Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:49:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Youtube Thread

Started by garbed_attic, February 03, 2013, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Quote from: Gonk on July 02, 2022, 12:06:12 PMVoleflix?

https://vole.wtf/voleflix/

Was doing the rounds back in 2020 as an aggregate of enjoyably cack B-Movies.

It was a bit like this but looked more youtubey than Netflixxy. Thanks though this is great too

Helvetica Scenario

I think you might be thinking of Plex's streaming service - https://watch.plex.tv/movies-and-shows

It's free and there's certainly a lot of classic cult horror movies on there, as well as newer stuff. Haven't watched anything on there yet so no idea about quality or adverts but sounds like what you were talking about.

Mobius

Quote from: Helvetica Scenario on July 03, 2022, 06:56:12 PMI think you might be thinking of Plex's streaming service - https://watch.plex.tv/movies-and-shows

It's free and there's certainly a lot of classic cult horror movies on there, as well as newer stuff. Haven't watched anything on there yet so no idea about quality or adverts but sounds like what you were talking about.

I don't think that's the one I'm vaguely remembering, but it's also excellent and just the sort of stuff I'm after!

To be honest, I think it may have been one of the already recommended sites, I think I'm just misremembering. Cheers all!

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 12, 2022, 12:55:33 AMI am now obsessed with this man and the three or four different phrases he can say

Notice how he shrewdly makes baldness a selling point for his channel, smart man, baldness is the wave of the future.
I take *slight* issue with his description of himself as a 'foodie' though, considering he mainly eats frozen ready meals.

Through this man I have found a whole subculture of bald middle aged British men who review frozen and ready meals as if they are both providing a valuable service and are entertainment legends with catchphrases to match Brucie himself.

Mobius

I watch a few shit food youtubers

https://www.youtube.com/c/KaysCooking/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

Kay makes some of the worst food ever. The video quality is awful. Pretty entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMacMaster/videos

This bloke somehow uploads a video every day, and seems to alternate between the UK/America/Benidorm. He basically reviews Fish & Chip shops, kebabs and stuff.

bgmnts

Yeah I remember someone posting kay's cooking ages ago and it was incredible. She put fucking spaghetti through sausages and boiled them.

I don't think I ever worked out if it was a wind up or not.

Famous Mortimer

I decided to put an old album by Stars Of The Lid on at work, via Youtube. Found this delightful comment.

"Sorry about the crippling pain, old chap, have this ambient drone album"

Sonny_Jim

ProvanFan

Fuck yes. I see pen spinning meetups on that channel. Hopefully there are also pen spinning rivalries and love triangles to get invested in.

Dex Sawash

Going to try this pen spinning. I may have fucked it before the start by spinning brooms/any long round less than 1" diameter tubular item at hand. I made a baton twirler teach me to do it in High School and here I am still doing it 40 years later. Thanks Tami. Thami.

Dex Sawash

Head Gardener

Spiteface

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mobius on July 01, 2022, 07:54:16 AMCan anyone remember that site it's like YouTube, but has old movies and bits of telly on it? And just odd stuff. I'm sure a thread was posted about it here once but I can't find it. Cheers

Internet archive (archive.org) can be good for this if you use the slightly clunky advanced search and set 'media type is' to movies:
https://archive.org/advancedsearch.php

https://archive.org/details/max-headroom-complete

Another scattergun approach that can sometimes yield good results is going to duckduckgo, searching for whatever, clicking the videos tab and setting the duration to long. It seems to be marginally better than Google, which is odd 'cos I thought it used Google.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=max+headroom&t=h_&iax=videos&ia=videos&iaf=videoDuration%3Along

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 12, 2022, 12:55:33 AMI am now obsessed with this man and the three or four different phrases he can say

Notice how he shrewdly makes baldness a selling point for his channel, smart man, baldness is the wave of the future.
I take *slight* issue with his description of himself as a 'foodie' though, considering he mainly eats frozen ready meals.

he's got a bit of a 'hide the pain harold' grin hasn't he? understandable given what he's reviewing i suppose.

like his thoroughness in that he's spliting the boxes out to compare microwave vs oven though

Sonny_Jim

I know I'm about a decade late, but lasganecat is fantastic, isn't it?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on August 22, 2022, 01:56:51 PMI know I'm about a decade late, but lasganecat is fantastic, isn't it?

