Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:43:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Francis Viper Higgins

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, November 04, 2018, 08:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Not the best time to be a bollard minding your own business on a mild September evening.

Yussef Dent

Sgt. Duckie

Yussef Dent

Hopefully he'll stick around for a bit, his Christmas content was always brilliant. "You thought you had it solved... you didn't!"

Yussef Dent

Been on for four hours but just started up an episode of Computer Chronicles.

Minami Minegishi

It's going to be a shmashing cristmas if we have the pleasure of Francis over the yuletide period.

Getting stoned, eating too much, and watching pointless, long-form streamed content is what this time is all about.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Yussef Dent on December 19, 2023, 10:09:00 PMBeen on for four hours but just started up an episode of Computer Chronicles.

Only caught the tail end of it, but the bit with Paul Schindler demonstrating the impressively-sturdy printable paper models then casually mentioning that you just had to "add wood" had me absolutely hooting in the bath.

copa

QuoteIt's going to be a shmashing cristmas if we have the pleasure of Francis over the yuletide period.

Getting stoned, eating too much, and watching pointless, long-form streamed content is what this time is all about.

Aye, definitely. Christmas is usually a good hunting season for Francis streams.
He went on a great riff last night about why watching Computer Chronicles is so comforting/cosy.

Yussef Dent

Quote from: copa on December 20, 2023, 02:22:51 PMAye, definitely. Christmas is usually a good hunting season for Francis streams.
He went on a great riff last night about why watching Computer Chronicles is so comforting/cosy.

I must have missed that as I got side-tracked, but when he was having his recent hiatus I found myself looking through a few Computer Chronicles episodes as bits of them turn up on retro gaming channels. I particularly enjoyed watching the ones around 1995 as it's when I got my first computer, but it was also the time technology was moving at a ridiculously rapid pace, plus the internet started to become more widespread which meant said computer was basically obsolete a year after my Mum and Dad purchased it, like absolutely sod all was compatible with it. But at that time I was just really fascinated in technology to a point that, despite actually doing a bit of tech blogging for work just over a decade ago, I've never really had since.

I had to laugh about Francis being concerned he's going to run out of episodes though, there were 428 made! I really do enjoy it when he covers those episodes, he actually manages to add something to watching it rather than it just being a straight-up reaction stream.

spaghetamine

appropriate time of year for this

"YOU MADE A MISTAKE AND NOW YOUR LIFE'S FUCKING RUINED!"

Yussef Dent

Yussef Dent

Still on after about four hours of streaming and about to do an episode of Computer Chronicles or Net Cafe.

Cold Meat Platter

Tommy Shlug is back in the air!

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on March 21, 2024, 02:29:59 PMTommy Shlug is back in the air!

I was crying at points today. Shlug back in his cockpit checking out businesses, industry and roundabouts.

Delighted.

Magnum Valentino

For anyone who watched was it ever explained (or is it obvious) why the stream was titled Moy Plane?

"Moy" is a soundalike translation of "an maith", which means "the plain" in Irish, but I've convinced myself that just have been a coincidence...right?

Minami Minegishi

Surely just a regional 'my'?

Magnum Valentino

And would that be a pun or something?

Sorry, to clarify, Moy is the next village over from me, I've not pulled that weird linguistic trivia from nowhere.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on March 21, 2024, 05:03:56 PMI was crying at points today. Shlug back in his cockpit checking out businesses, industry and roundabouts.

Delighted.

Joyous.

Francis is just about to start New Vegas.

Dr Marbles

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on March 21, 2024, 05:53:27 PMFor anyone who watched was it ever explained (or is it obvious) why the stream was titled Moy Plane?

"Moy" is a soundalike translation of "an maith", which means "the plain" in Irish, but I've convinced myself that just have been a coincidence...right?

He was flying over the River Moy in Mayo.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Dr Marbles on March 21, 2024, 11:34:54 PMHe was flying over the River Moy in Mayo.

Thanks! That was really starting to bug me!

Memorex MP3

Would it be better to go through the FAT32 streams in order or are there some standout episodes I should jump to first?

High energy Resident Evil 3 stream happening right now!

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on March 23, 2024, 12:00:51 PMWould it be better to go through the FAT32 streams in order or are there some standout episodes I should jump to first?

Start from the beginning I'd say, I feel most of the memorable moments were from the early ones but then when he gets on to Net Cafe things pick up again.

If you're missing the stream right now you're missing a classic.

Cold Meat Platter

Tom improvising songs over the cassettes you can collect in Shenmue

manifest

Tom's on fire. Epic crooning

Cold Meat Platter

Calistan

Some frantic pasta-making and pancaking right now.