Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dad's gotta go to the next town for his first jab, Mum's got to go across the region for hers. Neither have booked a second dose (are you supposed to?) as they're hoping vaccination centres will open somewhere nearer in the intervening 12 weeks.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Quote on January 29, 2021, 12:44:35 PM
Neither have booked a second dose (are you supposed to?) as they're hoping vaccination centres will open somewhere nearer in the intervening 12 weeks.
When I checked in to get my first, they sorted out the date for the second there and then, put the date on a little card, which says what vaccine I had and the batch number, that I need to take with me when I go back.

Didn't feel too bad from it - bit of a thick head the day after, but nothing severe. My Uncle felt a lot worse, but he's both older (73) and has a heart condition.

Wilbur

Was told to turn up for mine this week by one of the companies I do work for (local mental health) which was totally out of the blue and massively unexpected. Local hospital, all very efficient and got a sticker for being a "brave boy" and a little card with batch number and vaccine type (Pfizer). Has appeared on my NHS app within two days as well so top marks  to the NHS. Presumably means I'll be able to consider doing site visits again sooner than I was anticipating.....

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Quote on January 29, 2021, 12:44:35 PM
Dad's gotta go to the next town for his first jab, Mum's got to go across the region for hers. Neither have booked a second dose (are you supposed to?) as they're hoping vaccination centres will open somewhere nearer in the intervening 12 weeks.

My wife (NHS patient contact) had her first a couple of days after Christmas and was just told the second one would be within 28 days and wasn't give a date. Obviously it'll be a longer wait now - she still hasn't been told the date. (This is Wales, might be different in other Health Boards.)

timebug

Got the letter yesterday and booked both. One is next Monday (Feb 1st) and the second one is in  April. Local-ish,about a twenty minute walk away, so not too bad under the circs!

mobias

Interesting reading that piece in the Guardian about the WHO recommending that the UK and other first world countries should pause vaccinating their populations after the elderly and more vulnerable are vaccinated so that third world and developing countries can have some vaccine supplies diverted their way. Interesting moral dilemma  that one for this right wing tory government.

shiftwork2

That would be a dilemma for any government.  What has right wing got to do with it?

mobias

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 30, 2021, 07:52:49 PM
That would be a dilemma for any government.  What has right wing got to do with it?

They're far more likely to be innately selfish about it. I guess that could mean its actually less of a dilemma for them of course, they'll just be selfish about it. I can see it being an increasingly big issue though thats likely to polarise people.

olliebean

Quote from: mobias on January 30, 2021, 07:31:57 PM
Interesting reading that piece in the Guardian about the WHO recommending that the UK and other first world countries should pause vaccinating their populations after the elderly and more vulnerable are vaccinated so that third world and developing countries can have some vaccine supplies diverted their way. Interesting moral dilemma  that one for this right wing tory government.

The way we've got it set up, delaying the second dose in order to give more people the first, pretty much means we have to hold onto future supplies to fulfil that, which is a way to win the argument I suppose. (Supposedly this is the argument Johnson used to get the EU to backtrack on their NI shenanigans, although in reality I doubt their U-Turn had anything to do with anything Johnson said.)

George Oscar Bluth II

The UK govt's shitness at everything else is a trump card argument for why we need to vaccinate everyone. Other countries are capable of doing things like "not paying people to mix indoors" and stuff. We're too dumb, we must have the vaccines I'm afraid, it's the only way out.

olliebean

Someone posted in another forum that they'd had the vaccine (first dose) and it had been an hour's bus ride to get there (and presumably another hour to get back). TBH I reckon atm 2 hours on buses and one dose of vaccine would give me more chance of catching Covid than staying at home unvaccinated.

bgmnts

I hope that's not a criticism of Israel there...

shiftwork2

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on February 01, 2021, 01:47:10 PM

If your vaccinator is not bare below the elbows, is wearing a fucking wristwatch and is sporting a visor that appears completely open at the top then consider asking them who trained them and who procured their PPE.

