Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:58:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinna sadda defeata: 13 going on TERFy: How do you 13eat 13eaver 13other

Started by madhair60, November 03, 2021, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

"Hello I'm the proudly male Graham Linehan (yes, that one! No, seriously!) and I'd like to offer YOU the opportunity to protect women by sending ME money in exchange for some cheaply made, borderline incomprehensible tat. And no, to answer your next question, I DON'T see anything wrong that!"

Laziest grift yet. Very glad it's been taken down so quick.

JamesTC

Looking at Twitter, it does seem like the tide amongst many TERFs is turning rapidly against Glinner. The more he monetises his hate, the worse that is going to get.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: JamesTC on December 10, 2021, 01:08:19 PMLooking at Twitter, it does seem like the tide amongst many TERFs is turning rapidly against Glinner. The more he monetises his hate, the worse that is going to get.

British people don't really have the same tolerance for monetized hate as the Americans do.

Also, boy, this Arty stuff really snowballed, all these people i've seen on Glinner's Twitter now calling for him to "be expelled".

Artorium Expelliamus!

After a period of reflection and contemplation, he's prepared to offer 12%.

Barry Admin

Quote from: YouCantWriteTearsJimmy on December 10, 2021, 01:13:05 PMAlso, boy, this Arty stuff really snowballed, all these people i've seen on Glinner's Twitter now calling for him to "be expelled".

The comments on his latest Alone With My Mess video are pretty disparaging too

I have to say, if I was a cunt who had gone bananas, I'd be putting together a blog right now about how ungrateful they are and should respect the King Of Women.

Until this is over, then we can all go separate ways.

Sonny_Jim

Found this comment on Twitter defending Glinner:

QuoteHe is doing good work and personally I am sympathetic of him. He clearly has PTSD and is struggling. Also, he's not getting work at the moment because of his activism. I'm happy to support him, after all, he is supporting us.
Yeah, that's not PTSD.  Also, by 'supporting him' you are fucking enabling him.  Twat.

Not sure why I'm responding to a twitter comment on here.  I guess it means I get to say what I want to say without getting piled on by his minions

frajer

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on December 10, 2021, 01:21:02 PMUntil this is over, then we can all go separate ways.

(sotto voce) Not you Arty, you're the only one who gets me. Just say you've lost your coat or something until Helen leaves. Oh shit, here she comes. Hi Helen! Ready for the latest Mess?!

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on December 10, 2021, 01:24:51 PMFound this comment on Twitter defending Glinner:
Yeah, that's not PTSD.  Also, by 'supporting him' you are fucking enabling him.  Twat.

Not sure why I'm responding to a twitter comment on here.  I guess it means I get to say what I want to say without getting piled on by his minions

Yeah I saw that one, I was gonna say if you think we're bad for armchair psychology then they're on a whole other level, when someone asked them PTSD from what? They said they all have PTSD from the tras

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on December 10, 2021, 01:31:15 PMYeah I saw that one, I was gonna say if you think we're bad for armchair psychology
I read my comment after posting it and nearly edited the PTSD bit out, like you say it's armchair psychology. 

Because I am a certified Glinnerologist I've rediagnosed him as having a banana where he's brain should be.

RicoMNKN

Quote from: The Charitable MoleyI am donating 10% of all proceeds to a Women's charity. (As yet undecided, suggestions welcome in fact!)

So, until then the money is resting in his account.

Alberon

The usual approach for anyone who disputes His Holy Words is all out attack (unless they look like they could beat him up). A normal sane man would know that's not a good idea, but you know, 🍌, so who can say.

I expect something along the lines of a meltdown "Don't you realise what I've sacrificed for you!" sort of thing.

DrGreggles

JaDanketies

I definitely approve of how terf women say, "This is OUR movement! We don't need no stinkin' man in OUR movement! Men, your job is to sit down and applaud."

"We're going to be actively hostile towards the 49% of the population that holds 90% of the power" is definitely a winning tactic, keep it up terfs. You should consider ostracising other large demographics, too.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 10, 2021, 01:42:49 PMI definitely approve of how terf women say, "This is OUR movement! We don't need no stinkin' man in OUR movement! Men, your job is to sit down and applaud."

"We're going to be actively hostile towards the 49% of the population that holds 90% of the power" is definitely a winning tactic, keep it up terfs. You should consider ostracising other large demographics, too.

I get their point but obviously they've taken it to the extreme, for me the way I see my allyship is that I should be promoting and amplyfying voices of the people who are directly affected rather than talking over them, which is what glinner does, but yeah unless their plan is to just swap over the power balance to be in favour of them over men rather than proper equality they'll need allies.

Just to add this isn't to try and tone police the people who are hurt by it, most of the time as a cis het white guy I should just be shutting up and listening.

wrec

Gusty OWindflap

So the bullies have become bullied by the very people they were bullying for? How ironic.

retsuza

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 10, 2021, 01:42:49 PMI definitely approve of how terf women say, "This is OUR movement! We don't need no stinkin' man in OUR movement! Men, your job is to sit down and applaud."

Cuellar

The Judicious Moley doesn't have the most egregious batshit designs that The Glinner Emporium offered i.e. the 'trans men are failed women' and 'big pharma is sterilising your kids' ones.

It's all just Terf Island and variations on the initials GC and TERF.

Although as someone pointed out earlier I'm amazed, given their policy on not hosting anything that discriminates based on gender identity, that they even allow the TERF shit given that it literally and explicitly excludes trans people.

Quote from: Better Midlands on December 10, 2021, 01:18:06 PM

The majority of our waking lives are dedicated to the women's movement bickering on Twitter & Mumsnet. 

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Cuellar on December 10, 2021, 02:08:26 PMThe Judicious Moley doesn't have the most egregious batshit designs that The Glinner Emporium offered i.e. the 'trans men are failed women' and 'big pharma is sterilising your kids' ones.

It's all just Terf Island and variations on the initials GC and TERF.

Although as someone pointed out earlier I'm amazed, given their policy on not hosting anything that discriminates based on gender identity, that they even allow the TERF shit given that it literally and explicitly excludes trans people.

I dunno, I'm no butch lesbian, but putting this on a mens t-shirt feels a bit grim

Cuellar

This insular madness - who the hell is Dennis Kavanagh?! Why would anyone outside of their twitter circles know or care what Dennis Kavanagh calls you.

Christ.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Steph H on December 10, 2021, 01:18:06 PMmen can just fuck off in general at this point. The fucking neck of him.

What is she talking about? He hasn't got a neck.