Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,326
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:48:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's Your EDC When Out in the 'Field'

Started by Blumf, September 07, 2023, 03:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Brian Freeze

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 13, 2023, 05:17:16 PM
Spoiler alert
What's the difference between a beard comb and any other comb? Aside from being "modelled on the handle of the famous Kalashnikov rifle bayonet"?
[close]

I haven't a clue sorry, and can't think of a funny comment on the fly.

I hadnt noticed they were of a particular sort as I usually scroll down to check the price before the details and got lost in the SEVENTY FIVE QUID price for a moment or two

Buelligan

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 13, 2023, 05:17:16 PM
Spoiler alert
What's the difference between a beard comb and any other comb? Aside from being "modelled on the handle of the famous Kalashnikov rifle bayonet"?
[close]

It's made from spiced cake.

Spoiler alert
[close]

Brian Freeze

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 13, 2023, 05:33:09 PMUrban? Essential?

Definitely urban.

You dont want a sheep to knock it over, a fox to steal it or a farmer to smash it because its the work of satan do you?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Brian Freeze on October 14, 2023, 08:15:34 AMDefinitely urban.

You dont want a sheep to knock it over, a fox to steal it or a farmer to smash it because its the work of satan do you?

What was that? Sorry, distracted trying to find my penis.

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on October 16, 2023, 10:35:26 PMHat fucked, cheers!

When I was in primary school, received wisdom among the lads was that you could
- cut a slit in a tennis ball
- cut the heads off a load of matches
- stuff the ball full of heads
- stuff a small pebble in the ball as well

This was held to result in a working and dangerous hand grenade. One lad said that his older brother made ong but fucked it up by using safety matches.

flotemysost

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 16, 2023, 11:06:19 PMWhen I was in primary school, received wisdom among the lads was that you could
- cut a slit in a tennis ball
- cut the heads off a load of matches
- stuff the ball full of heads
- stuff a small pebble in the ball as well

This was held to result in a working and dangerous hand grenade. One lad said that his older brother made ong but fucked it up by using safety matches.

I've heard feeding a pack of Mentos to a seagull has similar results, according to my great uncle and therefore definitely true.

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on October 16, 2023, 11:19:43 PMI've heard feeding a pack of Mentos to a seagull has similar results, according to my great uncle and therefore definitely true.

Baking powder on bread was what we all believed in primary school, so seeing them do it for real in 24 Hour Party People brought back memories for me.

genericguy

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 08, 2023, 12:23:28 PMAside from the standard keys wallet and phone, I have a little Swiss army knife on my keyring.
The spring on the scissors has snapped, which is a shame as I mostly use it to keep my fingernails tidy. It still comes in handy for that and many other uses though.

You can buy just the spring for the scissors for these on Amazon (*other retailers are available)

Dex Sawash

Quote from: genericguy on October 31, 2023, 10:04:44 AMYou can buy just the spring for the scissors for these on Amazon (*other retailers are available)

Possibly the greatest first post on CaB. Unless it is one of those marketing bots, a very niche one specializing in knife repair parts. Welcome aboard @genericguy

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: genericguy on October 31, 2023, 10:04:44 AMYou can buy just the spring for the scissors for these on Amazon (*other retailers are available)

Don't buy it on Amazon:

touchingcloth

Don't buy on eBay either. DM me, my EDC is just a big bag of penknife scissor springs.

QDRPHNC

Imagine crushing up all your match heads and putting them into a lock and then sticking another match in and then realizing you forgot to leave a match over to light the match with.

Blumf

When you're a ninja and you need your socks darning

https://countycomm.com/collections/titanium-gear/products/titanium-bobbin
QuoteTSB - Titanium Stealth Bobbin Gen 2

Introducing the TSB - Titanium Stealth Bobbin, the ultimate tactical accessory for any sewing enthusiast. With its lightweight titanium construction, the TSB provides unparalleled strength and durability, making it the ideal choice for even the toughest sewing projects.

Dex Sawash

Was thinking that'd be perfect to carry a hank of 1mm dyneema but I see some other cunt got there first.