Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Simpsons Shitposts

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 25, 2020, 03:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Neatposting is cracking me up.

The Mollusk

There's a video from years ago which I wish I saved as I can't find it anywhere. It was a clip from the song "Theme From S'Express" and when the singer goes "I've got the hots for you" it cuts to the flashback of Ned's beatnik father mimicking playing the bongos going "BOOM BOOM BAP BOOM BAP BOOM BOOM BAP". I know this doesn't do it justice but I hope you understand why I found it so great.

PlanktonSideburns

Knock knock

Who's there?

TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE!

Hahaha I REMEMBER these things

Ferris

TheMonk

I don't get it and feel old.

Thursday

Quote from: TheMonk on August 15, 2020, 10:27:25 AM
I don't get it and feel old.

Again though, people saying they don't get it, do you just not know the references or just don't know why people find it funny?

Ferris

Yeah they're just mash-ups of two funny Simpsons moments, re-combined in a way that puts a new spin on the joke.

The one I liked above is the emotional endpoint of the iconic Dustin Hoffman/Mr. Bergstrom storyline from Lisa's Substitute back in season 2. You get the first few panels which are the setup, then huh, the note is blank, final frame cut to Johnny Tightlips, a daft one-off character who never tells nobody nothin'.

It's silly and fun. They're all funny but I don't think you need to feel old - if anything, you need to have an obsessive knowledge of a tv show from 25-30 years ago in order to make the connections and get the joke.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

TheMonk

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 15, 2020, 12:51:03 PM
Yeah they're just mash-ups of two funny Simpsons moments, re-combined in a way that puts a new spin on the joke.

The one I liked above is the emotional endpoint of the iconic Dustin Hoffman/Mr. Bergstrom storyline from Lisa's Substitute back in season 2. You get the first few panels which are the setup, then huh, the note is blank, final frame cut to Johnny Tightlips, a daft one-off character who never tells nobody nothin'.

It's silly and fun. They're all funny but I don't think you need to feel old - if anything, you need to have an obsessive knowledge of a tv show from 25-30 years ago in order to make the connections and get the joke.
Ok ta for that.
Maybe a rewatch is in order.

The Lurker

Enjoyed this #CorriePosting I saw the other day

I.D. Smith

This thread reminded me of good old Simstadts from old:

https://thesimstadts.tumblr.com/

FredNurke

It's about time this happened.

PlanktonSideburns

The Mollusk

I wish I knew where the original audio for this video came from, but sometimes the great thing about stupid memes is that they're hilarious without context.

"Bringin' up old shit eh..."

This is another banger set to "Big Poppa" by Notorious B.I.G.:

Notorious N.E.D.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 20, 2020, 09:10:10 AM
I wish I knew where the original audio for this video came from, but sometimes the great thing about stupid memes is that they're hilarious without context.

"Bringin' up old shit eh..."

That ones brilliant

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 20, 2020, 09:10:10 AM

This is another banger set to "Big Poppa" by Notorious B.I.G.:

Notorious N.E.D.

Ha the best one of these is Earl Sinclair doing Hypnotize
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vmlww9708

I.D. Smith

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on August 19, 2020, 09:27:27 PM
love that

whats it about?

If you're asking in regards to Simstadts, then I don't fully know, to be honest. I just remember it being posted on a forum I used to go on in the mid 00s. At that point it was it's own website (I think. I could be wrong), back in the day when people would build their own websites for anything creative. At the time it appeared to have no named creator behind it, nor any indication of how it originated. I think there was a theory that the text had been ran through a language translator a few times, but that still doesn't explain the accompanying images.

I'm actually quite glad I've never found out who, why and how it was made. It's just an internet oddity from the 00s that has no explanation behind it. Every so often I'll remember it, and go search for it, and be glad that it still exists somewhere.

Phil_A

Quote from: I.D. Smith on August 20, 2020, 06:39:26 PM
If you're asking in regards to Simstadts, then I don't fully know, to be honest. I just remember it being posted on a forum I used to go on in the mid 00s. At that point it was it's own website (I think. I could be wrong), back in the day when people would build their own websites for anything creative. At the time it appeared to have no named creator behind it, nor any indication of how it originated. I think there was a theory that the text had been ran through a language translator a few times, but that still doesn't explain the accompanying images.

I'm actually quite glad I've never found out who, why and how it was made. It's just an internet oddity from the 00s that has no explanation behind it. Every so often I'll remember it, and go search for it, and be glad that it still exists somewhere.

I'm not sure this sheds any light, but I do know they were made by a gentleman called Sam Millen who I believe was a friend of someone from goaste/n3ta - goaste was where they were originally hosted.

http://razstar.brinkster.net/goaste/simstadts001.html

The 22 on that page are the originals, at some point someone else made the other website linked above and started making new ones.

There's also the MS Paint "HOMER IS DEAD" comic strips that were done by Raz, which ended up becoming a meme years later.

Basically goaste was ahead of the curve with this Simpsons Shitposting malarkey.