Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Trevor Bastard Extended Universe

Started by canadagoose, May 26, 2022, 03:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrec

Who/what is/was Trevor Bastard anyway? Have only seen the name in mentions of the TBEU.

king_tubby

The original (maybe?) Twitter handle of the bloke behind Streatham Rovers, and by default most of the TBEU.

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: wrec on June 25, 2022, 08:13:54 PMWho/what is/was Trevor Bastard anyway? Have only seen the name in mentions of the TBEU.

A dude named Robert who used to live in Streatham and now lives in Belfast

Gurke and Hare

That's who's behind it, but the original Trevor Bastard was a corporate CEO type character before that account got banned from Twitter.

As for the photos, I can only imagine they come from one of those face generator websites, because when you do a reverse google image search on them there's nothing similar.

idunnosomename

Simon Hedges has been using that face since 2015 which is a bit before wide use of AI gubbins. It might be a model from some random 1990s catalogue I think. Even if it was digitised somewhere now, a reverse search wouldnt catch it from the face.

Egyptian Feast

Speaking of whom...

Quote from: Simon HedgesMick Lynch exposed:
▪ Real name Michael
▪ General Secretary of RMT
▪ Newspapers in wrong recycling receptacle
▪ Prefers supermarket own brand pasta sauce
▪ Security lights in working order
▪ Threatens journalists doing late night research

A domestic waste audit is a vital part of any journalist's toolkit. The fact that I was prevented from carrying this out and was forced to spend the night cowering in a greenhouse, is not only an attack on my free speech, but an attack on the entire profession.

king_tubby

idunnosomename

Brilliant Times spoofing here

https://www.bazake.co.uk/premium

The phone number is Twentyman's pizza in Leigh lmao

king_tubby

It's on topic, Bazake Media is part of the TBEU. You worthless dog!

I'm an ignorant heathen, and will end myself immediately.

canadagoose

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 04, 2022, 12:52:48 PMBrilliant Times spoofing here

https://www.bazake.co.uk/premium

The phone number is Twentyman's pizza in Leigh lmao
That page has given me a good laugh. Brilliant stuff.

Quote from: There Be Rumblings on July 04, 2022, 02:04:23 PMOff-topic, but from the same site:

https://www.bazake.co.uk/what-would-princess-di-look-like-if-she-was-still-alive-

Amazing

I'm not on Twitter any more, so seeing some TBEU tweets in isolation in this thread made me wonder if the magic had gone. But that Princess Di piece had me doubled over with laughter.

idunnosomename

this is my favourite Bazake bit, tailored to cause controversy, although I dont think anyone cared. which makes it even funnier

https://www.bazake.co.uk/top-prof-says-bts-bottom-of-the-pops

QuoteTop music boffins at University College Borehamwood have caused a stir today after declaring top Korean popsters, BTS, to be the worst music band in history. The findings come after a collaboration between musicologists and computer scientists at the university to create a computer algorithm which could identify the worst music ever to be recorded.

Professor Ralston McShandy, a world leading musicologist at the university, has spent the past year crunching the numbers with his colleagues and came to the shocking conclusion after one coffee fuelled all-nighter. "When we looked at the computer print-out, we couldn't believe our eyes. So we ran the programme again and it came back the same. Then we checked the code, but it was all normal," said McShandy.

The team sent the findings to colleagues across the pond who then replicated the experiment in a controlled environment. The results were the same. BTS were now officially the worst band in history.

"In all the criteria, BTS come out bottom of the heap," said Johnny Baughl, a computer whizz-kid working on McShandy's team. "In tonality, lyrics, rhythm, you name it. BTS are the worst. And this isn't just opinion, it's scientific fact!"

The news will come as a surprise to those who believe Coldplay, U2, Muse, and other much maligned bands are the worst in history. The head of the official Genesis hate club says the findings are "preposterous" and show how out of touch university professors are in their ivory towers.

The teams' findings are now being shared through cyberspace and could see deadly repercussions for the team at the hands of the self-proclaimed BTS "Army". BAZAKE Media infiltrated one Facebook fan group with users vowing to "throw that motherfucker McShandy into a vat of boiling vegetable oil". Another user said they were going to "cunt" McShandy's head "clean off" with one carefully placed roundhouse kick.

BAZAKE Media have reached out to BTS's management for comment, but as yet we have received no reply.

king_tubby

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: king_tubby on July 07, 2022, 10:43:46 PMOvens pre-empting today's Frankie Boyle massive Twitter meltdown.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OvensComedy/status/1544961390187798528

Lol I came in to post that, already uploaded to imgur so I'm fucked if I'm wasting it now.

The meltdown has been interesting. Getting really pissy at retired journo's/commenters like Abi Wilkinson.

king_tubby

I tagged Ovens in to that, so I'm pretty offended I didn't even get credit.

imitationleather

There's too many accounts for me to keep up with, but Ovens is consistently good.

Obviously Streatham Rovers and the associated football stuff is great too.

king_tubby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 07, 2022, 10:49:41 PMThe meltdown has been interesting. Getting really pissy at retired journo's/commenters like Abi Wilkinson.

Yeah, there's probably a thread in Landlord Boyle's 'oh so you hate Jews?' response to some mild criticism.

Sebastian Cobb

I think that got deleted by the time I saw the thread. For once I've not been terminally online - Boris was going to be caretaker this morning when I was on the bog this morning, then he wasn't at lunch now he is again... Fuck knows.

Didn't know he was a landlord but am not surprised in the slightest. Was it just the Scottish Sun he had a page in? He doesn't seem to get enough stick for that.

Mister Six

What's the Boyle context? I haven't paid attention to him much for years.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mister Six on July 08, 2022, 12:12:22 AMWhat's the Boyle context? I haven't paid attention to him much for years.
The main context is him saying "communism is good" after having trite political shows on the BBC that happily rejected the closest thing to that, and amplified wankers like Baddiel.

I found the thread but it looks like Abi Wilkinson has either turned off her account or got reported into suspension so it doesn't make all that much sense https://twitter.com/leechwaifu/status/1545132165092057088

Mister Six

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 08, 2022, 01:14:21 AMThe main context is him saying "communism is good" after having trite political shows on the BBC that happily rejected the closest thing to that, and amplified wankers like Baddiel.

Ah, that's sad. I thought he'd made a shift to being one of the few properly left-wing voices on UK telly, letting Akala have a soapbox and such. Shame.

Mister Six

Is Craig Ovens played by a model, then? I thought all the TBEU faces were done by an AI or something.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: waste of chops on July 08, 2022, 05:28:36 PMThat pic's photoshopped:

I think...that was the point? Unless you're also doing a bit? It's hard to tell.

Cold Meat Platter

lol when some centrist bollocks shows up in my timeline and I go wtf before noticing it's because Simon Hedges has liked it.

king_tubby

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on July 08, 2022, 06:46:14 PMlol when some centrist bollocks shows up in my timeline and I go wtf before noticing it's because Simon Hedges has liked it.

He never misses.

Harry Badger

Quote from: There Be Rumblings on July 04, 2022, 02:04:23 PMOff-topic, but from the same site:

https://www.bazake.co.uk/what-would-princess-di-look-like-if-she-was-still-alive-

Amazing

The Jayne Carvoda one was particularly amusing because a friend of mine identified Keith as a foot fetishist over two years ago: