Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Possible to add smilies on this forum?

Started by Stigdu, July 06, 2022, 03:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 06, 2022, 10:41:31 PMIt was shallow.  You are ace bgmnts : ) been feeling bad about falling out yesterday (I was being a prick, as I do, was also feeling like I was being treated like a prick also though)

Yeah nah I respect you for what you do just have differences of opinion on certain things but I would easily cede your expertise and outlook is more valuable than mine. I think we all love each other here (with some exceptions, you know who you are)

It's all part of the cut and thrust of hard-core cab action!

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: bgmnts on July 06, 2022, 10:44:13 PMYeah nah I respect you for what you do just have differences of opinion on certain things but I would easily cede your expertise and outlook is more valuable than mine. I think we all love each other here (with some exceptions, you know who you are)

It's all part of the cut and thrust of hard-core cab action!

No, I had a pop about something because I was feeling attacked and I did go back read what you said and realised it was stupid of me (was going to PM you but felt it might seem weird)

100% right on the love though got a lot of time for you as it happens.

bgmnts

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 06, 2022, 10:48:20 PMNo, I had a pop about something because I was feeling attacked and I did go back read what you said and realised it was stupid of me (was going to PM you but felt it might seem weird)

100% right on the love though got a lot of time for you as it happens.

Yeah nah it's all good! I know I'm an incredibly frustrating annoying person sometimes but like afterwards a new day begins and we move on. It's a bit of fun.

And ditto.

kittens

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on July 06, 2022, 07:38:55 PMHaha :D I wasn't here during that period, but I've seen it on other forums. There was this big drama on this gaming forum I go to where one guy got banned because he became so thoroughly obsessed by it, he was PM'ing his friends saying "I'm gonna be the karma king!" and he was trying to bully his big rival and smear her name and stuff so people upvoted her less.

He was staying up at night scouring reddit and posting all the "funny" pictures he could find because they usually got the biggest amount of upvotes for the amount of effort.

Imagine that being your life! He was top of the karma pops when he finally got fucked off so I'm hoping he left with a big smile on his face.

i like the sound of this guy

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: kittens on July 06, 2022, 10:53:42 PMi like the sound of this guy

I've forgotten his name, which feels a bit crap since he sent me a really nice message on resetera after he got banned.
He came across really sweet to be honest.

I think with him just being a gamer, and the forum being turned into a sort of gamified popularity contest and rewarding him for being a performing monkey, he was just wired to keep chasing that goal.

Better off out of it, anyway, hopefully he's changed how he spends his free time and is a lot better for it nowadays.

flotemysost

Keep reading this thread title as Possible to add similes on this forum?

As depressed as Eeyore.

As sneaky as Ron.

Bananas, like Glinner.

Fwiw, my texts are littered with emojis (none of that Gen Z skull bollocks - crying laughing bastard all the way); I'm a vapid Millennial bore with an arid imagination, what ya gonna do?

I'm also partial to the crystal ball, the black cat and the whisky tumbler.

THIS one though

Quote from: Chollis on July 06, 2022, 03:16:21 PM

intrigues, intimidates, inspires and if I'm honest, arouses me. Have yet to pen a text worthy of its presence.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: JamesTC on July 06, 2022, 11:09:19 PMI knew it!

Every time you post a "JK Rowling" he smiles down upon you, for you were created in his image.

bgmnts

If you look at that upside down it looks like a REALLY tired croupier who has peacock feathers for eyelashes.

TheGingerAlien

touchingcloth

Someone please go to HS Art and start a Carol Similie thread.

Bennett Brauer

Can't believe Ronalado hasn't responded to the thread title yet.

Kankurette

Quote from: Kelvin on July 06, 2022, 09:54:28 PMYou can tell the tone of my posts just by looking at my avatar.
Me too.

Stigdu

I've not been posting that long in the grand scheme of things, and because of certain things regarding mental health which I won't go into, I'm actually quite a sensitive soul.

I hate feeling personally attacked when I feel all I've done is try to contribute to a discussion, but the responses I get are TROLL! or STUPID! or BORING IDIOT!

Where do people get off saying these things? Don't tell me it's just a laugh, cos it isn't.

So I write a private message to the pwrsons who have done this. One took the time to reply to me which I appreciated. One didn't bother.

I figured smilie-type responses to people's posts might stop certain people from thinking they can just insult and belittle others on here who perhaps don't deserve it and have only the best intentions.

Rant over. Taking kids to school now.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Stigdu on July 07, 2022, 08:25:52 AMI've not been posting that long in the grand scheme of things, and because of certain things regarding mental health which I won't go into, I'm actually quite a sensitive soul.

I don't think it's personal Stig. Nobody *really* knows you after all. But - you've had more engagement on here in your short posting history than many of us who have been on here years. Take that win and try not to overthink it!

Buelligan

Don't feel bullied, old stick, we're all sensitive here.

touchingcloth

Would it be possible to add shinies and Kinis on this forum at all?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

canadagoose

Just use a keyboard with emoji, like this 🍉🐝🦎🐲

That way you can make your posts into rebuses, or whatever.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on July 06, 2022, 11:15:49 PM
Spelt SMILLIE not Smilie, even though she pronounces it Smilie after too much sniffing powerful adhesives on the job.

JamesTC

Ray Travez

not sure this forum has a smiley culture

or a cockney translator, more's the pity

Stonefish

NSFW

Spoiler alert
⊂_ヽ
  \\
   \( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    > ⌒ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
ノ )  Lノ
(_/

Important Edit:

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on July 06, 2022, 11:15:49 PM

I used to fancy Carol Smillie so much but then she seemed to vanish.  Just Googled her and discovered I still fancy her:

[close]

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Stonefish on July 07, 2022, 01:52:14 PM

This just blurted across my screen so my other half now thinks I'm work wanking over Carol Smilie - Cheers!

However, I also have some questions;

1. This picture is weird, it's like 80% arse to the point it looks like she is falling over but I don't remember Carol Smilie being a glamour model or whatever.

2. What is the deal with leather trousers? I've never worn any but I had a few work colleagues that have pulled them out every now and again, they don't look very comfortable but is the whole point to show off ones arse, like wearing an expensive pair of leggings, "Hi everyone, have you seen my arse today, I've squashed it into this cow skin as an affective medium for my own skin, a bit like tracing paper for cannibals and that bloke from Silence of the Lambs."

touchingcloth

I have some questions of my own, such as is

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 07, 2022, 02:56:22 PM1. This picture is weird, it's like 80% arse to the point it looks like she is falling over but I don't remember Carol Smilie being a glamour model or whatever.

a question?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 07, 2022, 02:59:00 PMI have some questions of my own, such as is

a question?

Sorry the question was why is this picture so weird and provocative (ooooh mummy!) for such an anodyne day time TV show presenter? I mean it is basically grot isn't it, Carol Smilie grot, which I didn't think existed. I admit this is likely more to do with the fact I do not follow much TV stuff.