Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,455
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:48:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone still playing the Hitman games?

Started by Retinend, March 17, 2022, 09:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

See I was thinking the same, Metal Gear Solid 2 was out by now, surely?

Pink Gregory

Also on the HD Collection version for the Xbox 360 (at least) of SA has a bug in the mission 'The Jacuzzi Job'in which a safe won't open that's supposed to open if you don't load the level from the start, and even if you restart during the level.

Which is what's stopping me at the minute.

H-O-W-L

Pretty sure that's a pre-existing bug too. I dunno, H2 is the one of the original four I like the least. Can't just go all shooter mode in it like you can in C47 so it's just an endless slog.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: H-O-W-L on June 12, 2022, 11:46:57 AMPretty sure that's a pre-existing bug too. I dunno, H2 is the one of the original four I like the least. Can't just go all shooter mode in it like you can in C47 so it's just an endless slog.

C47 and SA seem like prime candidates for remakes, but you don't get the impression that there was much memorable in them that people still talk about, unlike Blood Money.

Although I suppose Contracts is kind of a rerun at C4?

H-O-W-L

Yeah Contracts is basically the C47 remake. The actually Hitman levels are all represented in it, whereas the levels that aren't, while sad not to see in better quality, are mostly bangbangshooty or "run in a linear direction".

bgmnts

Quote from: bgmnts on June 11, 2022, 11:49:08 AMThinking about re-downloading this and streaming myself killing everyone on the map in gruesome ways whilst laughing maniacally.

Not even joking here, is this doable and/or even fun?

Pink Gregory

Allllrighty, putting SA down now, lost about 4 hours today to this buggy, inconsistent, creaky shite and haven't even finished the level.

For real this tine.

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 12, 2022, 05:22:28 PMAllllrighty, putting SA down now, lost about 4 hours today to this buggy, inconsistent, creaky shite and haven't even finished the level.

For real this tine.

Oof, that's not encouraging as I've just got to the Jacuzzi Job as well. If it comes to it I can probably just fuck it off and move onto Contracts/Blood Money without too much sense of loss, but it is annoying.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on June 13, 2022, 10:55:19 AMOof, that's not encouraging as I've just got to the Jacuzzi Job as well. If it comes to it I can probably just fuck it off and move onto Contracts/Blood Money without too much sense of loss, but it is annoying.

I was trying to SA it on whatever the equivalent of hard mode is, it's worth bumbling through to get to the end, but I think trying to get Professional/Silent Assassin is just really showing the limits of it.

FalknerHinton

I liked the earlier Hitman games but I love the World Of Assassination trilogy. I find them incredibly relaxing, having a plan on a map and it going pear-shaped or doing a good SASO run, there's just something about them that tickles me the right way.

That they can be very funny certainly helps, for example, here's the family portrait you get if you set it up right in Dartmoor

And it counts as an accident! No one suspects the strangely bald photographer.

I'm really interested to see what the developers Bond game will turn out like. Even if it's just a reskinned Hitman 4, I'm sold.

Capt.Midnight

Quote from: FalknerHinton on June 13, 2022, 12:27:46 PMI'm really interested to see what the developers Bond game will turn out like. Even if it's just a reskinned Hitman 4, I'm sold.

I hope they don't follow the action orientated style of that last mission in Romania...

Pink Gregory

I'm interested to see how Hitman-alike social stealth would work without the disguise system, maybe being able to inveigle yourself into restricted areas/past security without having to sneak round the back?

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Capt.Midnight on June 13, 2022, 01:52:57 PMI hope they don't follow the action orientated style of that last mission in Romania...

Yeah that's true. That one always felt like it was chucked in at the last minute to me.

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 13, 2022, 03:25:15 PMI'm interested to see how Hitman-alike social stealth would work without the disguise system, maybe being able to inveigle yourself into restricted areas/past security without having to sneak round the back?

Nah they should go for disguises, but Bond can wear all the clothes, man, woman or child. And the clothes remained modelled for the npc he took them off, so very clearly don't fit him. And no one says a word.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 13, 2022, 11:06:10 AMI was trying to SA it on whatever the equivalent of hard mode is, it's worth bumbling through to get to the end, but I think trying to get Professional/Silent Assassin is just really showing the limits of it.

Ah, well I'm definitely not doing that :) I think at this point I'd be quite happy just to get through it regardless of ratings.

H-O-W-L

The Romania level in H3 is a throwback to the final level of every Hitman pre-2016, which was always just a "Fuck it, kill the cunts, lad/lass! Get it down yer!" level -- even if you could also stealth them. I love it for it, to be honest. Bit lazily made but I do love that we finally just got to go fucking woaaaaahhhh with it. Kicking cunts off the train into the mulching wheels and cunting them to fuck with a shotgun after so many levels of having to be a polite little wanker in a funny hat. Get in.

Also Berlin is probably my favorite level in the trilogy, even if I'm lukewarm on the actual level design, just because the proto-sexual, psychopathic thrill of being Apex Predator, as the pre-mission title calls it, is so fantastic.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on June 13, 2022, 05:09:51 PMAh, well I'm definitely not doing that :) I think at this point I'd be quite happy just to get through it regardless of ratings.

It absolutely doesn't matter as well, because the rewards you get for achieving SA are, beyond the silenced Silverballers, utterly useless for continuing to play stealthily, and it's not like the shooting in the game is good!

There is...one advantage to collecting the weaponry...but I won't say any more.

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 13, 2022, 07:58:46 PMThere is...one advantage to collecting the weaponry...but I won't say any more.

It's the fact that your man cave looks the fuckin business

I'm afraid I've gone over to the "fuck this game" camp now. Spent over an hour fruitlessly trying to beat the first Nuristan mission before realising that due to a ridiculous bug on the Xbox 360 version it's practically impossible.

You need to take out a general without alerting his guards, which involves sneaking up some stairs so he doesn't see you coming. Except in this version, Agent 47 refuses to go up the stairs while crouched, and I was not able to glitch my way up without an alert being triggered, so I've fucked it off.

So yeah, I'm done. Gave it my best shot (no pun intended) now it's time to move on to better things.

Pink Gregory

Just wait until Contracts, where you can literally sprint across a level without arousing any suspicion, if you have the right disguise.

God damn it's refreshing.

Still chipping away at Contracts, it is definitely a vast improvement over Silent Assassin, although the two Rotterdam missions were a bit of a drag, just not very interesting kind-of very generic maps that took a lot of frustration to get through

The country house mission was a good laugh but I got stuck near the end as I couldn't find where they were keeping the fella prisoner. I was convinced he must be behind the gated area in the wine cellar but there didn't seem to be any way to actually get in there so I was banging my head on the wall for a bit and ended up looking at a guide - and then I felt a complete idiot as I'd looked in the stables already and completely missed a second lot of pens on the opposite side.

Onto the remake levels from Hitman 1 now.

Mobius

Just in case you guys didn't know, there's a new free level releasing tomorrow for Hitman

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1545426131406540800

I've rinsed the fuck out of all of the existing levels, so happy for a new playground.

Noodle Lizard

So a Far Cry level then. Not that I can complain about unexpected free content!

Mobius

I prefer the more urban settings or where you're inside a big building or something but yeah, better than nowt! Wonder if there'll be any achievements, mission stories, new voice acting or anything.

Retinend

I have to install a big update to play the game out of Steam right now. I hope its the new level. I'm dead excited.

Retinend

Retinend

Ambrose Island is really good. The first time through I took the hint about activating the radio tower to get the two targets to converge - and I decided to kill them with a homemade bomb that was craftable nearby. But after killing the two of them, I was still missing one keycard necessary for finishing the level. Without both the keycards you need to destroy a computer. So I found the computer and, after wondering how to breach its security and disable it, I got frustrated and gave it a blast with my shotgun that I had handy. It worked! That was it for the first attempt.

I immediately played it again, this time deciding to get the two keycards for an easy escape. The card I was missing the first time was held by a man who wandered about without much in the way of personal protection. I beat him up, stole his card, and headed to the radio tower area to kill the woman. Because it was just lying around, I grabbed a molotov cocktail and decided to throw it at her head, handily taking out 4 of her henchmen in the same attack. I grabbed her keycard, which was the second of two I needed, which meant I only had to kill the man now. I followed him around a bit... learned that he had a broken boat that he was concerned about... Fixed the boat enginge, and planted a homemade bomb right next to the point of inspection.... Waited for man, blew him up, and escaped on the boat.

Noodle Lizard

Just had my first playthrough of the new level. Silent Assassin (albeit with the occasional autosave).

I got the lady pirate by electrocuting her in the cell (which felt almost too easy) and I made the other bloke set himself on fire. I then stumbled upon the guy with the other keycard, poisoned him and beat him up. Job's a good'un.

It's a decent level! I'll have another look around now.

Mobius

I've been too addicted to Hades to try it yet, but got a 4 day weekend so definitely going to get on it soon. Seems to be well received so that's nice to hear. I'm curious if it's set post Hitman 3, or if they don't really bother tying it into the story

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Mobius on July 28, 2022, 07:12:48 AMI've been too addicted to Hades to try it yet, but got a 4 day weekend so definitely going to get on it soon. Seems to be well received so that's nice to hear. I'm curious if it's set post Hitman 3, or if they don't really bother tying it into the story

I think it's meant to be set sometime during Hitman 2. But I also don't really follow the story.