Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:17:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Returnal

Started by Timothy, April 25, 2021, 09:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

druss

Got the bugger, just kept speed running it over and over, took about ten runs but I had it down quite quick by the end. Just shy of 72 hours with 77 deaths for the plat. Now I can get back to life.

Quote from: druss on January 15, 2024, 05:45:45 PMGot the bugger, just kept speed running it over and over, took about ten runs but I had it down quite quick by the end. Just shy of 72 hours with 77 deaths for the plat. Now I can get back to life.
I'm delighted for you, you absolute cock! Took me 100+ runs to find all the Biome 2 glyphs in the end. Still have two more to find in the sixth biome then that will be it. Dear God what an ordeal this has been

druss

Quote from: extraordinary walnuts on January 17, 2024, 11:53:09 AMI'm delighted for you, you absolute cock! Took me 100+ runs to find all the Biome 2 glyphs in the end. Still have two more to find in the sixth biome then that will be it. Dear God what an ordeal this has been
Do you play online? I started playing offline and got them relatively quickly. Also recommended speed running it and ignoring every enemy. Quite fun actually as there's still jeopardy, I could do 2 and a bit runs of biome 6 in an hour but would still occasionally die. I also looked at a video on YouTube for where they all are so that I would know what to look out for but more importantly so I'd know which rooms to ignore as this saves time too.  But the gold standard is to scan every room and check out the green triangles on the map (game is paused on the map screen). No green triangles? Sprint to next room. Got the last 4 glyphs (2 in 2 and 2 in 6) on the same day by going offline and speed running like this.

Yeah it was simply bad rolls of the dice for me in Biome 2, believe me I had all the maps of the glyph locations and tried all the play online/play offline voodoo stuff to try to get the right rooms to pop and was speedrunning the shit out of it, it just took forever.

I don't think getting the final 2 from Biome 6 is going to be quite so difficult, I just need to hone my skills again, they've got a little rusty since the summer. Actually quite looking forward to properly exploring Biome 6 since that's the one I've spent the least time in. (I effortlessly took down Ophion on my first attempt, thanks to the aforementioned Dreadbound w/Exploding & Expanding Shards)

druss

Ah fair enough, either I got extremely lucky then or maybe they've patched it to be a bit more forgiving?

Ophion took me a couple of attempts but don't think I've died since the first go. He/she/it was an absolute joke with doombringer+portal beam. One Doombringer per phase I think basically killed them.

Cool boss though, with maybe my favourite boss music (although I love the organ music getting louder and louder for Hyperion).

Phrike and Ixis were quite a bit inferior to the last three bosses.

oggyraiding

Giving this another go. I played about 30 minutes nearly 2 years ago, and did not enjoy it. This time I'm enjoying it more.

Still in the first biome, just got the teleportation device, but I'm impressed with the atmosphere and visuals, and also that the main character is a middle aged-ish normal looking woman (other than the heterochromia). You don't get a lot of playable middle aged women.

Thing I really don't like is how to aim you have to half press the trigger, then full press for alt-fire. I don't think the Dualsense's resistance is sufficient enough for me to not keep going for focus aim instead of normal aim.

druss

Not sure what the official best way to play is but I found that I did much better when I stopped using aim almost completely. Changing L1 to dash and R1 to jump (or vice versa, can't remember) was also a game changer and I never really struggled again once I made those changes and had gotten used to them.