Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:50:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster s17

Started by MigraineBoy, August 24, 2023, 11:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Led Souptin

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 26, 2023, 11:51:59 AMCheck the edits on the Taskmaster Wikipedia page for the lineup.

oh wow.

it's certainly there.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 26, 2023, 11:51:59 AMCheck the edits on the Taskmaster Wikipedia page for the lineup.

Whereabouts?

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 26, 2023, 01:45:29 PMWhereabouts?

Go into 'view history' in the Wiki article, click on the deleted edit that is second in the list, and then select 'prev' - this will bring up a list of five names that someone added but has now been deleted.

crumblingman

According to that wiki edit it's:
Spoiler alert
Joanne McNally
Nick Mohammed
Sophie Willan
John Robins
Steve Pemberton
[close]

Ja'moke

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on September 26, 2023, 01:54:21 PMGo into 'view history' in the Wiki article, click on the deleted edit that is second in the list, and then select 'prev' - this will bring up a list of five names that someone added but has now been deleted.

Thanks!

Quote from: crumblingman on September 26, 2023, 02:02:08 PMAccording to that wiki edit it's:
Spoiler alert
Joanne McNally
Nick Mohammed
Sophie Willan
John Robins
Steve Pemberton
[close]

I like it. And for only the second time in Taskmaster history (after Mawaan Rizwaan), there's a contestant whose work I'm completely unaware of -
Spoiler alert
Joanne McNally.
[close]

I know people say not to judge a series by its lineup, but I reckon I wouldn't bother tuning in if, I dunno, Matt Forde or Aleksandr the Meerkat were going to be pushing a giant inflatable duck into a lake.

Led Souptin

There's not really anyone on that line up I'm excited about or think will bring hilarity but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Please can we get buckles or either or both demetrious in the future pleaaaase

DrGreggles

1 I don't like
1 I don't know
1 I don't mind
2 I like

Twilkes

Finding out the lineup of the next series of Taskmaster when the current one has only just started is like having sex with your new girlfriend's mother in her arts & crafts room on your first visit to their house and then having to sit silently through an extended family Sunday dinner including church service, and I should know, and am all for it.

frajer

Quote from: Twilkes on September 26, 2023, 04:19:16 PMlike having sex with your new girlfriend's mother in her arts & crafts room on your first visit to their house and then having to sit silently through an extended family Sunday dinner including church service

All the information is on the task.

cakeinmilk

Just out of s17e03. It was fine. 6/10. Perhaps it'll all come out in the edit.

BritishHobo

Uncle TechTip

Is one of them fussy and pedantic

Twilkes

One of them probably can't even be arsed to be there, probably one of the old women probably.

For balance, the first episode was really good.
Spoiler alert
Willan
[close]
was the best one.

Small Man Big Horse

Wow, I feel very underwhelmed by that list, they could be great but bar Pemberton I know very little about them.

Joanne McNally - Just watched a couple of youtube videos and she seems pretty funny.
Nick Mohammed - Only know him from Ted Lasso, so think he's a decent actor but no nothing about his real life.
Sophie Willan - I'd heard of Alma's Not Normal, but that's about it.
John Robins - One of those comedians who has been on my radar for ages but I've just never had the urge to see him.
Steve Pemberton - The only one I'm really interested in seeing, as I love a lot of Inside No.9, but again I've no idea what he'll be like on the show.

selectivememory

Steve I know obviously, John Robins I'm vaguely familiar with who he is, no idea what he's like as a comic though. The other three, never heard of them.

Which is fine. There's usually at least two people a series who are new to me, and I've become a fan of loads of comedians through their appearance on TM.

MigraineBoy

I know Nick Mohammed as his Mr Swallow character on Cats Does Countdown, but he did a few Zoom things during lockdown and he was nicely odd & his Off Menu appearance was endearing.  Looking forward to seeing what he does.

Ron Superior

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 26, 2023, 08:09:21 PMWow, I feel very underwhelmed by that list, they could be great but bar Pemberton I know very little about them.

I really like Nick Mohammed, he's very funny and eccentric in a good way, he's the one I'm most excited about from that list. I really like Steve Pemberton, I hope he's not too nice and polite like he often is on panel shows and really gets stuck in and he could be really fun. Think Sohpie could be really good too. John Robbins I really do not get at all, I find him really dull and annoying, I honestly can't see how him being on it will be good but am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

SteveDave

Looking forward to Robins having a meltdown about it.

edwardfog

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 26, 2023, 08:09:21 PMWow, I feel very underwhelmed by that list, they could be great but bar Pemberton I know very little about them.

It's a good lineup, especially 17 series in. McNally and Robins are both pretty fiery, very quick wits. Mohammed is a genuine weirdo and very silly. Willan sounds like she's standing out already and Pemberton will presumably be okay too. I'm excited for it

majava

Today's Guardian crossword compiled by 'Sphinx' has a secret message. https://www.theguardian.com/crosswords/cryptic/29186

Spoiler alert

Clue for 24 down: He follows Nick, losing task finally: a comfortable position (5)
[close]

neveragain

Quote from: majava on September 27, 2023, 12:05:43 PMToday's Guardian crossword compiled by 'Sphinx' has a secret message. https://www.theguardian.com/crosswords/cryptic/29186

Spoiler alert

Clue for 24 down: He follows Nick, losing task finally: a comfortable position (5)
[close]

Oh he's a clever bugger. How long does the Taskmaster filming usually last? There's No 9's to be filmed!

Reddit edit: They'll be finished by Friday.

Tomsidg

John Robins and Alex Horne have a YouTube series called Bad Golf which is a lovely 'put it on in the background whilst I go on my phone' watch. They have good chemistry. Can't wait to see John undeservedly lose a task and go on about it for years.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: cakeinmilk on September 26, 2023, 05:33:53 PMJust out of s17e03. It was fine. 6/10. Perhaps it'll all come out in the edit.

What's the Greg portrait / house theme this time around?

KennyMonster

Quote from: majava on September 27, 2023, 12:05:43 PMToday's Guardian crossword compiled by 'Sphinx' has a secret message. https://www.theguardian.com/crosswords/cryptic/29186

Spoiler alert

[close]

Saw Ep 7 being filmed,  there was a reference to Crosswords were being discussed in a previous episode.

And cryptic style crossword clues (Anagrams) played a role in one of the prize tasks.

KennyMonster

Quote from: Vroomo on September 28, 2023, 11:46:04 AMWhat's the Greg portrait / house theme this time around?

Seemed to be Victorian stuff,

Very austere 'Victorian Dad from Viz' style portrait and lots of Steam trains/Steam engines furnishing the main room etc.

Twilkes

Quote from: KennyMonster on September 29, 2023, 10:50:08 AMSeemed to be Victorian stuff,

Very austere 'Victorian Dad from Viz' style portrait and lots of Steam trains/Steam engines furnishing the main room etc.

They're certainly putting in a lot of effort with the design and decor recently.

My favourite theme was series 1, which was "groundskeeper's cottage".

joke

Any word on the NYT 2024 lineup yet?