Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

May 30, 2024, 12:45:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TERF Crowd: The Terrifying Transphobia of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, October 15, 2023, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red82

I hope Graham doesn't get diagnosed Autistic.  He is a cunt.  That will make my own life on the spectrum harder.

Kankurette

Quote from: Rankersbo on November 24, 2023, 05:31:23 AMAnother autistic friend has fallen in to outright terfery. While many support trans people. It's pause for thought, but being autistic may feel it gives you a clear view of the world free of reactionary neurotypical nonsense and you see other autistic people being insane bigots and it becomes clear it's just a different perspective, not a clearer one.
The friend I mentioned is autistic. Like me, he hyperfixates on things. He used to be a hardcore conspiracy theorist. 'The McCanns killed Madeleine' and that kind of thing.

Mr Banlon

[/quote]
Quote from: Mx Wrongs on November 23, 2023, 11:30:57 PMFolks, Nuneaton's going to be fucking hooching in February!

It's not some town venue that has strewn a few hay bales about the stage. It really is an actual barn in the middle of fucking nowhere.
"Don't worry, he's gone to live on a nice farm."

Milo

BennyHedgehog

Open AI showing a decent understanding of BANANA BOG COPPERS and the art style of early 80s 2000ad covers. Still having trouble with text though.

The Crumb

The attempt to add value with unspecified live music and 'guest speakers' projects total confidence in the elite comedians they've hired for two end of barrel ales and a plate of pie scraps.

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 24, 2023, 11:27:54 AMIt's not some town venue that has strewn a few hay bales about the stage. It really is an actual barn in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Yes, it's a campsite bar, which is why they had to state "ADULT SHOW", to protect children from misunderstanding what comedy is.

They can all get drunk afterwards, then 'accidentally' stumble into the wrong tent that happens to be occupied by a 15 year old girl. They don't know what a woman is.

boki

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 24, 2023, 11:27:54 AMIt's not some town venue that has strewn a few hay bales about the stage. It really is an actual barn in the middle of fucking nowhere.
This audience is small, the ones in town are far away.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on November 24, 2023, 12:00:36 PMYes, it's a campsite bar, which is why they had to state "ADULT SHOW", to protect children from misunderstanding what comedy is.

They can all get drunk afterwards, then 'accidentally' stumble into the wrong tent that happens to be occupied by a 15 year old girl. They don't know what a woman is.

He'll be warned to keep away from the threshers. Nothing new then.

JaDanketies

listened to a Junior Booker set and his closing joke was about how he should buy a child ticket for the train, and then tell the staff that he identifies as a 15-year-old. Just crazy how he subverted my expectations like that, I guess that's what comedy is all about eh

Kankurette

Ah, the old 'attack helicopter' joke. Never gets old, that one.

Off topic, but thanks to Elfking's presence in this thread it made me think of Mr Peanutbutter talking about how his mum went to live on a nice farm, with no means of communication, when she got old and sick.

Z-Model Ford

Quote from: Kankurette on November 24, 2023, 11:04:13 AMThe friend I mentioned is autistic. Like me, he hyperfixates on things. He used to be a hardcore conspiracy theorist. 'The McCanns killed Madeleine' and that kind of thing.

As a resident of the spectrum myself I'm really in no position to take the piss, but one of the things that always amuses me about the 'Her parents did it!' conspiracies is that you are almost certain, at some point, to encounter some variation on the line '...and then all they had to do was dispose of the body.'

Yes. All they had to do was dispose of the body. In a packed holiday resort. In a foreign country. In such a way that it has never been found. Definitely playing the game of child murder on easy mode there.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 24, 2023, 12:27:20 PMlistened to a Junior Booker set and his closing joke was about how he should buy a child ticket for the train, and then tell the staff that he identifies as a 15-year-old. Just crazy how he subverted my expectations like that, I guess that's what comedy is all about eh

Aw, come on. One sign of a true comic great is being able to set up a callback:

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on November 24, 2023, 12:00:36 PMThey can all get drunk afterwards, then 'accidentally' stumble into the wrong tent that happens to be occupied by a 15 year old girl.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Kankurette on November 24, 2023, 12:41:52 PMOff topic, but thanks to Elfking's presence in this thread it made me think of Mr Peanutbutter talking about how his mum went to live on a nice farm, with no means of communication, when she got old and sick.

My favourite use of that trope is when Tony Soprano reminisces that his dawg, Tippy, went to live on a farm. That naivety is just funny coming from a man who is well aware that "gone into witness protection" is the equivalent euphemism for humans.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 24, 2023, 12:27:20 PMlistened to a Junior Booker set and his closing joke was about how he should buy a child ticket for the train, and then tell the staff that he identifies as a 15-year-old. Just crazy how he subverted my expectations like that, I guess that's what comedy is all about eh

'Buying a child ticket for the train' is so piss poor. I bet it wasn't the original scenario he came up with.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Kankurette on November 24, 2023, 12:41:52 PMAh, the old 'attack helicopter' joke. Never gets old, that one.Off topic, but thanks to Elfking's presence in this thread it made me think of Mr Peanutbutter talking about how his mum went to live on a nice farm, with no means of communication, when she got old and sick.
"The person I really feel bad for is my dad. All alone on that farm - oh my god MY DAD IS DEAD"

Fru

In fairness, that is very, very funny. And clever too, I love it when a joke is clever as well as funny.

kalowski

Kankurette

Does Linehan have any connections to Keith Woods at all?

Beloved of Jo

I thought you were kidding until I saw the street view. Must be getting driven underground with all that naughty cancelled comedy. Half expecting Graham's driver to start lamping for rabbits on the way there.

Who the hell are the audience planning on "networking" with at a comedy show? The BNP?

Shaxberd

idunnosomename

i think the actual venue is the steel shed to the right. looks like it'll be fucking freezing this time of year.

it's basically an ad-hoc hub for a small caravan park I think.

the better barns stage of your life.

Ferris

Mr Banlon

I think I missed this episode of Grand Designs:

They went over their £70 budget by £1.73

Kankurette

Fuck me, you people weren't kidding about it being an actual shed. How Partridge is playing in a shed on a scale of 1-10?

idunnosomename

eh not sure what building it's in but this is what it looks like inside

hullo! it's me, famous cancelled man Graham Linehan! *rests microphone on gut* so, about those paedophiles

Mx Wrongs

On the day

ETA: the venue is Joey's Bar, part of the campsite.

Tags: