Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

February 26, 2024, 08:41:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Elon Musk Hæte-2: Electric Poogaloo

Started by touchingcloth, January 13, 2023, 04:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 03, 2023, 08:31:59 PMCompared to usual American trucks I think it's pretty small. The wheely bin is about 2 metres away. Loads of US pickups have bonnets head (6ftish) height now. It's mad really.
Yeah that's the impression I got from the carwow guy. The roof in the back has an acute rake so that means tall passengers seem to suffer. However it tow and clearance seem to be industry standard. Really seems it's like for (inner) city folk rather suburban folk which makes sense by it's range.

Alberon

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Urinal Cake on December 03, 2023, 08:53:19 PMYeah that's the impression I got from the carwow guy. The roof in the back has an acute rake so that means tall passengers seem to suffer. However it tow and clearance seem to be industry standard. Really seems it's like for (inner) city folk rather suburban folk which makes sense by it's range.

I've not watched this yet, and have been holding off posting it, but the guy reviewing it is generally reliable.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 03, 2023, 08:26:35 PMI think at some point North America decided that daylight running lights needed to be implemented and for manufacturing (and possibly fuel economy) settled on using the front indicators rather than sidelights.

Not sure why they have orange tails, but again, North America is weird there and often uses a flashing red tail light to indicate rather than a separate orange light.

Whenever I hop in the Ferris family whip* the running lights are the headlights. Using the front indicators would be mad, how would anyone know if you were indicating?!

The sort of ludicrous policy decision making that is a specialty of the US rather than my own relatively sane Canada.

*2016 Corolla in slate grey

Ferris

Fine if none of you cunts will do it:

Threelon Musk is here.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 03, 2023, 08:31:59 PMCompared to usual American trucks I think it's pretty small. The wheely bin is about 2 metres away. Loads of US pickups have bonnets head (6ftish) height now. It's mad really.

Elon's next car is going to have six-foot diameter wheels, but only at the front with the back ones being normal. Cyberfarthing.

Blue Jam

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 03, 2023, 04:14:01 PMSeems this isn't new:

https://thenextweb.com/news/tesla-launches-car-wrapping-service-because-its-colors-are-boring-af

One of my neighbours has an orange Tesla. I now realise they must have paid to have it wrapped.

I have also read about the demand for Vantablack-like coatings for Teslas, which are super matte and absorb crazy amounts of light. Not a great idea to make a road vehicle less visible is it?

paging @Dex Sawash

There's wrap shops in lots of towns with insane amounts of colo(u)r choice, pink chrome and whatnot. On the boring side, wraps can be done with printed on graphics for your commercial liveried Transit van too.

Wrapped Tesla Y and X are pretty common. Was going to wrap one of my boats in some neonchrome color but I got better realized I would do a shit job of it and it would just fall off.

touchingcloth