Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnson appears maskless at a hospital

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 09, 2021, 10:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Thought it would be better to have its own thread rather than getting stuck in the cronyism thread.

Sky News has video of him maskless in the hospital talking to an interviewer and there are also photos of a maskless Johnson leaning over to (masked) nurses to "elbow bump" them.

Much of the media seems to be ignoring Johnson wandering round a hospital maskless. @NorthumbriaNHS's tweet was careful to only use pictures of Johnson in a mask.

It's handy for Johnson that this "long standing engagement" to walk round a hospital without a mask takes place at the same time as MPs debating how their conduct is investigated.

https://twitter.com/mikeclarke111/status/1457725323789979656/photo/1

Why did Johnson feel he was exempt from this guidance?

It might have been planned to distract from the corruption allegations but given Johnson could well have had asymptomatic covid and not known, and it will have made it harder for NHS staff to get members of the public to wear masks in a hospital, I think it's worth talking about.

Raab's gone on Sky News to defend him for not wearing a mask.

The trust claims Johnson "followed strict measures, including wearing a mask, in each clinical area he visited" even though there is footage of him maskless next to a clinical machine (NMR machine?) and the rules are to wear a mask if not exempt at all times in a hospital - its not like COVID only spreads in clinical areas

https://twitter.com/NorthumbriaNHS/status/1457736057684963330

NoSleep

Fambo Number Mive

Another picture of Johnson standing very close to clinical staff maskless

Not only has he put a lot of people at risk (as he could have had asymptomatic covid), he's made it more likely people will refuse to wear a mask in hospitals "If the Pm doesn't have to do it, why should I" the selfish ones will say.

It's revolting. Was he asked to put a mask on at the door and he refused? Or did they not ask as he was too important? Who knows how many people he might have infected. It's scary how many patients and staff could have been put at risk by this.

NoSleep

They're at risk from him wherever they're standing in the UK.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 09, 2021, 10:53:52 AM
Why did Johnson feel he was exempt from this guidance?

Because he's a massive cunting cunt-head.

Next!

Norton Canes

Just reposting this in the correct thread

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 09, 2021, 10:33:56 AM

Is this a stooge (the nurse, I mean). What would they have to bung a real nurse to do this? And how would you ever be able to walk into your job again having done it?

Fambo Number Mive

I suppose there are some nurses who vote Tory, didn't Esther McVey used to be a nurse? Or is that someone else?

Almost certainly doing this because he wants to promote that everything's absolutely back to normal so go out and have fun and spend, spend spend.

JohnnyCouncil

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 09, 2021, 12:15:34 PM
I suppose there are some nurses who vote Tory, didn't Esther McVey used to be a nurse? Or is that someone else?

I think it's probably just not wanting to cause a problem or cause a scene at work. I think if anyone was particularly keen on not meeting him they would have been moved out of the way. There is also the risk that they become 'anti-semite woke nurse' in the press if they do make a scene.

When the f** c*** visited my place of work a few years ago it was all stage managed by the senior team, nobodys going to embarrass the organisation as they'll likely be up against HR shortly after.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Look at the fucking state of him. Even without the mask. Can't brush his hair. No jacket on him. Shirtsleeves rolled up. He looks a holy show.

popcorn

Thread title sounds like a haunting episode

Fambo Number Mive

It's an almost cartoonish level of evil by Johnson and his staff. Even if he didn't have Covid when he visited the hospital, his behavior will mean that visitors are less likely to wear masks in hospitals, resulting in more covid spreading in hospitals and putting seriously ill people at risk.

I didn't think Johnson could sink any lower but I continue to be proved wrong. And Raab being wheeled out to give an unconvincing defence.

And yet 40% of the public still support the Tories.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 09, 2021, 01:57:52 PM
It's an almost cartoonish level of evil by Johnson and his staff. Even if he didn't have Covid when he visited the hospital, his behavior will mean that visitors are less likely to wear masks in hospitals, resulting in more covid spreading in hospitals and putting seriously ill people at risk.

I didn't think Johnson could sink any lower but I continue to be proved wrong. And Raab being wheeled out to give an unconvincing defence.

And yet 40% of the public still support the Tories.
He got Brexit done. That's all his base care about. He can do whatever the fuck he wants, because they think we might somehow rejoin the EU if we change leader. All he has to say is any challenger to his leadership wants to reverse Brexit whether they want to (they won't) or not. Every bit of hardship over the next few years will be blamed on the EU, and every bit of sleaze and corruption will be just brushed aside as unimportant compared to the 'greater good'.

jobotic

Quote from: JohnnyCouncil on November 09, 2021, 01:04:38 PM
I think it's probably just not wanting to cause a problem or cause a scene at work. I think if anyone was particularly keen on not meeting him they would have been moved out of the way. There is also the risk that they become 'anti-semite woke nurse' in the press if they do make a scene.

When the f** c*** visited my place of work a few years ago it was all stage managed by the senior team, nobodys going to embarrass the organisation as they'll likely be up against HR shortly after.

I heard about that nurse - apparently she won't treat Jews, non-trans women or Tory voters. They shouldn't be allowed in the profession. Privatise it and let Paul Dacre appoint them.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 09, 2021, 02:32:15 PM
He got Brexit done. That's all his base care about. He can do whatever the fuck he wants, because they think we might somehow rejoin the EU if we change leader. All he has to say is any challenger to his leadership wants to reverse Brexit whether they want to (they won't) or not. Every bit of hardship over the next few years will be blamed on the EU, and every bit of sleaze and corruption will be just brushed aside as unimportant compared to the 'greater good'.

