Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 15, 2024, 12:08:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Matthew Perry - Could I BE any more drowned at the age of 54?

Started by Rizla, October 29, 2023, 01:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizla


Mobius





Brundle-Fly

The One About This place getting into proper DSMO cuntitude.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

QuoteWe're told Matthew came home sometime in the AM after a 2-hour round of pickleball

First it was cornhole, now it's pickleball. America needs to ban these deadly sports.

neveragain

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on October 29, 2023, 01:24:06 AMThe One About This place getting into proper DSMO cuntitude.

Dunno what DSMO stands for but I agree, the tone of these threads is often quite cunty.

Terry Torpid

Interesting that they don't suspect drugs, considering his history of substance abuse. Rumours of cardiac arrest.

Can doing lots of drugs give you a heart attack years after you've kicked them? A heart attack in the jacuzzi, then drowning, fucking hell.

damien



This stuck in my mind from years ago;

DAVID CRANE: We brought everybody in. We were so sure that Chandler would be the easiest part to cast. It's got the most joke jokes. It's sarcastic and kind of quippy, but no one could do it. No one.

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/05/friends-oral-history-top-of-the-rock

dontpaintyourteeth

My prophecy of the friends cast dying in order of least annoying to most continues to be fulfilled

Schwimmer sleeps soundly tonight

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Terry Torpid on October 29, 2023, 01:34:16 AMInteresting that they don't suspect drugs, considering his history of substance abuse. Rumours of cardiac arrest.

Can doing lots of drugs give you a heart attack years after you've kicked them? A heart attack in the jacuzzi, then drowning, fucking hell.

A friend of mine died of a heart attack last year. He was bang on the coke for about 15 years. He was two years clean when he dropped dead. It's not like a heart can fix itself like a liver can. The damage was done.

Ambient Sheep

Seems to definitely be true (I was wondering, given that there's nothing on the BBC yet) as the Guardian's now carrying it:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/oct/29/matthew-perry-death-friends-actor

as is Sky News:

https://news.sky.com/story/friends-star-matthew-perry-dies-of-apparent-drowning-at-54-12995478

Quote from: Sky NewsIn [his memoir], he added to revelations about his battle with addiction, including a near-death experience in 2019 after his colon burst as a result of his use of opioids.

Oooh, nasty. :-(

Rizla

Given the history he and his friends had of irresponsible cavorting in water features, it's only surprising something like this didn't occur sooner.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Rizla on October 29, 2023, 02:45:59 AMGiven the history he and his friends had of irresponsible cavorting in water features, it's only surprising something like this didn't occur sooner.

Yeah, making a fountain out of a <insert amusing water based rhyme of mole hill>

Mobius

Quote from: Rizla on October 29, 2023, 02:45:59 AMGiven the history he and his friends had of irresponsible cavorting in water features, it's only surprising something like this didn't occur sooner.

This made me laugh and then I shouted it out to my partner (I'm in the bath) and she laughed too

Urinal Cake

The sad, fat ones should stop attending reunions. The sad, fat one from S Club 7 also died after having a reunion.

Mister Six


Mobius

He posted a picture in his hot tub the other day and it looks like a swimming pool

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Urinal Cake on October 29, 2023, 03:46:02 AMThe sad, fat ones should stop attending reunions. The sad, fat one from S Club 7 also died after having a reunion.

What's going on with the Pope Ted musical?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'll be there for you
When the grave starts to call

Your lifelines DOA

Etc.

Butchers Blind

Being boiled alive in your own gigantic hot tub is no way to go.

checkoutgirl

Matthew was the first
Of the Friends with a gun in his hand
The first to get high
The first of the Friends to die
Oh my

Small Man Big Horse

Aw, this is very sad news. As I've mentioned too many times when I saw him in Mamet's Sexual Perversity In Chicago he wasn't very good, shouting the words and lacking subtlety, but his candour about his drug and alcohol use seems to suggest they were be to blame.

When I watched the show Chandler was always the one I identified with, I hope I've moved on a bit since then and don't need to be "The one who always makes jokes, even if some are shit" anymore.

RIP Matthew.

Twilkes

I've probably posted this before but these young bucks are amazingly watchable going through hundreds of promo spots:


First Screech, now Chandler - I worry for Xander Harris. :-(

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 29, 2023, 06:15:15 AMAw, this is very sad news. As I've mentioned too many times when I saw him in Mamet's Sexual Perversity In Chicago he wasn't very good, shouting the words and lacking subtlety, but his candour about his drug and alcohol use seems to suggest they were be to blame.

When I watched the show Chandler was always the one I identified with, I hope I've moved on a bit since then and don't need to be "The one who always makes jokes, even if some are shit" anymore.

RIP Matthew.

Guess he got at least some reasonable post-Friends work with that Odd Couple reboot, the way he was with his addictions this could easily have happened a lot earlier.  Poor guy.

Anyway, Chnandler Bong



George White

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 29, 2023, 04:47:33 AMBeing boiled alive in your own gigantic hot tub is no way to go.
It feels like the opening to a Theatre of Blood-style film where the cast of Friends are bumped one by one by the vengeful ghost of Angela Lansbury for killing off Murder, She Wrote, or summat.
It just feels too grotesque for this world.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Mr Banlon on October 29, 2023, 02:02:54 AMA friend of mine died of a heart attack last year. He was bang on the coke for about 15 years. He was two years clean when he dropped dead. It's not like a heart can fix itself like a liver can. The damage was done.

Happened to the beloved pro wrestler Eddie Guerrero as well.

Tags: