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 15, 2024, 09:31:50 AMhttps://www.comicsands.com/conservatives-john-cena-naked-oscars-2667488444.html

QuotePredictably, conservatives criticized the segment, with influencer Andrew Tate going so far as to describe it as "slavery."

The "Predictably," here makes me feel so out of touch with right-wing grievances. When I saw John Cena's naked body it honestly did not occur to me to think "uh oh, conservatives are gonna be furious at this satanic paedophile adrenochrome harvesting ritual"

Mister Six

Anything in which an obviously strong, muscular, masculine man is doing anything other than prancing around with samurai swords and telling women to get in the kitchen is met with immediate derision, and often mad conspiracy shit like that.

How could a huge former wrestler guy betray these chuds' own fears about their inadequacy by being comfortable in his skin and game for a laugh, instead of going around intimidating liberals and harassing women, like they would do if they looked like that?

It must be the evil paedo elites, and not just John Cena being a nice guy with a good sense of humour who's supporting a protest by the costuming union who were agitating for better pay and conditions.