Yea it's amazing- that monologue whatshisface does on one of them is amazing

Sonny_Jim

The amount of effort and skill they've put into what amounts to a decade long shitpost is incredible.

PlanktonSideburns

DrGreggles

homesickalien

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: ProvanFan on July 27, 2022, 03:08:56 AMFuck yes. I see pen spinning meetups on that channel. Hopefully there are also pen spinning rivalries and love triangles to get invested in.

Brace yourself for this key matchup:

Seems to be some kind of bedridden event.  I approve.

sevendaughters

the guy who did the absolute failure rival Mission Across Wales (which nearly killed me with how funny it is) has done a rival Mission Across Scotland with a group of fellow guys he met online who probably never leave their house or change their underpants. There's three parts to it which suggests he gets pretty far but I've only watched 8 minutes and they've lost one member and made a severe miscalculation, so...

pt 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWQyjYTpDfg

sevendaughters

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 25, 2022, 10:29:43 PMthe guy who did the absolute failure rival Mission Across Wales (which nearly killed me with how funny it is) has done a rival Mission Across Scotland with a group of fellow guys he met online who probably never leave their house or change their underpants. There's three parts to it which suggests he gets pretty far but I've only watched 8 minutes and they've lost one member and made a severe miscalculation, so...

pt 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWQyjYTpDfg

i watched all 3 parts of it and it is without doubt one of the stupidest things ever. no spoiler to say they nearly die and probably deserved to in order to serve as a warning.

Ted-Maul

Ha, just started watching the Scotland one after reading your description and nearly turned it off after 8 minutes myself... just... how stupid can you be to miss something that obvious? And then to persist instead of having a proper rethink about how to proceed and what else they might have missed... i'm guessing that's gonna be a theme for the whole mission. I'm 15 minutes in now and they're still in sight of the start, madness.

Regarding Geowizard's football thing, shortly after he announced what he was gonna do, i found a football floating in the canal which i rescued for my dog. Just dribbling it the 5 or 10 minutes along there was mentally and physically tiring and it ended up back in the water twice. So if he makes it to Newcastle, i think he will be a wreck. That's if he hasn't already been trampled on by a bull he's tried to nutmeg.

gib

i only just realised that megging is short for nutmegging

sevendaughters

Quote from: Ted-Maul on August 26, 2022, 01:54:22 PMHa, just started watching the Scotland one after reading your description and nearly turned it off after 8 minutes myself... just... how stupid can you be to miss something that obvious? And then to persist instead of having a proper rethink about how to proceed and what else they might have missed... i'm guessing that's gonna be a theme for the whole mission. I'm 15 minutes in now and they're still in sight of the start, madness.

just a cavalcade of bad planning and shit in-moment decisions with three chemistry-free chunkity nerds who can't do anything physical. i loved it.

sevendaughters

Gone down the rabbit hole on rival straight lines:

I won't link this one but there's a guy called Archie something who did a Mission Across Somerset as practice for a rival Mission Across Scotland. Spoiler here:

Spoiler alert
He does it! I haven't watched the whole thing but his methodology might be suspect to some as he has a very involved support team who will run in off-line to put a ladder to walls and generally be a lot more involved in order to keep the line as simple as possible for the two walkers.

There's also a lot more interesting drone footage and a bit more thought in certain aspects of presentation, but they lack the personality of Geowizard or the total failvibes of Marcus the Chess Teacher.
[close]

Also - there's four parts of a Mission Across NZ by two absolutely pleasant as heck teenagers who clearly have planned the hell out of the whole thing, ringing up landowners, pre-scouting. The farmers they run into are chill as heck and the whole thing, despite some angry cows and terrain as rough as anything on Geowizard, comes across like the sort of stuff teenagers should be getting up to. Semi-spoiler here:

Spoiler alert
At the end of part 4 they are still going, about 2/5 across the North Island, in good spirits and well prepared - but they haven't uploaded a video for a couple of months. Not sure why, but I do like their videos - nice lowkey NZ sense of humour and once they get past the first tough thing they use camera stabilisation which makes for some nice watchable footage.
[close]

Spoiler alert
EDIT THEY JUST UPLOADED PART FIVE OVERNIGHT, THE GODS ARE SMILING ON ME
[close]

The Bumlord

God this bloke is funny: