Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:42:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Lost Oliver

Is there anything we can do to stop Murphy becoming a regular pundit on the beeb?

Lost Oliver

What do we think is going on with Allen? Why can't he say? Possible prison sentence? I dunno what it could be.

sevendaughters

Rd 2 schedules out. I think the Barbican has 4 tables for spectators in the main bit and they've announced

- Comb Boy v Wakelin
- Tian v Maguire
- Ding v Cragie

for telly, which means I might not get to see Thepchaiya stroll around and smash em against Zhao.

Can't stay for all of the evening session but Selby-Vafaei is the big ticket there, but I will be watching Pot the Lot Dott.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Lost Oliver on November 27, 2021, 02:40:45 PMWhat do we think is going on with Allen? Why can't he say? Possible prison sentence? I dunno what it could be.

yeah it's a bit odd. if it was just fiduciary stuff then i'd want to be in the best place to make money no matter; sounds like he'd have to pull out.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Lost Oliver on November 27, 2021, 02:40:45 PMWhat do we think is going on with Allen? Why can't he say? Possible prison sentence? I dunno what it could be.

Divorce, snooker club went bust, child maintenance payments to Reanne and he has been whining about how he "might not even get to keep" his prize money. Just money trouble probably, either having none or trying to hold on to what he's got.

Blue Jam

Catching up with highlights on Eurosport now. Alan McManus saying AIDS is "about 80% wrong" on the amateur thing. Trying to be as diplomatic as possible but he definitely ain't on Team AIDS.

Is Jimmy White wearing eyeliner?

dr beat

McManus has always seemed pretty sound.  Good taste in suits too.

Blue Jam

Aye, Angles always was a dapper chappie. Knows better than to have a sudden Goth phase:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Baron81The/status/1464616062427836419

sevendaughters

In York. Everyone is talking snooker. Atmosphere electric.

Blue Jam

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 28, 2021, 12:15:02 PMIn York. Everyone is talking snooker. Atmosphere electric.

Nice. Have a good one and keep us posted.

sevendaughters

On the outside tables. Thepchaiya won his first 3 in the time Peter Lines took to win his opener. Both very entertaining. All of life is here.

sevendaughters

Just watch Zhao miss a max on final yellow. Gutted for the lad. Proper nerve-wracking!

Blue Jam

Lovely stuff 7D, keep it coming.

Watching Ding vs Craigie here. Think Ding got out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

druss

Love how awkward Ding looks in those promo videos. He's too adorable.

sevendaughters

Lines v Fan is snooker as imagined by Bela Tarr. No winners, only hell. I am engrossed.

Zhao back from 3-0 down to tie. Chinese girl next to me got a pre-match selfie with him. She spent frames 5 & 6 editing her eyebags out of it.

Only a coach and Mrs Milkins watching Milkins v Xiao.

Blue Jam

Alright Ding lad this is more like it

sevendaughters

49 mins into Lines v Fan frame 4, the final red goes down. Now in a safety battle on the colours.

Bumped into Ricky Walden near the bogs.

Alan McManus is watching a live feed on the BBC set as the young host eats chips.

Going main arena after Thep v Zhao wraps, which is set to happen soon.

Blue Jam

What's the nicest hotel near the Barbican, and does it have a bar? If so 7D, could you please hang out there later and report back for us? Ta.

Gotta love a snooker safari. Pure deso.

sevendaughters

Decider here between Thep and Zhao. Lorra fun.

Imagine all the action after play will be in the nearby Spoons. Virgo on the tasting paddle.

sevendaughters

Yan Bingtao just plopped down next to me. He smells of vetiver and dreams.

Blue Jam

Excellent stuff. Keep it coming 7D, I need to know what all the players smell like.

Ah unlucky Ding. The famous eyelid twitch is never a good sign.

sevendaughters

Zhao wins on last black and then strolls over to Yan and chats like they're discussing an oil change. Thep looked gutted and was weird as we exited the room at the same time.

In main arena for last knockings of Thin Up Top v Wakelin.

sevendaughters

BARRY HAWKINS IN CAFE NERO KLAXON

Blue Jam

Seen Mark Williams in Nando's yet?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 28, 2021, 05:41:59 PMSeen Mark Williams in Nando's yet?

I keep "seeing Mark Williams" only to realise it is a different balding man.

In the Barbican bar that overlooks the Eurosport set. Jimmy White (literally 2 yards away as I type) looks weird.

Phone battery going down as the staff took my laptop/charger off me this time around. Only spoiler here has been a fairly high level of jobsworthiness.

sevendaughters

Last missive before I get the train - Dott has been given an outside table. He's kind of a hero of mine so I think I'm going to forgo the main arena once more, even though it is very nice and comfy.

Blue Jam

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 28, 2021, 06:02:44 PMI keep "seeing Mark Williams" only to realise it is a different balding man.

I had that issue with "Kyren Wilson" in Sheffield, because lots of blokes look like him.

The Culture Bunker

The wife is very excited to see a fellow Iranian (Vafaei vs Selby) in the tournament - to the point she's getting stressed about every shot.

sevendaughters

Dott one apiece with Robertson in a scrappy match. Just what I wanted.

Ashley Hugill just Williamsbreaked. Luca Brecel playing tidily against Tom "not that one" Ford.