I'm getting jabbed tomorrow. A ten-minute walk away. I qualify for the vulnerable category, so that's why I get ahead in the queue. Can't wait to feel those 5G nanobots pumping through my veins!

Bently Sheds

As frontline care workers, both Mrs Sheds & Sheds 2 had the Astrazeneca jab at the end of last week. Within 12 hours they both came down with COVID symptoms & had to take 2 days off work. Even now Mrs Sheds is feeling the after effects of having the jab, which is odd considering she had proper COVID over Christmas.
So much for immunity.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 01, 2021, 07:05:25 PM
If your vaccinator is not bare below the elbows, is wearing a fucking wristwatch and is sporting a visor that appears completely open at the top then consider asking them who trained them and who procured their PPE.

It's not me, it's OJ Simpson!

druss

Just had the AstraZeneca one and I swear my dick has stopped working.

olliebean

What did they decide the AstraZeneca effectiveness was, in the end? Because if it's 62%, that's not enough for herd immunity from the more transmissible variants, is it?

druss

Quote from: Bently Sheds on February 02, 2021, 08:45:13 AM
As frontline care workers, both Mrs Sheds & Sheds 2 had the Astrazeneca jab at the end of last week. Within 12 hours they both came down with COVID symptoms & had to take 2 days off work. Even now Mrs Sheds is feeling the after effects of having the jab, which is odd considering she had proper COVID over Christmas.
So much for immunity.
Yeah I felt rough as fuck yesterday after having the jab Friday, shivering, hot, headache, bones aching all over. Going for a piss was a mission that felt like running a marathon. Tripped my nut off during the night as well, some fella came in my room and in a gruff cockney accent said "NAH MATE YOU CAN'T KEEP FUCKING GOING ROUND AND ROUND THINKING NOTHING WILL HAPPEN", but then it turned out there was no one there. Monkey flu isn't nice.

Bit better today thankfully.

timebug

I had my first one last monday, felt fine all day, then in the evening got the shivers,felt freezing, ached all over, and felt nauseous. Slept reasonably well under the circs, overslept next morning,then after breakfast,fell asleep until midday! After some food, I started to feel a bit better, and have improved every day since.Back to normal now,ie,old age aches and pains, so situation normal!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Had the Pfizer one on Monday beacause of work. I pleaded with the nurse to use the other one, but she insisted that it is supposed to be injected into your non-dominant testicle.

Pranet

Pfizer jab today because of work.

Worst thing about it was that it meant going to Swindon. Swindon town centre and the bus station in particular can have a post apocalyptic feel at the best of times but in lockdown on a freezing day it is a real hellscape.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Bently Sheds on February 02, 2021, 08:45:13 AM
So much for immunity.

Anecdotally, people who've had covid do seem to have a worse reaction to the vaccine.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: Pranet on February 10, 2021, 04:33:08 PMWorst thing about it was that it meant going to Swindon. Swindon town centre and the bus station in particular can have a post apocalyptic feel at the best of times but in lockdown on a freezing day it is a real hellscape.

I bet you couldn't even cheer yourself up with a delicious wrap from Eggelicious. 

In all seriousness, I do worry about Swindon, they were struggling to fill their office spaces years ago I hate to think what will happen to the town now. 

Pranet

Yes, seemed to be a lot of placards on the sides of building advertising office space.

Dex Sawash

I'm eligible in 10 days due to being an "essential worker"

ZoyzaSorris

Just got a text from the government telling me I can get a jab for some reason, so looks like I'll be joining the brainwashed 6G army soon.

purlieu

Parents and girlfriend's parents have had their first jabs, which is a relief as between them they have a huge range of health conditions and are all on the ageing side.
Girlfriend is stuck here and her parents have moved since last lockdown (idiots) which means she's not currently registered with a GP... she has M.E. which affects the immune system, so she was hoping to get it sooner rather than later, so it's not really an ideal situation there.
Overall it's really feeling like the light at the end of the tunnel is actually a light, though, rather than a massive glow-in-the-dark train made of Covid.