Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,655,438
  • Total Topics: 107,925
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 05:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrities who have kept a clean sheet

Started by curiousoranges, November 10, 2023, 02:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiousoranges

The David Attenborough thread made me realise that he's one one of the few public figures nobody can really knock. There's a pretty select list of celebrities with no detractors. I can't think of many more. Can yooouuuu?

Fambo Number Mive

Paul O'Grady. Lovely man who did so much good in the world. GBOL politically, one of the few celebrities who seemed to truly despise the Tories rather than the performative disapproval that a lot of celebs seem to have.

I am biased, but I don't recall any criticism of him.

ollyboro

David Jensen. Married for 40 odd years, kept a clean nose despite working at the Beeb during its golden noncing period, got a disease which he's been so ruddy bloody brave about. One can only imagine Savile's disappointment at meeting Kid Jensen for the first time. At the very least he probably had visions of moving into goat fucking.

Blue Jam

George White

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 10, 2023, 02:35:28 PMPaul O'Grady. Lovely man who did so much good in the world. GBOL politically, one of the few celebrities who seemed to truly despise the Tories rather than the performative disapproval that a lot of celebs seem to have.

Was such a mensch that he, as anti Tory as anyone could be, managed to be friends with hardline Tory Cilla, and yet deliberately never worked with her because he knew he'd see her bad side.

studpuppet

Quote from: curiousoranges on November 10, 2023, 02:33:16 PMDavid Attenborough

I think at 97 years old, you can pretty much guarantee he's had the odd 'accident' in bed that demands a boil wash.

Julio Iglesias, Albert Camus, David Icke and Pope John Paul II have probably all kept the odd clean sheet in their time.

Glebe

DelurkedToHelp

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 10, 2023, 02:35:28 PMPaul O'Grady. Lovely man who did so much good in the world. GBOL politically, one of the few celebrities who seemed to truly despise the Tories rather than the performative disapproval that a lot of celebs seem to have.

His arse-licking of the Royal Family always jarred with his anti-Tory stuff. The Royals are the ultimate Tories/toffs.

He also gave exclusive interviews for The Sun, which is interesting for an anti-Tory so associated with Liverpool. In one of those in 2021, he went a bit "PC gone mad!"

QuoteHe said: "People say to me, 'Would you do Lily again?' And I say, 'Good God no, I wouldn't last five minutes'.

"It's just the things that she comes out with. It's a different time now.

"They probably wouldn't like the inference that she was a lady of the night — she'd have to say she was a sex worker or just, 'Worked in hospitality'.

"It's censorship, basically. It's bullying. But you're anonymous. You're a picture and you've got your profile or whatever and you're anonymous."

QuoteWhich is why he is so excited about launching his first Saturday night show tonight, which sees him get to know his guests a little more.

However, it sometimes gets so saucy the woke brigade would probably have a meltdown.

Paul said: "We did the pilot, and I just thought, 'This is too raucous for words'. It was great fun but I thought, 'Not in this day and age!'.

Senior Baiano

Quote from: ollyboro on November 10, 2023, 02:42:29 PMDavid Jensen. Married for 40 odd years, kept a clean nose despite working at the Beeb during its golden noncing period, got a disease which he's been so ruddy bloody brave about. One can only imagine Savile's disappointment at meeting Kid Jensen for the first time. At the very least he probably had visions of moving into goat fucking.

Ironic nickname really

Mr_Simnock

Depends what you term as a celebrity, don't think anyone has had a bad word about liz bonnin for e.g.

touchingcloth

Quote from: curiousoranges on November 10, 2023, 02:33:16 PMThe David Attenborough thread made me realise that he's one one of the few public figures nobody can really knock. There's a pretty select list of celebrities with no detractors. I can't think of many more. Can yooouuuu?

My partner used to work for the BBC in Bristol, so knew lots of people from the NHU. From what those people said, what he seems like on telly is what he's actually like in person - just completely, unimpeachably lovely.

Shaxberd

Never heard a bad thing said about Patrick Stewart. Phenomenal actor, campaigner against domestic violence, LGBT ally, loves dogs, etcetera.

If he is a cunt in real life please don't tell me, I'm not generally inclined to hero-worship but I genuinely admire how open and at ease with himself he seems to be.

bgmnts

There's that grim moment of pissed up Stewart being one of the few human beings on earth to make James Corden come out looking better than them, especially with the old fat shaming.

But it IS James Corden to be fair.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shaxberd on November 10, 2023, 03:08:33 PMNever heard a bad thing said about Patrick Stewart. Phenomenal actor, campaigner against domestic violence, LGBT ally, loves dogs, etcetera.

If he is a cunt in real life please don't tell me, I'm not generally inclined to hero-worship but I genuinely admire how open and at ease with himself he seems to be.

He's not a proper wrong 'un but has had a few affairs over the years and is estranged from his (adult) children because of it.

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/sir-patrick-stewart-admits-grieves-31352387

El Unicornio, mang

Keanu Reeves, if you can ignore some of his movie performances

Edit: Totally bogus!

Video Game Fan 2000

Jonny Marr
Timmy Mallett
Tony Hart
Peter Sallis
Chris Morris

BJBMK2

George White

Sallis I heard became estranged from his son, similar to Stewart.

Video Game Fan 2000

Fat Bob from the Cure

was Ronnie Barker a nob or just a tory fuck with nonce genes. the way he retired always made me assume he was a good guy at heart

Video Game Fan 2000

Junji Ito
Hideo Kojima

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 10, 2023, 03:15:16 PMHe's not a proper wrong 'un but has had a few affairs over the years and is estranged from his (adult) children because of it.

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/sir-patrick-stewart-admits-grieves-31352387

either they've mislabelled that picture of his wife as his daughter, or he married a woman who looks exactly like his daughter down to a mole placement

if that's the case shouldn't have "made it so" and should probably "boldy go" have a think about what he's done

touchingcloth

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on November 10, 2023, 03:18:35 PMTimmy Mallett

He treaded dogshit on Tommy Boyd's carpet when he went to his house once.

Tags: