Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:56:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021: The Big Thread Machine

Started by madhair60, March 07, 2021, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Called them up and then fired them due to 'budget reasons' and now they have to wait 90 days instead of 30 days to do anything else because they're on a main roster contract

Mobius

Top Dolla kept mouthing off on twitter how Hit Row would be fine on main roster because they could cut a promo. He shit on other wrestlers, tried to start shit with The Young Bucks. They got moved up, B-Fab got immediately fired, then they got owned by Jinder and Shanky in a rap battle. Then Top Dolla did a racist rap back on twitter and had to delete it, and now the entire faction's been fired.

I feel bad for Swerve too, he's so good.

Tegan Nox spent most of her time injured and when she finally got fit they had nothing for her, now she's fired.

Shane Thorne has done nothing since leaving NXT years ago except that awful Retribution shit. Total waste. Hope he goes to NJPW with his old TMDK tag team partner Mikey Nicholls.

Drake Maverick literally pissed himself on live television for Vince McMahon

Jaxson Ryker is a racist piece of shit and awful wrestler and no one likes him, but it's unbelievable how many people he outsurvived including Cutler/Blake who were part of Forgotten Sons, and actually good wrestlers.

JoMo following his with Taya out of the door. Both wasted, Morrison for the second time.

letsgobrian

Night 3 of Wrestle Kingdom is going to be a New Japan vs NOAH PPV. With the promise of working with other groups through 2022.

cliggg

Quote from: Mobius on November 19, 2021, 02:48:00 AMCalled them up and then fired them due to 'budget reasons' and now they have to wait 90 days instead of 30 days to do anything else because they're on a main roster contract
It's more accurate to say he will choose to wait 90 days before going elsewhere like most wrestlers from WWE do. They get paid for the 90 days so most understandably take the money and have a bit of time off, they have the option to waive the money for an earlier release but most don't. I'd do the same, take the money, let any niggling injuries heal up, rest up and plan for the future. I'd imagine there would be contact between the wrestlers and other promotions that are kept secret until they can officially sign.

Also whoever signed off on
Spoiler alert
Billy Gunn kicking out of a Coffin Drop on Rampage
[close]
last night needs a serious talking to.

Mobius

Survivor Series is on today

There's a 25 man Battle Royal in honour of The Rock's 25 year anniversary or something, So I assume he's showing up to have a staredown with Roman

BeardFaceMan

I'm looking forward to Survivor Series about as much as I'm looking forward to CM Punk feuding with QT Marshall. I would say the only interesting thing is Charlotte v Becky but that whole thing stinks of a work.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Mobius on November 21, 2021, 09:47:50 PMSurvivor Series is on today

There's a 25 man Battle Royal in honour of The Rock's 25 year anniversary or something, So I assume he's showing up to have a staredown with Roman

Setting up for Wrestlemania in 2023. How thrilling!

Ja'moke

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 21, 2021, 11:31:17 PMI'm looking forward to Survivor Series about as much as I'm looking forward to CM Punk feuding with QT Marshall.

Haha, Punk isn't feuding with QT Marshall. Guarantee that'll be a quick squash to give Punk a win in his hometown and lead into an MJF segment.

Now, if you said Darby & Sting feuding with the Gunn Club, I'd be with ya.

QuoteI would say the only interesting thing is Charlotte v Becky but that whole thing stinks of a work.

Isn't that how wrestling is meant to work?

Mobius

Wow this show sucks. Crowd currently doing 'the wave' whilst the womens SS match is on

Crowd update - now chanting CM Punk and Cowboy Shit

Mobius

Well that killed 4 hours at work

No Rock appearance. Most of the PPV was advertising his new movie which meant lots of segments based around a giant egg

The battle Royale was an advert for Pizza Hut

Roman won clean

Deanjam

Quote from: Mobius on November 22, 2021, 04:36:41 AMWell that killed 4 hours at work

No Rock appearance. Most of the PPV was advertising his new movie which meant lots of segments based around a giant egg

The battle Royale was an advert for Pizza Hut

Roman won clean

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 22, 2021, 12:01:04 AMIsn't that how wrestling is meant to work?

I mean it's too obviously a work while they are pretending that it's a shoot. I don't doubt there's a little bad blood between the two but in typical WWE style they're driving it into the ground and they won't stop mentioning it, talking about it non-stop in interviews or podcasts. Any beliveability or realism has been stripped away and it no longer looks like two people shooting on each other, it looks like two people working.

up_the_hampipe

The Rock's not even busy, it was apparently #cheatmealsunday so he's just been at home eating. Don't blame him for staying away from WWE right now. Such a power move to have a battle royal named after you, but just make Vince hold an egg that was sent by your press team.

madhair60

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 22, 2021, 09:48:38 AMThe Rock's not even busy, it was apparently #cheatmealsunday so he's just been at home eating. Don't blame him for staying away from WWE right now. Such a power move to have a battle royal named after you, but just make Vince hold an egg that was sent by your press team.

As was pointed out on Twitter, he did more for Impact last year in the Ken Shamrock tribute than for WWE when they promote the entire show around him.