Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 752
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:57:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Foundation (Asimov series)

Started by Dex Sawash, September 22, 2021, 10:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakabaka

A decade or two ago someone here pointed out that more and more movie posters were orange and blue.
A few years later we realised that the movies themselves were going the same way, but darker.
And thus was born my obsession with Tawny and Teal Not sure why but I love tawny and teal movies. I though that Fury Road was the most tawny and teal thing I'd ever see.

But fuck me! Foundation beat it to a bleeding pulp! Every single scene was a variation of tawny and teal. And it never stopped. There was one episode that ended with them entering Hari's spaceship where the colours changed to blue and red, tricking us into thinking that things would change. But no, next episode they changed it back to match everything else.

I loved it. Plot, internal logic, characters, dialogue - all shit. But the colours...

The opening credits really take the piss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkV2nx6fRTA

Spoiler:
Spoiler alert
tawny wins. Time and again throughout the show.
[close]