Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why are the anti-vaxx/anti-mask/covid deniers still so furious?

Started by George Oscar Bluth II, September 28, 2021, 09:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Stickers. Fucking stickers. It's like they're 6 fucking years old.

olliebean

Quote from: Kankurette on September 29, 2021, 01:12:42 AM
Why would you assume they ARE?

I wouldn't assume celebrities are intrinsically any more or less likely to suffer from mental illness than anyone else.

Kankurette

Oh sure, they're only human. I just don't think everyone involved in the antivaxx movement is mentally ill.

Icehaven, White Rose calling people 'Karen' is ironic considering the 'Karen' types are the ones who throw a shitfit about being asked to wear a mask.

gilbertharding

MojoJojo

Quote from: icehaven on September 28, 2021, 08:58:51 PM
It'll be interesting to see what these fucking peons have to say for themselves in a few years when it remains apparent that everyone who's been vaccinated isn't under mind control or had their DNA altered or is part of some experiment or whatever their dipshit objections are. They'll still double down of course and say it just hasn't happened yet but at what point will they finally admit they were wrong? Yes I know it's never.

They won't say anything, like they don't say anything about the massacres Obama didn't do, the lack of a basement at that Pizza restaurant and recently the Arizona audit (there's still some back covering about the audit, but it looks like most are just ignoring it). It's in the physical world, not the online one so it can be ignored.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

The white rose sticker lot in Cambridge seem to be very bad at actually adhering their stickers to surfaces. Usually they're slightly coming away at the corners and you can just peel the whole thing off in one piece.

Ferris

I wonder this too. Why are these people apoplectic about a pandemic they no longer have to take precautions about if they don't want to?

It's the same in the US - nobody is forcing these anti mask/vax/hoax people to do anything (and actually the refusal to put forward a general vaccine mandate is because as a demographic they are being massively pandered to) and yet these people are all still absolutely furious.

It boggles the mind - why do law-makers bother meeting them halfway (or actually, all the way)? They won't get any less extreme or angry, but now other people will die as collateral damage.

George Oscar Bluth II

I don't think these people are mad, mostly. I think a lot of them are deeply upset at the way their lives were upended through no fault of their own. Not an accident a lot of the radicalised people are in jobs which were restricted under lockdown and couldn't be done remotely, performance stuff, beauty/hair treatments, personal training, nightclubs...

Now, you might think that these people might have had a revelation that maybe success or failure in this world isn't entirely down to your own effort and we should probably have more of a social safety net and turn their campaigning zeal to that, but no. They decide to encourage people to stop taking the precautions that might stop them dying. Really cool.

Quote from: Kankurette on September 29, 2021, 09:55:45 AMIcehaven, White Rose calling people 'Karen' is ironic considering the 'Karen' types are the ones who throw a shitfit about being asked to wear a mask.

Karen is really in the eye of the beholder.

Kankurette

They're a bunch of fucking entitled babies. 'My body, my choice' only applies to them, it seems.

Fambo Number Mive

Some people are getting rich off all the anti-vax bullshit:

QuoteA NETWORK OF health care providers pocketed millions of dollars selling hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, and online consultations, according to hacked data provided to The Intercept. The data show that vast sums of money are being extracted from people concerned about or suffering from Covid-19 but resistant to vaccinations or other recommendations of public health authorities.

America's Frontline Doctors, a right-wing group founded last year to promote pro-Trump doctors during the coronavirus pandemic, is working in tandem with a small network of health care companies to sow distrust in the Covid-19 vaccine, dupe tens of thousands of people into seeking ineffective treatments for the disease, and then sell consultations and millions of dollars' worth of those medications. The data indicate patients spent at least $15 million — and potentially much more — on consultations and medications combined...

https://theintercept.com/2021/09/28/covid-telehealth-hydroxychloroquine-ivermectin-hacked/

mothman

Cold Meat Platter

I suppose none of these people have ever taken any medication or had any injections of anything before. Not a sausage.
Why wouldn't they put the wee robots in your statins you gammunculus.

buttgammon

I wonder if anyone in the "but we don't know what's in it brigade" has ever taken drugs.

imitationleather

Quote from: buttgammon on September 30, 2021, 08:48:17 AM
I wonder if anyone in the "but we don't know what's in it brigade" has ever taken drugs.

