Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:46:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 - Welcome to our new ISIS Taliban overlords

Started by chveik, November 06, 2021, 12:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 26, 2021, 05:26:56 PMNot sure why that's excellent news.
Surely it'd be a better tournament with both in it.

Calm down Sean Murphy

DrGreggles

Ha!

But isn't part of the fun of big tournaments watching Portugal (or Shaun Murphy) getting knocked out?

BlodwynPig

DrGreggles

imitationleather

What would be best of all is both missing out!

But if I had to pick one it'd be Portugal as they're a terrible team to watch.

shoulders

Quote from: Thursday on November 26, 2021, 06:26:08 PMRonaldo not even getting to do another world cup is the funniest option. Italy failing to get there after winning the Euro would also be very funny.

Agreed

jobotic

BlodwynPig

Meanwhile BIG ANDY CARROLL scores for his new club Reading.

The Sauds should be looking closely at this giant footballing ACEMAN come the transfer number. 100Million will be a bargain.

dr beat

Would prefer Italy over Portugal, Mancini seems a GBOL and to be honest they had the Euros won before a ball was kicked with those really fly light blue blazers.  Would like to see what they would rock up in Qatar.

However today it's good to see Jota hasnt blotted his copybook.

Inspector Norse

I do wonder sometimes how the hell whoever is responsible for shooting coaching at Brighton sleeps at night.

Kankurette

Arteta lives to fight another day.

I prefer Italy to Portugal mainly because of Mancini, but also because they were fun to watch.

Quote from: jobotic on November 27, 2021, 02:58:49 PMAnother loss for Newcastle.

Please be relegated

haven't seen timewasting like Dubravka's for the hour it was 0-0 in ages. If that's Eddie Howe's big idea, and I didn't see anything from Newcastle that would indicate he has any others, then they are properly fucked

Spode

Can't look at this Trossard without thinking he's dressed as Zombie Trossard for Halloween. Looks like Mr Dead.

JamesTC

The Portuguese league forced Belenenses-SAD to play their game this evening against Benfica despite having a covid outbreak amongst the squad, which left all but 9 players available (two of which were keepers). 7-0 down after half-time, only 7 of the players came out and the keeper, who was playing in midfield, pretended to have an injury, went off the pitch and the game was abandoned.

EDIT: Even more farcical, apparently the league did offer to postpone and the owner of Belenenses-SAD turned them down.

Twonty Gostelow

Poobum

Quote from: JamesTC on November 27, 2021, 10:34:06 PMThe Portuguese league forced Belenenses-SAD to play their game this evening against Benfica despite having a covid outbreak amongst the squad, which left all but 9 players available (two of which were keepers). 7-0 down after half-time, only 7 of the players came out and the keeper, who was playing in midfield, pretended to have an injury, went off the pitch and the game was abandoned.

EDIT: Even more farcical, apparently the league did offer to postpone and the owner of Belenenses-SAD turned them down.

Not the actual Belenenses. The current owner legalesed his way to stealing the club from the club members who had a deal where they could buy the shares back. The original Belenenses are back in the fourth tier with all the fans, whilst this lot play in front of a few hundred in a near 40'000 seater stadium.

Thursday

Tottenham vs Burnley postponed because of Snow.

Absolute cowards, I have fond memories of Tromso vs Chelsea  in the cup winners cup.

imitationleather

wtf. How is that even possible in 2021.

If global warming means we're spared a 0:0 borefest I say bring it on!

imitationleather

If I was coming all the way from Texas away against Burnley would be my pick of the fixtures too.

BlodwynPig

Snowballs on pitch delayed second half in Rangers match

Bonkers

Thursday

Quote from: imitationleather on November 28, 2021, 01:29:04 PMwtf. How is that even possible in 2021.

If global warming means we're spared a 0:0 borefest I say bring it on!

I guess if the snow is still falling very heavily, then there's only so much that can be done, but yeah I did think any Premiership team (even Burnley) would have technology that deals with it.

jobotic

What did Carlton Cole say on 5? He just had to make a grovelling apology

Kankurette

Captain Z

Didn't read any news and for a while just assumed there were no streams for Burnley Spurs because no channel thought it was worth showing.

DrGreggles

I know loads of trains between the NW and London have been cancelled this weekend and, however unlikely it is that fans were taken into account, maybe that was a factor.

Although it doesn't seem to affected Man City v West Ham.

Captain Z

I do wonder if the Man City game will be able to continue, that is almost Tromso levels of coverage.

Kankurette

Leicester are also balls deep in snow apparently. I've just been out to do a bit of shopping and it was snowing then, no wonder City can barely see the ball.

Meanwhile, this genius post from an Everton fan, supposedly, on the BBC feed:
QuoteEverton have lost their identity. Need a clear out including the coach they need to go back to the basics with Frank Lampard maybe.

One, Everton have not lost their identity, their identity is 'being the other team from Liverpool who aren't as good at football as Liverpool are'.  I never got the whole identity thing. Do football teams even have one? Two, FRANK LAMPARD?! Come on. The guy overachieved at Chelsea and the last thing Everton need is someone who's barely experienced and only got the job at Derby because of his uncle.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 28, 2021, 02:30:43 PMI know loads of trains between the NW and London have been cancelled this weekend and, however unlikely it is that fans were taken into account, maybe that was a factor.

Although it doesn't seem to affected Man City v West Ham.
Burnley is a fair bit more "up in the hills" than Manchester. Though you get a fair of difference in weather just between here in South Manc and Oldham - often described as the coldest ground in the land.

Meanwhile, I suspect Man United are going to take a right hammering again this evening.