Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:34:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Damn great show. Every match was great, barring the women, which was pretty average.

If Cole was legit fucked, I don't mind the ending.

Ja'moke

Jay White is doing the usual non-kayfabe AEW post-show media scrum in his NJPW press conference style and staying in character. So good.0

Deanjam

Mobius

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 27, 2022, 05:23:37 AMJay White is doing the usual non-kayfabe AEW post-show media scrum in his NJPW press conference style and staying in character. So good.0

That whole scrum was a cool. Love hearing Dax's passion for wrestling. Also nice to see Chris Charlton had a bit of involvement.

sevendaughters

Only watched Tanahashi-Moxley but I really liked it.

Ja'moke

I feel like I'm going to need to watch the whole ppv again with the Japanese commentary.

Hearing them go crazy for Sting here is ace: https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1541236582958923776?s=20&t=JTFIQlKLK8Hn1p4-Al76bQ

gmoney

Fantastic show, despite the wonky build it really delivered and I'm left aglow with happiness. Glad FTR won the titles and sad Tanahashi didn't win, but it was a blow away match and performance.

Ja'moke

Apparently early digital numbers show that Forbidden Door did over 100k buys. So we're definitely getting a Forbidden Door 2!

sevendaughters

pretty obvious to me Cole was meant to take the Rainmaker then White nails Okada and steals his pin. Fair play to Cole for sticking around to do the job and allow Okada to stay protected.

Ja'moke

There's talk that Moxley might have a concussion too. Ugh.

Ja'moke

AEW allowed Jericho, Bryan, and Big Show to send in "congrats" videos for John Cena on Raw last night.

Deanjam

I'm really enjoying the levels of crossover we're getting in wrestling in 2022. Obviously WWE aren't going to join in too much, but there's a lot of pleasant surprises we're seeing.

letsgobrian

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 27, 2022, 04:51:53 PMThere's talk that Moxley might have a concussion too. Ugh.

That was Moxley embellishing (they pointed out on WOR this morning that he used the same verbiage after his Tom Lawlor match) and he's not going to do it again.

Ja'moke

Quote from: letsgobrian on June 28, 2022, 10:45:53 PMThat was Moxley embellishing (they pointed out on WOR this morning that he used the same verbiage after his Tom Lawlor match) and he's not going to do it again.

Ah good. That would have been awful to have the newly crowned champ out injured too, especially with B&G tomorrow and the amazing run Mox has been on this year.

Old Thrashbarg

I don't really know where to go for Japanese wrestling news/opinions. Does anyone know how the show was received there?

I'd love there to be another one, or even just continuing to have crossover storylines - though that might become difficult to follow - because the matches were so good and it was genuinely thrilling to see the best from both promotions against each other. I do wonder if a repeat PPV might lose a bit by not having that novelty value though. Either way, it's great to see that it was a success, both in terms of buy-rate and how well it went down with the live audience.

Deanjam

New Japan have already said that they want another joint show, this time set in Japan. So they must be happy with it.

stonkers

It was a big financial and critical success, despite them having to rebook half the show at short notice due to injuries, they are definitely doing another one. Will be really interesting if they do it in Japan with NJPW production, versus this which was really an AEW show featuring NJPW guys.

Ja'moke

Ja'moke

TK has announced a Royal Rampage for this Friday. Basically a Rumble in the two rings!

Ja'moke

Beautiful bloody violence. Liked the story at the end with Eddie and Claudio too.

Shame Santana got hurt... and off a normal wrestling move!

Mobius

Really glad AEW are doing their own rumble. The match happened after Dynamite so careful of spoilers if you want want the winner ruined.

I didn't get to watch the show yet but seeing the clips of B&G, it looks like it was pretty insane!

Mobius

I loved that All Ego Vs Orange Cassidy match, fun stuff

Ja'moke

Alan "5" Angels contract has expired and he's not been re-signed: https://twitter.com/Alan_V_Angels/status/1542465624525488129?s=20&t=cPl1GCxB80H4E05KkaxJ3Q

He's still really young. Plenty of time to find himself on the indies and return in the future.

Ja'moke

Logan Paul has officially signed with WWE.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 30, 2022, 06:31:03 PMLogan Paul has officially signed with WWE.

He probably has all the requirements to be a very good 'superstar' in WWE. But I've little interest in watching him.

Spiteface

Watching Blood & Guts now.

I am amused by the "WE THE PEOPLE!" chants when Claudio and Hager were in the ring.

Also, Claudio is a good fit for AEW and BCC as a group, and Regal should be a regular on commentary.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on June 30, 2022, 06:33:48 PMHe probably has all the requirements to be a very good 'superstar' in WWE. But I've little interest in watching him.

Same. He looked pretty good at Mania, but I don't give a shit about him.

Deanjam

Dynamite back over a million viewers this week. 1.02 million and 0.36. Good to see.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on June 30, 2022, 09:13:14 PMDynamite back over a million viewers this week. 1.02 million and 0.36. Good to see.

Number one for the night too. Hopefully it can keep the momentum going now that both NBA and NHL finals are done.

I'm thinking next week might be the time to kick up the MJF storyline again, now that Forbidden Door and B&G are out of the way. It's in New York next week, plus Wardlow has a TNT title match...

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on June 30, 2022, 06:33:48 PMHe probably has all the requirements to be a very good 'superstar' in WWE. But I've little interest in watching him.

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 30, 2022, 06:44:27 PMSame. He looked pretty good at Mania, but I don't give a shit about him.

Well don't worry, there's a lot of people that are interested in him. Even Ronda Rousey wasn't as relevant by the time she signed.