Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:31:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rontos Chips: a life in pixels

Started by poo, January 07, 2022, 06:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

I've seen it and there's a rather explosive bit where it claims that Rontos is the father of a popular TV and radio presenter. They don't name names, but I've done a bit of reading up and apparently, Rontos being Liza Tarbuck's real father was a bit of an open secret amongst showbiz types back in the day.

frajer

Apparently they're going to show the studio footage of Rontos chinning Bobby Davro. Can't wait!

Nice that they patched up their differences after Davro's near-death experience in the stocks, though, to the point where Davro named his youngest son after him; Ronty Nankeville.

shoulders

Goldentony

had no idea he was on Catchphase as part of the workfare scheme

TheGingerAlien

frajer

The working title for this was indeed 'Rontos: I Just Want to Watch the World Burn'

TheGingerAlien

That was around the time Rontos really piled on the beef.  His infamous 'Eddie Large' era.

He was much more suave back in the day:

Cuellar

Saw Rontos in Beckett's Endgame in Split and he was fantastic best performance I've ever seen

frajer

He really is a fabulous stage presence. You have not seen theatre until you have seen Rontos's Iago.

TheGingerAlien

Whilst I agree that in his heyday Rontos was an unparalleled entertainer, the stuff that later came out about the toxic culture (he instigated) on the catchphrase set really put me off the guy.  It's just hard to separate the art from artist sometimes - I guess it's true that there's no smoke without fire.

Glebe

One young critic described this as "Rontastic! Five stars!"

frajer

ROY: Say what you see!

RONTOS: You see the face of the one true god, Rontos.

CONTESTANT: All is Rontos.

ROY: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Glebe

"I've not watched the C5 doco yet, Roy."

"Oh that's not right keep pressin' that remote control and guessin' which channel is coming on to watch it."

TheGingerAlien

Glebe

Fambo Number Mive

I liked the series where Mr Chips and Roy Walker swapped roles, Roy sucked into the screen just after Rontos emerged from it. Rontos only went back at the end of the series after being given the digital version of a Fleshlight.

TheGingerAlien

frajer

He nose how to smack a pert arse til it's just fucking blazing, both cheeks throbbing with joy at such a thorough disciplining, it's why you pay extra because he nose how to get it done right

TheGingerAlien

I don't know what to think anymore. [Dolmio puppet voice: Feel sick as a Chips]

Glebe

Goldentony

YOU'RE A FOOL TO EXPECT ME TO BE YOUR CLOWN, ROY

I just need you to put this clock into a sewing machine mate, just do it and we'll take two photos, come on

I COULD BE USED TO GREAT POWER, FOR WIELDING, YOU BET WILL BE CRUSHED, WE WILL DESTROY STARS IN THE SO CALLED EYES

No, just sew the clock now, takes a few minutes to do this and we get a wage whatever, please

LOVE IS CONFUSING

no, no, not that shite again, not aghhain man

TheGingerAlien

Classic pic of yer man, Rontos, with all his showbiz mates:

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 08, 2022, 02:34:30 PMClassic pic of yer man, Rontos, with all his showbiz mates:

It's good but it's not riiiiight (pic not working for me there)

What's Mr. Chips doin here then?  Good luck!  Fingers on buzzers, say what ya see

Glebe

RONTOS: So did you watch the thing about my life on C5 then Roy?

ROY: Nah mate don't have C5 so we don't now. Speaking of telly meself and the wife watched a thing about fishing yesterday that was very interesting so we did.

RONTOS: That was on C5 Roy.

ROY: Oh yeah so it was. I must have missed your life story thing.

RONTOS: You're a bad liar Roy. Disloyal.

ROY: Sorry Rontos. Rontos.

shoulders