Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:49:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

England has lost its mind

Started by Zetetic, August 15, 2020, 11:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mclargehuge

Well...if ever an example of England losing it's mind was here, today we recorded the highest number of deaths since March and we're rapidly approaching 50k cases a day.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/19/uk-records-highest-covid-deaths-since-march

And at the exact same time the petition to revoke ALL protections from Coronavirus hit 30k Signatures:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/592632

Twitters currently awash with antivaxxers claiming that renewing the act is akin to a doomsday scenario...GOD I wish I had the balls to emmigrate.

SpiderChrist

SpiderChrist Jnr's internet connection in her flat was iffy, so PlusNet sent out an engineer. Got a text from Jnr "omg the engineer is an anti-vaxxer".

I mean, how does that even become a conversation? "Hello, I'm from PlusNet to fix your WiFi and by the way my mate's Dad had the Covid vaccine and died so I'm not having it"

My advice to her? Complain to PlusNet and get the cunt sacked.

THEN I find out that my niece's boyfriend (who I've long suspected was an absolute walloper) has declared he's not getting vaccinated because he "had enough of people telling me what to do when I was in the army"

Fucking hell. Fucking fucking hell. I despair. One likes to believe in the innate goodness of mankind, everyone a product of their environment and all that, but some people are just... cunts.

mothman

QuoteOne likes to believe in the innate goodness of mankind, everyone a product of their environment and all that, but most people are just... cunts.

FTFY

bgmnts

My auntie in law, who i thought was the reasonable one to my uncle's utter gimp, has decided not to get my 17 and 15/16 year old cousins vaccinated due to not knowing the long term effects of the vaccine. Happy for her and husband to get it though. Just weird human shit. And what about the long term effects of getting a pure hit of covid and what that will entail later on in life?

It is so incredible how easily duped everyone is really by anyone with the lack of self awareness or shame to just spread whatever bollocks they want. You can definitely see why most humans have been subjected to some form of servitude over the past few thousand years. Dickheads.

Milo

17, 15 and 16. Not realistically going to be the parents decision at that stage. All it means is they won't give them a lift to the centre.

Zetetic

Quote from: Zetetic on October 12, 2021, 05:41:19 PMImagine if this happened, and then you didn't bother to implement any sort of semi-automated checks as to whether your labs were producing even vaguely plausible results.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/29/error-at-uk-covid-testing-lab-might-have-led-to-23-deaths-say-experts

Zetetic

Quote"It is our view that there was no single action that NHS Test and Trace could have taken differently to prevent this error arising in the private laboratory."
Grossly misleading. PHE/UKHSA should've detected the issue and redirected samples within one or two days, if not hours.