Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:32:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Deanjam

Mobius

Not really. He's got a selfie gimmick, how over can he be.

Such a dumb ending. HEAT

up_the_hampipe

Very happy for Liv. That seems to be a sentiment across the majority of wrestling fans. It's nice to see the genesis of a natural babyface.

Deanjam

Got to share this photo of Eddie Kingston from Homicide's instagram.

Gurke and Hare

Ja'moke

Dynamite did its highest rating on ITV recently (for the Forbidden Door go-home show). Bring us that UK show, Tony!

Deanjam

That Authors of Pain promotion is the gift that keeps giving.

Gurke and Hare

The Daily Star's (yes, I know, but they're the only national paper that covers wrestling and they (well, he) doesn't a decent job) wrestling correspondent says they've sold 350 tickets.

Ja'moke

Ja'moke

oggyraiding

I saw some dude called Axiom is coming to NXT, his gimmick is he's a maths genius.

QuoteAxiom noted in his new vignette that he was a very bright child, but that got he and the other smart kids bullied, so he decided to do something about it, and he learned how to fight back. Axiom added that he knew it would take a lot to escape his environment, but he had a gift for mathematics and when he closed his eyes, he'd see numbers and equations, everything broken down to a formula. He also said he believes there is a solution to every problem, and while he's been told he's technically gifted in the ring, everything comes down to a solution, whether it's mathematics or physics. Axiom continued his promo and said when the body fails, the mind can push you to new heights. He then declared that he is Axiom, and the vignette ended.

It is very very stupid, but so much so it actually becomes clever.

letsgobrian

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 06, 2022, 10:02:52 PMWES has now cancelled its show and predictably put the blame on the talent: https://twitter.com/wesofficialtv/status/1544786365379973120

The only way the story gets better is if it's revealed that any of the talent was paid in NFTs.

petril

Quote from: oggyraiding on July 06, 2022, 10:50:09 PMI saw some dude called Axiom is coming to NXT, his gimmick is he's a maths genius.

It is very very stupid, but so much so it actually becomes clever.

in case anyone's wondering
Spoiler alert
it's A-Kid off of NXT UK
[close]

Ja'moke

FTR v Briscoes II at Death Before Dishonor! Nice.

Ja'moke

Fite is still rolling after Dynamite! So bonus live Rampage!

EDIT: ah they finally cut it.

Mobius

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 07, 2022, 02:45:44 AMFTR v Briscoes II at Death Before Dishonor! Nice.

Nice!

Looking forward to Acclaimed as faces.

Moxley match was fun, felt a bit rushed plus you knew who was winning.

Miro promos are just so cool

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 06, 2022, 10:02:52 PMWES has now cancelled its show and predictably put the blame on the talent: https://twitter.com/wesofficialtv/status/1544786365379973120

This is very nice from the former Mojo Rawley.

oggyraiding

At least this whole WES thing has made CYN look decent in comparison.

Ja'moke

I thought Dynamite was pretty average this week. Not bad per se, but just not up to usual standards. Kind of expected though coming off the back of a great PPV and Dynamite last week. It felt more promo and segment-heavy this week.

In other news, PWInsider reporting that Sasha and Naomi have now been removed from the internal roster.

Old Thrashbarg

It wasn't quite as, er, explosive... as it has been, but there were still some great moments. Wardlow getting his first belt, Christian's promo and the main event was a good match. It definitely felt like a bit of a filler episode though, moving pieces into place.

Gurke and Hare

I'm surprised they're doing Fyter Fest already - usually they have a at least couple of weeks of build to that but Forbidden Door made that impossible if they want to have them at the start of July.

Ja'moke

Alan Angels debuted on Impact last night against Mike Bailey. Also a vignette aired for Killer Kelly. And KUSHIDA is debuting for them soon.

Impact got themselves a nice little roster.

Ja'moke

QuoteThe previously unreported settlements include a $7.5 million pact with a former wrestler who alleged that Mr. McMahon coerced her into giving him oral sex and then demoted her and, ultimately, declined to renew her contract in 2005 after she resisted further sexual encounters, according to people familiar with the matter. The wrestler and her attorney approached Mr. McMahon in 2018 and negotiated the payment in return for her silence, the people said.

And still fans will be bowing down to him next time he appears on TV (which will probably be tonight).

up_the_hampipe

Also paid off a woman who he harassed including sending nude pics, which she provided for the lawsuit.

We've all known this sort of behaviour about him for so many years to the point where we've accepted it, but hopefully now it's all coming down. He has to go, like properly, let's hope the board turns up the pressure.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on July 08, 2022, 05:02:28 PMThere's an obvious name jumps out here.

Is there? I couldn't think of who it might be specifically.

Psybro

There was a name from that era who came to my mind who wasn't hired for wrestling ability but through the Diva Search, and Wikipedia quickly told me that after a big initial push she was moved to OVW at the end of 2005 and promptly terminated within a couple of weeks.  Could be somebody else but the very first person I looked up matched.

Edit:  Going back through the Diva Search, there is at least one other who fits so who knows.  You could point to any number of women who suddenly dropped off TV over decades, but it happens to male talent too so doesn't tell you much.