As so many of them are in the rave scene: Definitely yes.

frajer

Quote from: imitationleather on September 30, 2021, 09:30:21 AM
As so many of them are in the rave scene: Definitely yes.

Maybe rebrand it as something that will let them "live life to the max" and "dance like you've got lungs in your body."

Kankurette

I saw someone post a comment along these lines the other day, about how some of the antivaxx people they knew regularly took molly and fuck knows what other dodgy drugs.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Ah, but those drugs wake people up to The Truth. That's why they're illegal.

Quote from: Kankurette on September 29, 2021, 09:55:45 AM
Oh sure, they're only human. I just don't think everyone involved in the antivaxx movement is mentally ill.
Nor do I, just to be clear. I was making a perhaps too broad generalisation, based my personal experience of conspiracy types. Whatever the true cause, it's the anger that comes first. Before Covid, they were ranting about chemtrails, redpill guff, etc. know one who was angrily warning everyone about some engineered virus a decade ago, but now says that Covid is a hoax.

bgmnts

Teens in the queue for Greggs not masking up.
I was amazed by the amount of healthy teenagers without any sort of confirmation who are exempt from wearing a mask.
I know most people younger than around 25 are genuinely self serving scum with no consideration for others and fair enough but imagine risking your health or the health of someone vulnerable for the sake of an anaemic steak bake frkm fucking GREGGS.

Cheers anti maskers for this nice one.

Full disclosure, i fucking hate wearing a mask as I struggle to breathe in it but 'kin 'ell.

buttgammon

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 30, 2021, 01:30:14 PM
Ah, but those drugs wake people up to The Truth. That's why they're illegal.

I was wondering what the stock answer to the hypocrisy would be and this is probably it.

El Unicornio, mang

I have a friend who has been posting anti-vaxx/anti-social distancing stuff every day since it all started and he has said that he's lost a lot of friends because of it. Apparently worth it, and he's gained some anti-vaxx "friends" (people on facebook who he'll never actually meet in real life). Tries to tie in every news story with his worldview

QuoteWaiting to hear about the number of petrol stations closing down. Everyday.
How many CASE'S has there been today.
Petrol pandemic
Think we better lockdown to be honest. Wear gloves. And social distance away from dodge petrol dealers.

QuoteTurkey Pandemic.
Going to be told how many deaths and how many people going without Christmas Dinner.
Wait the the amount of CASES to rise Expect no presents as there's no petrol. So no visiting relatives.
Social distancing to take place in restaurants.
Wearing gloves
Tier systems.

I guess it's hard for people, even if they know deep down, to admit they've been spouting shit for the past 6 months.

Ferris

My eccies and whizz are organic and locally sourced mate so what you reckon to that then.

buttgammon

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 30, 2021, 02:29:22 PM
My eccies and whizz are organic and locally sourced mate so what you reckon to that then.

They're organic drugs, not like all these nasty BIG PHARMA CH£MICAL$

Replies From View

Maybe they feel it robs them of their god-given right to see the faces of people they might fancy.

mothman

Might be worth asking that next time one of them complains about women wearing burqas. It'll get a rise out of them at least, and be a jolly good laugh.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Session Heads' latest video made this exact joke.

(holding rolled up €50 note and chopping board full of coke) "Fuckin' God knows what's in de fuckin' ting" (does huge line of coke)

[...] "You're fuckin' bleedin' boy."
"Ha?!"
"Jayo, your nose is bleedin' as well."

MisforMan

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 28, 2021, 06:26:18 PM
People don't like being reminded that they're being selfish cunts so they get angry at those who are reminding them.

I think there's definitely an element of that going on, even if the angry turds don't realise it.

Fambo Number Mive

I agree. Recently I saw a photo of anti-mask protestors in America, one holding a sign that said "Show us your smile". They not only don't want to wear a mask, they don't want anyone else to wear a mask either. They want everyone to pretend the pandemic is over so they feel better, and these are the same types that talk about people they disagree with being "snowflakes".

Kankurette

QDRPHNC

In Toronto they're going with "Hugs Over Masks", which doesn't scan or rhyme or anything, and just goes to prove that if you're an antivaxxer you're probably crap at everything else in life too.