Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:08:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wishing death on people

Started by madhair60, April 20, 2021, 02:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

To be fair, if you wish death on someone they WILL die.

idunnosomename

what if you wish for someone to be hung up by their balls

JaDanketies

If all but a small percentage of humanity died off in a century or two, it would be much less of a tragedy to me than if all humanity died. I definitely feel like we appreciate the world in a much more profound way than a bluebird

TrenterPercenter

I would like to enquire about the morality of dressing up an ape as a human I despise, then wishing death on this cosplay simian.

AIBU?

Kankurette

Quote from: Retinend on May 05, 2021, 07:46:57 PM
Because humans have the capacity to care about "goodness" per se, independent of themselves. Animals only have a self-centred or herd-minded sense of good or bad.
So do some humans.

ETA: do not wish death on bees. Bees are good.

bgmnts

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 05, 2021, 09:42:21 PM
If all but a small percentage of humanity died off in a century or two, it would be much less of a tragedy to me than if all humanity died. I definitely feel like we appreciate the world in a much more profound way than a bluebird

So profoundly we endeavoured to destroy it as fast as possible.

Zetetic

I find myself taking against islands more and more these days. Specific islands.

JaDanketies

Quote from: bgmnts on May 05, 2021, 11:09:08 PM
So profoundly we endeavoured to destroy it as fast as possible.

I dunno if I'd trust bluebirds with the internal combustion engine either

Edit: tbh with Bluebirds not being indigenous to the UK and with me never seeing one, I don't know what their abilities are like. But I certainly wouldn't trust the Magpies with CFCs

Buelligan

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on May 05, 2021, 07:56:07 PM
I'm just saying it's all fucking futile, just enjoy it while you're here and do your bit not to make things worse, but don't worry too much about the birds, or the flowers, or the water, because they don't give a toss. The whole concept is lost on them.

Not really about flowers giving a toss though, is it?  It's about humans not giving a toss and screwing Life for everyone.  Everyone

That's all living things alive now, including those that could live in the future if their future wasn't being willfully destroyed.  Also including all the humans who aren't fucking the planet but cannot stop these selfish cunts literally killing them.  That's what it's about. 

It's about wishing those selfish pricks would drop dead right this minute if they can't stop behaving as they are. 

Is it "bad" to think that?  Too bad if it is.

Kankurette

Why should birds be arsed about humans? They've got lives of their own. And the worst thing they do is shit on things and that's mainly seagulls, who are cunts, and pigeons.

Fry

I mean, who's to say that if dolphins had opposable thumbs and big meaty legs they wouldn't have fucked up the world worse than we have. Would they even care about bees?

Retinend

Late night[nb]I am posting this at 9AM. Fuckitpost[/nb], halls of residence-y philosophical bull session day II:

If we humans went extinct, why would the next sentient, apposable-thumb'd creatures do a better job? I think it's preposterous to aim that we remove ourselves from the planet.

Buelligan

This one should be fed to a bear.

Horrendous cunt

Retinend

you only pick on him because you fancy him

JaDanketies

Quote from: Fry on May 06, 2021, 08:13:35 AM
I mean, who's to say that if dolphins had opposable thumbs and big meaty legs they wouldn't have fucked up the world worse than we have. Would they even care about bees?

There's footage of dolphins torturing a pufferfish so they can get high off it. Plenty of evidence of animals acting in sadistic ways and treating the bodies and lives of other animals as playthings.

Buelligan

You are both idiots.  There, I've said it.

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: Buelligan on May 06, 2021, 12:04:24 AM
Not really about flowers giving a toss though, is it?  It's about humans not giving a toss and screwing Life for everyone.  Everyone

That's all living things alive now, including those that could live in the future if their future wasn't being willfully destroyed.  Also including all the humans who aren't fucking the planet but cannot stop these selfish cunts literally killing them.  That's what it's about. 

It's about wishing those selfish pricks would drop dead right this minute if they can't stop behaving as they are. 

Is it "bad" to think that?  Too bad if it is.
But you said you wished everyone was dead including yourself.

touchingcloth

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on May 05, 2021, 09:55:10 PM
I would like to enquire about the morality of dressing up an ape as a human I despise, then wishing death on this cosplay simian.

AIBU?

I hear A.A. Gill dressed that baboon as Mary Beard.

Buelligan

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on May 06, 2021, 10:00:23 AM
But you said you wished everyone was dead including yourself.

Yes.  Because the reality is, we can't just explain and get people to stop destroying the planet.  We can't just ask nicely.  We can't even not ask nicely, just force them.  None of those avenues is open, we have to let them get on with it.  Watch them dig up paradise and poison it forever.  Knowing, the whole time, that when they've finished, their children, as well as ours, as well as every other living thing on Earth, will pay in a terrible, terrible way, for what they've done.

And the whole time they're doing that, some of us are just wishing, if they can't be stopped, hopefully, all of us can be turned into compost.  Right now.  That would be best for the planet.  For all the other exquisite complex living things that need this planet.

Kankurette

So are you actually suicidal or something? (I take a lot of things literally, sorry)

Buelligan

No, I'm not suicidal at all.  I just accept that my species is a plague and a parasite on this planet and all the other species on it would be better off without us.

popcorn

Buelligan

'fraid so.

Fired into the heart of the Sun.

Non Stop Dancer

I would honestly dispense with every living creature on the planet in a heartbeat if it meant I could keep living. I expect most people would if the only two options were "them or me".

Non Stop Dancer

Clarification: I meant all non humans.

shiftwork2

Anyone else experiencing post-lockdown misanthropy?  The cunts are fucking everywhere and it's doing my nut.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 06, 2021, 01:09:15 PM
Anyone else experiencing post-lockdown misanthropy?  The cunts are fucking everywhere and it's doing my nut.

i'm living in what is practically a resort town and it's a nightmare

i'm not (or try not to be) a pessimistic or nihilistic person but i find myself croaking cunts cunts cunts under my breath more than i should do, just havin' a wee little walk

there's a cafe under my flat and almost every time i leave my front door they've moved a big group of chairs in front of it and i think i'm getting jaw ache from my bare-toothed polite 'ahem ahem excuse me's'.

AH SORRY DARLIN'

dkfjgdkgfdbghsbfsdybf

Twit 2

I went for a walk today and chatted to a farmer in a field about some of this stuff.[nb]The nature of nature etc, not wishing death etc. I should point out it arose naturally as a result of me asking if I could cut across the field instead of doing two sides of a triangle on the path. I'm not pacing around the countryside looking for existential chats with posh farmers, it just happened. :)[/nb] He was standing in his field counting his lambs. He was talking about the rawness and beauty of nature. I recommended he read "The Dig" by Cynan Jones. It was a nice little moment of mutual appreciation of common issues.

Cuntbeaks

One time i willfully cursed this manager in work.

For years afterwards she was cursed with an inceedible sequence of bad luck which I would love to believe I caused.

robhug

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 06, 2021, 03:09:16 PM
I went for a walk today and chatted to a farmer in a field about some of this stuff.[nb]The nature of nature etc, not wishing death etc. I should point out it arose naturally as a result of me asking if I could cut across the field instead of doing two sides of a triangle on the path. I'm not pacing around the countryside looking for existential chats with posh farmers, it just happened. :)[/nb] He was standing in his field counting his lambs. He was talking about the rawness and beauty of nature. I recommended he read "The Dig" by Cynan Jones. It was a nice little moment of mutual appreciation of common issues.

were either of you wearing shorts