Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TERF Crowd: The Terrifying Transphobia of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, October 15, 2023, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Elfking

"On gender he's thoughtful and empathetic" might be the biggest lie ever told.

Ferris

Posting just after midnight? Probably a temp ban then and he's big in the back time.

Staying up past midnight to post the minute it expired more or less confirms he's not reformed though, and is going to carry on as normal. Well, normal for him anyway.

TommyTurnips

He'll be judging the vegetable competition by day followed by some light hearted comedy about pedophiles, toilets and sports by night. Come morning it'll be time to put Glinner out to pasture.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: TommyTurnips on November 25, 2023, 01:57:39 AMHe'll be judging the vegetable competition by day followed by some light hearted comedy about pedophiles, toilets and sports by night. Come morning it'll be time to put Glinner out to pasture.

FIRE! FIRE! THE HEALTHY BREAST TISSUE'S ON FIRE!

Kankurette

So how's he enjoying Dublin being on fire? I assume he's not saying much cos his mates are the ones terrorising refugees and setting buses on fire.

Sonny_Jim

He's off liking things again, but no tweets.  Very odd.

dontpaintyourteeth

He can't type because he, I dunno, burned his hands on carbonara or something. Yes, that'll do.

Beloved of Jo

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 24, 2023, 11:59:36 PMeh not sure what building it's in but this is what it looks like inside

That looks very much like a shed that has had the walls and ceiling lined, the kind of thing my Dad used to do. I wonder if the electricals are just as DIY.
At least there's a fire exit, I guess.

Anyway, I thought he'd decided he was too shit to continue standup. Book not selling as well as projected?

Sonny_Jim

Well he's done his first post in a week, but it's just him advertising his book.

Laaaaame.  Come on Glinsy, go call an ice cream van captured or something.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 25, 2023, 06:51:19 AMWell he's done his first post in a week, but it's just him advertising his book.

Laaaaame.  Come on Glinsy, go call an ice cream van captured or something.

Perhaps he's actually had an epiphany. To only use Twitter to post adverts, which is how a responsible person in the public eye should use it. Maybe he had a hard look at himself and said, "What am I doing?"

Or maybe naaaaaaaaah!

Barry Admin

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 25, 2023, 12:39:01 AMBack in the game

If he did actually stop manically tweeting for a whole week, just to try and get his shadowban lifted so he could do this book promotion, well, I don't think it worked. Lol.

Greyhound

womp womp

(psst, graham, elon told me that if you stop posting for a month your shadowban will be lifted!)

Sonny_Jim

I heard it was a year, please tell him Sian it's for a year.

Have we had 'Sandi Toksvig is paid money by a Google employee to push the trans agenda' yet?

Quote from: Glinner the Shadowban evaderWhat Toksvig forgets to mention is that she has a financial motive for pretending she doesn't understand why women and girls need single sex spaces, or fair sports, or freedom of speech; her WEP party receives funding from a straight male Google employee with a 'trans child', as revealed in our 2020 piece.

Proper fag-in-hand, gesticulating wildly in front of a cork board with pictures on it connected by red string territory.

Yeah because unless you agree with me on this one single issue then we can't be friends.  Oh hello Actual Nazis, you agree with me about this?  Sweet let's be best buds.

EDIT:  Bonus round

Graham has posted 11 articles on his blog in the last 6 months, mostly just screencaps of twitter arguments and usually less than 100 words each time.  JL has written over 50 full length articles and does so on an almost daily basis.  With all that in mind:

Kankurette

I'd say being pro-choice is essential for a feminist but TERFs disagree on that one.

Elfking

QuoteWhat Toksvig forgets to mention is that she has a financial motive for pretending she doesn't understand why women and girls need single sex spaces, or fair sports, or freedom of speech; her WEP party receives funding from a straight male Google employee with a 'trans child', as revealed in our 2020 piece.

Imagine if Glinner looked at where the funding for his pals came from.

Shock as man with trans child wats to fund people who don't want his child to be marginalised!

Sonny_Jim

That is the funniest part, his inability to transform his bigotry into cash.  All his right wing mates like KJK flying first class to demonstrations and TV appeareances around the word, he's stuck with Too Toxic for TalkTV, a book that's flopped and gigs in barns in the middle of fucking nowhere

dissolute ocelot

Who among us hasn't dreamed of having their own comedy club in a barn, shed, garage, or Wendy house? Admittedly most of us probably planned dream line ups of actual comedians. And it's no match for what Bart Simpson did in his treehouse. But the dream is there, if not yet the execution.

Moj

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 25, 2023, 10:10:11 AMThat is the funniest part, his inability to transform his bigotry into cash.  All his right wing mates like KJK flying first class to demonstrations and TV appeareances around the word, he's stuck with Too Toxic for TalkTV, a book that's flopped and gigs in barns in the middle of fucking nowhere
And a twitter account flagged for sensitive content, almost certainly because of all those topless teenagers he keeps posting pictures of.

idunnosomename

It cannot be overstated how incredibly fucking weird it is for him to frame his book promotion as a progressive funding drive.

It will not help his reputation among certain TERFs that hes a privileged self-interested grifter whos happy to elbow women out of the way to moan about himself

jobotic

They have drawn the sides as TRAs v Women and he is clearly of the view that it's TRAs v Linehan.

Soon to be Everyone v Linehan.

RicoMNKN

"a Google employee"

Good luck getting your glincels to pester the top brass at that company, Graham.

Milo

Bleating that substack is his only source of income. What is it with these people that the idea of GETTING A FUCKING JOB is completely unthinkable?

Shaxberd

At this stage, who would employ him? Linehan has a years-long gap in his CV, most of his work history is in the entertainment industry, and there's no way he would be able to avoid tweeting at work or being obnoxious to colleagues. And you know he'd rant on about the Forstater case and threaten to sue the moment anyone felt uncomfortable working with him.

Anyway, he can afford to live in London, travel around to protests and not do a 9-5 job, so I don't think he's broke, he's just annoyed that he can't continue to live the lifestyle of a wildly successful comedy writer.

Beloved of Jo

Quote from: GaryWhat Toksvig forgets to mention is that she has a financial motive for pretending she doesn't understand why women and girls need single sex spaces, or fair sports, or freedom of speech; her WEP party receives funding from a straight male Google employee with a 'trans child', as revealed in our 2020 piece.

Poor Graham, missed out on mocking dead people like an absolute ghoul, all for a shadowban theory that didn't even work.

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 24, 2023, 11:59:36 PMeh not sure what building it's in but this is what it looks like inside

hullo! it's me, famous cancelled man Graham Linehan! *rests microphone on gut* so, about those paedophiles

Alright, the last pig is in the chuckling chute, and we're now the Laugh Factory!

sheddyian

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 24, 2023, 11:16:02 PMi think the actual venue is the steel shed to the right. looks like it'll be fucking freezing this time of year.

it's basically an ad-hoc hub for a small caravan park I think.

the better barns stage of your life.

"Graham, yeah hi, Ralph Filthy here. Listen, Funland is coming to Craggy Island next month, and I've got you a spot in their comedy barn. Bring your own PA system or a megaphone, the cows can be quite noisy around milking time"

Jack Shaftoe

'Doing well, yeah, cheers, had a book out, not many people bought it and now I'm shouting in barns'

DreadedScotsman

Christ he's fucking boring isn't he, even if he wasn't obsessively raging at a minority he'd he just as insufferably boring about something else. I honestly hoped he was away getting his dick wet with some terf groupie because at least that would be something new but it's all just the same shit different day.

This is not a criticism of this thread which I think is important because his obsession is bullying a minority and being able to shine a light on his bigotry to show someone who might be wavering around the GC fringe is useful but his shtick is just the same stuff repackaged slightly different format, day in day out same phrases, same half truths, same entirely made up things to be angry at.