Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:50:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

No vaccine passports in England

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 12, 2021, 11:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

A u turn on what the vaccines minister said.

I'm not sure how I feel about vaccine passports really, given fully vaccinated people can still catch and spread covid (although fully vaccinated people are much less likely to catch it) would they have given a false sense of security to clubbers? On the other hand they might have encouraged more people to get jabbed.

I suppose if they were brought in people would have figured out a way to fake then and youd need to have an exemption for the tiny number of people who cant have the vaccine for medical reasons.

To be honest I dont think going to a club is safe with or without vaccine passports.

I do think that certain professions e.g. nursing, social care should require all staff to be vaccinated unless there is a medical reason they cannot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58535258

Dusty Substance

Probably for the best. The introduction of vaccine passports wouldn't have ended well.

imitationleather

When I went to a club a month or so back they didn't check anything on the way in, but my girlfriend went to a different place a couple of weeks later and if you didn't have a test result they made you do one on the door and you had to hang around outside for the result. Seems like the rules are being pretty inconsistently applied.

steveh

And today...

QuoteDowning Street has insisted that vaccine passports are still a "first-line defence" against a winter wave of Covid-19 after the health secretary said plans to introduce them had been scrapped.

No 10 said checks on the vaccine status of people going to nightclubs and other crowded events remained a crucial part of the government's winter Covid plan due to be unveiled by the prime minister tomorrow.

They will no longer be introduced automatically at the end of this month, however, after pressure from Tory MPs and the hospitality sector.

So who knows what all that means now.

Fambo Number Mive

So are they only going to introduce them as an alternative to closing nightclubs if/when restrictions need to be brought in again?

Johnson is going to announce the covid winter plan tomorrow but it doesn't feel like the government are even pretending to have a plan. I also can't believe they are that bothered about what Tory MPs think given the size of their majority and how they treated Tory MPs who wanted a soft Brexit. I think none of Johnson's crew wanted to introduce vaccine passports unless they really felt they had no option. 

Pinball

Vaccine passports are irrelevant. If you go to a nightclub, assume you'll catch Covid. Simples.

Double vaccinated have 40% transmission, so the assumption of dumb ass vaccinated crowds that they are safe now is incorrect. Anything you need a vaccine passport for is probably something you shouldn't be doing unless essential.