Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:47:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TERF Crowd: The Terrifying Transphobia of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, October 15, 2023, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Banned from a site run by a Jews Will Not Replace Us cunt. Class act.

Pixel Pusher

Quote from: waste of chops on November 22, 2023, 06:27:11 PMSo he couldn't go a day without posting for the sake of his marriage; but he CAN go a week without posting to save his account. Got it.

Yeah when you put it like that, it really shows how much he valued his marriage..

I bet he's still sat at his computer though, reading Twitter all day and typing tweets into a word doc. He'll prob post about 200 in the first few hours he's awake on Saturday.

I'm excited to hear about his reaction to nothing at all being different because there was no shadow ban. I'm sure it will be very self aware.

sheddyian

"Baby needs shoes"

Baby needs Twitter views more like

frajer

'Why I'm Too Cowardly to go to Bookshops' by Graham Linehan

'The Crossword Makes Me Scared Now' by Arty Morty

Big self-pity party for the terfs lately. Almost as if the tide isn't turning, it's never going to turn, and it's unsettling to become increasingly aware of this fact.

jobotic

Very selective, some of those quotes. Or is the joke going over my head ?

Pixel Pusher

He actually quoted the one positive bit of a pretty negative guardian review that descibed it as 'less like the story of a man heroically cleaving to his principles than a document of a peculiar and self-defeating obsession, a sad coda to a once towering talent.'

frajer

Sorry I'm probably being too obscure. Just feels like there's a lot of self-pity from the terf crowd lately.

Arty cried woe is me the other day when the New York Times crossword had 'terf' as an answer.

And now Linehan has said he's too scared to go into bookshops because he thinks people might confront him. Maybe don't write a hate speech book, if you're too timid to be challenged over its content?

Milo

Complaining about WHSmith not stocking it? They're on their arse. They've only got space for stuff that will move.

But I thought it had also sold brilliantly and they'd had to print loads more so I'm a bit confused about the pleading tone.

Pixel Pusher

Maybe once they reply to him they can reach a deal on a promotion.

Like, Tough Crowd for only £1 when you buy a bottle of water.

wrec

For sale
Banana book
Never read

I love that his selling point is the book being less than half TERF ranting. By that logic a book with no such content would be preferable.

So his best bet for sales is the army of angry pensioner elves who've supposedly already bought it harassing retail workers at the busiest time of the year, so they can buy it again as a passive-aggressive gift for relatives they hate who absolutely don't want it and won't read it. Merry Christmas!

thr0b

Quote from: Milo on November 22, 2023, 07:25:03 PMComplaining about WHSmith not stocking it? They're on their arse. They've only got space for stuff that will move.

But I thought it had also sold brilliantly and they'd had to print loads more so I'm a bit confused about the pleading tone.

They've had to print so many more, there's loads in the warehouse just in case.

Smiths? Rolling in money, propped up by the travel arm and money from the Post Office. They've said they won't be opening more actual stores because there's at least one everywhere, which is sensible, not expanding for the sake of it. But far from skint.

thr0b

"Buy it for a relative that won't want it just to see their face!"

What a wag.

Mx Wrongs

I thought those opening paragraphs were just an intro before he moves on to his article. Turns out not. He's just plugging his shitty book. His subscribers are paying to be advertised to, fucking lol!

And begging those same mugs to go do work for him, begging them, in the only article in ages he's actually written by himself, that they pay him to write.

It's just fucking pitiful.

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on November 22, 2023, 07:37:05 PMHe's just plugging his shitty book. His subscribers are paying to be advertised to, fucking lol!

He hasn't made a post since 24th August that isn't solely plugging the book.

Elfking

Very classy move. Using Transgender Day of Rememberance and making fun of it to promote your trans hate book.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Pixel Pusher on November 22, 2023, 07:11:54 PMHe actually quoted the one positive bit of a pretty negative guardian review that descibed it as 'less like the story of a man heroically cleaving to his principles than a document of a peculiar and self-defeating obsession, a sad coda to a once towering talent.'

"...very good at all"

Dr Rock

Quote from: thr0b on November 22, 2023, 07:34:07 PMSmiths? Rolling in money, propped up by the travel arm and money from the Post Office.

Also they save money on electricity by keeping their shops in perpetual gloom.

Got to say I'm finding his increasing desperation really fucking funny

idunnosomename

lol he's still saying "baby needs shoes". get a new bit for fucks sake

Greyhound

Lol. Too afraid to face the evil bookshops, stuck in the corner when there's someone to confront in a pub, blows his top when an interviewer pushes him at all. Pure keyboard warrior.

jobotic

If you buy someone in your family something you know they will hate, doesn't that doesn't make you...a cunt?

BritishHobo

Amazing that the post amounts to "I'm too scared to bully bookshop employees because their head office have chosen not to stock my book - can you guys do it for me, please?" Yeah no worries at all Graham, I'll get straight down to WH Smiths and take the bullet for you, it's an honour and a privilege.

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: Greyhound on November 22, 2023, 08:00:36 PMLol. Too afraid to face the evil bookshops, stuck in the corner when there's someone to confront in a pub, blows his top when an interviewer pushes him at all. Pure keyboard warrior.

It sets his pant-shitting threshold very low indeed. Essentially he's scared of a private sector librarian.

BritishHobo

Hi, student who works part time at The Works. Nothing to see here, I'm just purchasing a boxset of Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, no ulterior- WHY DON'T YOU STOCK GRAHAM LINEHAN'S MEMOIR 'ROUGH CROWD'? DO YOU LIKE CHILD MUTILATION? DO YOU WANT PAEDOPHILES IN SCHOOL CHANGING ROOMS?!

Kankurette

Why is he scared? Thought the silent majority agreed with him?

damien

Book is 3834 on Amazon book charts so he can shove his poster of quotes up his arse.

Mx Wrongs

As we can see, early to mid November the book was performing well, breaking resistance at over 7000, before falling back a bit but reaching support at just under 2000. Major publicity drives from bullish quarters have helped see the trend line rise as we head back towards 4000, with retail feeling the short squeeze, as the publisher feels short changed.

To the moon!

To the second-hand shoe shop!

wrec

Quote from: extraordinary walnuts on November 22, 2023, 07:56:03 PMGot to say I'm finding his increasing desperation really fucking funny

Looking forward to him deciding to do another book to make up for this one being suppressed by shadowy cabals, failing to get anyone interested, claiming it's already written and ready to go but Eye Books won't support healthy breast tissue.

Only now learning that the publisher was founded by one Dan Hiscocks. Can see why he was drawn to such an unambiguous name.

Actually he'll probably try and do a true crime style investigative podcast (the greatest medical scandal in history!) next, with hilarious and libelous results.

thr0b

Quote from: wrec on November 22, 2023, 09:12:51 PMActually he'll probably try and do a true crime style investigative podcast (the greatest medical scandal in history!) next, with hilarious and libelous results.

Only Mammaries In The Binbag.