Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:30:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hitman: World Of Assassination

Started by Famous Mortimer, February 18, 2024, 06:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

I went and searched for "which of the dozen different Steam deals gets you the most Hitman?" and found one that was only missing the extra maps in Hitman 2 (which were another tenner, bringing it to $40 for all three games with, hopefully, all the bits).

I got the idea in my head thanks to speedruns and watching people like Cheru and Atrioc on Youtube, but experience teaches me I shouldn't try and emulate them yet. Be terrible, be patient, and learn the mechanics of the game so I don't fall to pieces when it gets complicated. Like, I'm trying every single way round the training mission, just learning what happens when I try to blend in, or seeing if I can figure out a new way.

Literally everyone who's played the game has thought of this, but I was slightly proud when I thought "why not plant this bomb in the meeting room where you know that bloke is going to have his meeting, sneak back out, wait for him from next to the exit point, blow him up and leave?"

So, I may end up not enjoying it, but I've loved every other sneaky game I've tried. But, do you have any favourite levels? Techniques?

beanheadmcginty

The only thing I ever end up doing is trying to murder absolutely every single person on a level so that it is completely empty.

Schlippy

I really liked the couple of odd levels in 3 (I think), the country house murder mystery one and the nightclub / biker den / drug warehouse one with like ten different targets. Wish they'd done more of that kind of thing in the first couple of instalments, although having said that the finale level sucks ass so it doesn't always pay to deviate from the template.

Still a couple of levels I don't know that well, think I ended up blasting my way through Chongqing in the end and didn't go back to do it properly, should spin it up again and go in all sneaky beaky like.

Mobius

It's so much fun, we've had a few Hitman threads over the years on here and it seems quite popular.

I love basically all of the levels, so much variety to them. I like to do the 'challenges' as it gives you a bit of guidance on how to progress (otherwise I just poison everyone every time) there are some funny and varied ways to kill people and progress. The Hokkaido level is great.

My only gripe is I wish they'd release new levels regularly, instead of cramming new content into existing levels which never feels right.

madhair60

are there any videos/let's plays that showcase exactly how you're supposed to play Hitman? I would love to get into it but i play like a cack-handed cunt with brain AIDS who doesn't understand anything whatsoever.

falafel

Good news, that's one of the authorised playstyles

madhair60

also, if i buy world of assassination, what exactly do i get? I have Hitman 1 and 2 with DLC, are they part of it?

this is what i'm looking at: https://www.cdkeys.com/hitman-3-pc-steam

bgmnts

I have the three Hitmans and the problem with them after a first playthrough is that all the ways of doing things are signposted and listed, so instead of replaying and finding out things organically, it becomes a bit of box ticking thing.

It's still fun though. I think a youtube guy called bigmooney used to do those 'kill every person on the map' videos and they were fun.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: madhair60 on February 19, 2024, 12:20:37 PMalso, if i buy world of assassination, what exactly do i get? I have Hitman 1 and 2 with DLC, are they part of it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/15cs5p0/can_someone_tell_me_which_hitman_bundle_to_buy_on/

This is the discussion that helped me out. Don't know if I bought the cheapest version, of course.

madhair60

Dr M1nx PhD

Quote from: madhair60 on February 19, 2024, 12:20:37 PMalso, if i buy world of assassination, what exactly do i get? I have Hitman 1 and 2 with DLC, are they part of it?

To quote from cdkeys

QuoteTHIS EDITION INCLUDES

HITMAN 3
HITMAN 3 - Berlin
HITMAN 3 - Carpathian Mountains
HITMAN 3 - Chongqing
HITMAN 3 - Dartmoor
HITMAN 3 - Dubai
HITMAN 3 - Mendoza
HITMAN 3 - VR Access
HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 1 Complete First Season
HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 1 GOTY Edition
HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Standard

So if you bought that you'd get all of Hitman 1, all of Hitman 3 and all of Hitman 2 except for the bonus maps (New York and Haven Island) and a couple of sniper assassin maps.

However! You say you've already got 1&2 and their DLC, so you should be ok, if New York and Haven island don't show up in Hitman 3 though, you'll need to get the "Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 2 Expansion" off of steam for £8.50

If you're wondering why you'd need all that, the idea behind the access passes is that you can play all three games from within Hitman 3. So you don't have to have three separate things installed, and the first two are tweaked a little bit. I'm pretty sure the install size for Hitman 3 with all of the maps from the three games is smaller than if you installed 2 with all of 1s maps.