Has anyone seen that Cold War Steve image where Johnson and I think Patel are running a food shop but all that is on sale is Union Jacks? That's what Johnson's base's attitude reminds me of - they don't care what life in the UK is like because he delivered Brexit. If toilets were outlawed and people had to poo out of their windows they'd be fine with that, writing nonsense like "We never had a toilet until 1962 and it meant we grew up with common sense and didn't buy avocado toast", as their precious Brexit was delivered.

mothman

And now they're forcing NHS staff to get vaccinated. Which I'm not sure I have a problem with frankly, because it's daft that care and nursing staff don't have all the immunity they can get. But I can't help wondering, what's the Government's angle here? They don't care about the staff. Or the public.

So what are they trying to achieve? Force more to leave and further destabilise the NHS, bringing it closer to privatisation? That's pretty much a given. Increase resentment of NHS staff, by making people think their dead loved ones might have been killed by negligent antivaxxer NHS staff? A bit more theoretical I admit, but they're playing the long game here and the first step will always have to be to make people fall out of love with the NHS...

poodlefaker

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 09, 2021, 01:24:31 PM
Look at the fucking state of him. Even without the mask. Can't brush his hair. No jacket on him. Shirtsleeves rolled up. He looks a holy show.

Fine pair of knockers on the lad though, fair play. No bra,the saucy minx.

Fambo Number Mive

Yes, clearly the act of putting ill people at risk of a disease gets his nipples erect.

I like how he has such contempt for the hospital he didn't even bother to demand one of his team* irons his shirt. Maybe he's got a massive piss stain on his trousers, dog dirt on his shoe.

*he'd never do it himself

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson at a train station on November 8th, not wearing a mask. Red box on the floor.

NoSleep

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 10, 2021, 01:11:56 PM
How do I make it smaller

[img width=500]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDrRxeHX0AcQwrM?format=jpg&name=4096x4096[/img]
          ^^^^^^^

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: NoSleep on November 10, 2021, 04:15:16 PM
[img width=500]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDrRxeHX0AcQwrM?format=jpg&name=4096x4096[/img]
          ^^^^^^^

Thank you!

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@campbellclaret
·
10h
Re Johnson visit to Hexham hospital, Trust sources making clear 1. Number 10 told in advance masks to be worn. 2. Johnson and team told same on arrival. 3. Johnson was wearing mask but removed it once meeting over and tour began. 4. Was asked to put it back on. 5. Ignored 1/3
@campbellclaret
·
10h
Trust complaining they were put in 'impossible situation.' Clear breach of rules and instruction but to say so a distracting row they felt. Real anger though not least at the arrogance, especially as they already felt being used as way of getting Johnson out of London/sleaze 2/3

Kankurette

Quote from: poodlefaker on November 09, 2021, 08:45:14 PM
Fine pair of knockers on the lad though, fair play. No bra,the saucy minx.
Pfft. Luke Shaw's are better.

Fambo Number Mive

@ksb79
· 23h
Thank you ⁦@BorisJohnson⁩. Another patient refusing to wear a mask in our waiting room. This time they got aggressive and it nearly became a physical altercation with one of our receptionists. "Boris doesn't wear a mask so why should I?" He said Man facepalming.

George Oscar Bluth II

Clearly done deliberately with the aim of setting off a mask culture war in the one area we probably all agree they should be worn, what a fucking monster.

Fambo Number Mive

Latest weasel words from the Trust:

Why would people in the room where Johnson did his interviews agree to him not wearing a mask, given that they were still in the hospital, and that Johnson can speak perfectly well while wearing a mask?

They also ignore that Johnson was seen in front of clinical machines without a mask  - why did he do his interviews in a clinical room if he wasnt going to wear a mask for the interviews?

Quote@campbellclaret
Hexham hospital source now angry at No 10 claiming their statement says he didn't break rules. They say it says no such thing. They said he wore it in clinical areas. He was told to wear it throughout and they were shocked he did not do so. Liars lying for a liar.

Also, all those people on twitter saying people should ignore it as it is not the real story - personally I think walking through a hospital without a mask when not exempt, going near to frontline medical staff inside a hospital without a mask when not exempt and trying to discourage mask wearing in hospitals is worse than the corruption stories. A lot of people could die as a result of Johnson trying to discourage others from wearing a mask inside hospitals

bgmnts

The mask keeps slipping as if the mask was ever on.

I sometimes feel like I'm in a They Live situation where everyone is seeing these horrid cunts not for the intensely evil bastards not giving a shit about anything and flaunting it cunts thst they are. It blows my mind.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 09, 2021, 01:24:31 PM

The shirt sleeves rolled up goes with the tucked in tie - it's primary care guidelines for stopping cross contamination. Which has applied to primary caregivers for the last 15 years or so, but has never applied to visitors, as far as I know. So it's a bit weird he follows the stuff he doesn't need to but ignores the stuff he is.

It's culture wars bullshit though - gets people talking about taht instead of standards committee stuff he's avoiding.

Blinder Data

People are overthinking this. Johnson didn't put on a mask because the thought that he should literally didn't enter his head. They probably told him to and he said "oh yeah, of course" and instead thought about how fit the nurses looked and then whoops forgot to put on my mask oh well doesn't matter does it? Hurr hurr hurr