Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:12:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

3rd dose query

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 01, 2021, 06:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I am helping someone who is eligible for a 3rd dose, but their doctors have not contacted them yet even though it has been over 6 months since their second dose.

Booster jabs are different from 3rd doses, aren't they? So you can't get third doses at a walk-in like you can with boosters?

I am confused by all this.

Uncle TechTip

Milo

Second dose is to establish maximal immunity, booster is to restore it after it fades. The last messaging I heard was to contact your GP if you're due for a booster but haven't been contacted. I'd do that as there's a bit of variation in the exact arrangements and they'll know where to direct you.

flotemysost

I know someone in a similar situation - not classed as vulnerable, key worker or within the eligible age bracket, but happened to get their initial jabs really early, just because their GP had spare doses and they were due to go into hospital (for non-covid reasons), but they've since moved and are now registered with another GP. Walk-in's probably a good shout.

Pranet

This here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-booster-vaccine/

Says: "If you have not received an invite but it's been 6 months and 1 week (190 days) since your 2nd dose, you can try to book your appointment online without an invite."

And then there is a link.

Also a link to a drop in finder as above.

So worth trying if the person you are helping is concerned.

NattyDread 2

The 3rd primary dose is indeed different to a booster. Anyone who is immuno-compromised should be eligible and you don't have to wait 6 months. You're supposed to be able to get it 8 weeks after a 2nd primary dose.

I think the person you're helping will need a letter from their consultant or g.p.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/third-primary-covid-19-vaccine-dose-for-people-who-are-immunosuppressed-jcvi-advice/joint-committee-on-vaccination-and-immunisation-jcvi-advice-on-third-primary-dose-vaccination

As it's over 6 months since their 2nd jag they would be able to just go to a walk-in for a booster instead, which might be an idea if they're concerned about waiting much longer.

Fambo Number Mive

Thanks. The person finds dealing with the GPs surgery challenging but I think that's her only option. As you say they could just go for a booster in the meantime.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Banano-compromised thrice boostle