Yes, it is needlessly complicated.

madhair60

Thursday

sprocket

Quote from: madhair60 on February 19, 2024, 10:15:05 AMare there any videos/let's plays that showcase exactly how you're supposed to play Hitman? I would love to get into it but i play like a cack-handed cunt with brain AIDS who doesn't understand anything whatsoever.

Famous Mortimer

I've done the intro stuff, but I'm going through the freeform training to kill him all the different ways, so I get used to the multiple part problems. Although I did walk into a toilet straight after my target, with his a security guy ten feet away, then walk out of an "empty" toilet thirty seconds later, god knows what he thought was going on there. And I dropped a barrel on his head earlier on too...I think there's one more way of doing it - "Private Meeting" - then I'll actually get on with the game.

So far, I like the controls, I like that there's some slightly goofy physics, and I look forward to possibly getting good.

Dr M1nx PhD

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on February 20, 2024, 06:03:35 PMI've done the intro stuff, but I'm going through the freeform training to kill him all the different ways, so I get used to the multiple part problems. Although I did walk into a toilet straight after my target, with his a security guy ten feet away, then walk out of an "empty" toilet thirty seconds later, god knows what he thought was going on there. And I dropped a barrel on his head earlier on too...I think there's one more way of doing it - "Private Meeting" - then I'll actually get on with the game.

So far, I like the controls, I like that there's some slightly goofy physics, and I look forward to possibly getting good.

Getting good is vastly overrated in games generally, but particularly in Hitman. Don't fret about that, the whole point is that you can try to finish the mission however you want. Kill everyone with a fish while you're dressed as a clown.

Famous Mortimer

It was more a reference to getting comfortable with the physics and controls of the game, than any ability at it.

Mister Six

Quote from: madhair60 on February 19, 2024, 10:15:05 AMare there any videos/let's plays that showcase exactly how you're supposed to play Hitman? I would love to get into it but i play like a cack-handed cunt with brain AIDS who doesn't understand anything whatsoever.

Same. I had Hitman 2 and quite liked brute-forcing it, but I think the only one I managed to do properly was the bit where you kill the computer nerd in his Pringle-riddled basement lair.

The level with the ninjas in Hitman 2 - how were you supposed to do that?

Dr M1nx PhD

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on February 20, 2024, 06:33:05 PMIt was more a reference to getting comfortable with the physics and controls of the game, than any ability at it.

In which case, my bad, and I wish you many enjoyable hours of murdering.

Famous Mortimer

I could have been clearer, so no worries.

I'd be interested to know what people who played the older games think of the new trilogy. I tried one of them - I have a vague memory of being in a nightclub - but I remember the controls being a right pain.

Famous Mortimer

I just did my first proper level, Paris. I was hoping to get clever with one of the accident strats I've seen, but in the end I just did the news reporter one, and when Victor comes out to the fountain, shooting him from a location where I'm not seen; then doing the infected laptop thing for Dalia, which involved some nice sneaking round but was, again, just luring her somewhere and shooting her.

I felt overwhelmed by choice, until I realised that, at my level, there weren't tons of choices. I figured out a way to get round the frisking so I had my silenced pistol on me, which probably helped, but there were guns available on the top floor.

I think I'm going to like this.

Chairman Yang

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on February 20, 2024, 08:08:46 PMI'd be interested to know what people who played the older games think of the new trilogy. I tried one of them - I have a vague memory of being in a nightclub - but I remember the controls being a right pain.

I unwisely played them all back to back recently and really they're pretty ropey up until Blood Money. There is something sleazy and trashy about the old ones I miss in the new ones, though.

World of Assassination is like going to a murderers' theme park where there's all these goofy characters walking around and convenient man-sized skips everywhere.

Mister Six

Every time I see thin on the main forum page, the title has been shortened to "Hitman: World of Ass", which I'd honestly rather play.

tdurbo

Hitman is a thing of beauty. So many times I've started again in Paris, just because why not? It fills a Splinter Cell-shaped hole that was missing for years. The Berlin rave level is truly amazing.

Thursday

Quote from: Mister Six on February 23, 2024, 09:10:40 PMEvery time I see thin on the main forum page, the title has been shortened to "Hitman: World of Ass", which I'd honestly rather play.

Mate

Quote from: Thursday on February 19, 2024, 05:27:42 PM

My kind of game, baby!

Timothy

One of the best games ever made imo. Absolutely love the Hitman series. Opera Level in Blood Money is my favorite.

shoulders

Can I just point out if it hasn't been said already that on the forum index screen this thread title displays as "Hitman: World of Ass"

Thursday

Mister Six already pointed that out

shoulders

falafel

I would play a game that was called by that name!!!