Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:58:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Youtube Thread

Started by garbed_attic, February 03, 2013, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

I very much enjoyed that and I am looking forward to more.

PlanktonSideburns

phes

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 26, 2022, 12:22:13 AMi watched all 3 parts of it and it is without doubt one of the stupidest things ever. no spoiler to say they nearly die and probably deserved to in order to serve as a warning.

This is too good to be true and has to be a decent wind up. I've seen literally dozens of less ridiculous found footage horror movies

Surely nobody is so incompetent as to
Spoiler alert
not waterproof their bag for a walk across Scotland, not charge up their torch, and take food they're allergic to
[close]

Ted-Maul

Hmm, the name 'Ian Coward' is perhaps too good to be true, and we don't get to see any footage from the end of the trip... But if it is a wind-up, the look on that Cody lads face for most of the trip suggests he is not in on the ruse.

I'm halfway through the New Zealand attempt at the moment and really enjoying their clean-cut can-do attitude. It's good to see how different countries have different obstacles with their endless fences and cattle to be avoided plus the blackberry bush hell. I thought someone could just go to San Marino and walk across there, or Vatican City... but they will have their own unique (and insurmountable) obstacles.

What's stopping someone going to Penzance or wherever and walking north-south and saying they've crossed England?

TheGingerAlien

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Ted-Maul on August 30, 2022, 01:13:52 AMWhat's stopping someone going to Penzance or wherever and walking north-south and saying they've crossed England?
That it would be pointless and no-one would give a shit? That it's entirely against the spirit of these challenges?

sevendaughters

against my better judgment I watched the recent Bald video 'The Journey is Over'.

Spoiler alert
he seems to suggest from the outset that he was probably done travelling in the USSR by dint of being on the east coast and none of his UK bank cards working. he has a nice little time in the former Jewish Autonomous Region city of Birobidzhan until he gets arrested on the way to the station. cuts to some days later in St. Petersberg where he says he was chucked in jail for a few days for insulting Putin and released after he basically apostated himself. gets driven to the border in an Uber and walks to Estonia.
[close]

Famous Mortimer

I was following Lumberlend - they make mugs out of the ends of baseball bats, the official supplier of that service to MLB, and so on. They had a Youtube channel for a couple of years, warehouse challenges, taste tests, games, all sorts, and it was a nice low-stress thing to have on. "What will Big Nick think of these different varieties of crisps?"

Then suddenly they stopped about three weeks ago, complete silence from all their social media profiles. Eventually, I discovered they'd laid off their entire social media team and a few of their workers who spent the most time on videos. No explanation, one of the team said he was upset as his spin-off channel had to close as it was intellectual property of Lumberlend but didn't mention why it had closed.

Then I looked at the stuff I never normally pay attention to, views. Even their "big" videos weren't doing great business, and stuff that I thought was great was only getting 10,000 or so views. I presume they gave themselves two years to turn it into a profitable part of the business, it never did, so they stopped. It's quite unusual to see someone on Youtube just stop, with no farewell video or carrying on under a cheaper format, but this lot did.

sevendaughters

FUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Quote from: Marcus the Chess Teacher2 hours ago
UPDATE
I'm pleased to say that I have some exciting news coming up for you this week. I will be embarking on another straight-line mission this autumn with a brand new team of ragtag adventurers! All will be revealed soon...
Which country do you think we'll be crossing?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

gib

paused this so many times to go down various musical youtube rabbitholes

Ron Superior

Quote from: Mobius on July 11, 2022, 01:08:47 AMI watch a few shit food youtubers

https://www.youtube.com/c/KaysCooking/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

Kay makes some of the worst food ever. The video quality is awful. Pretty entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMacMaster/videos

This bloke somehow uploads a video every day, and seems to alternate between the UK/America/Benidorm. He basically reviews Fish & Chip shops, kebabs and stuff.

Apologies if he's been linked before, I searched but couldn't find anything, but I love that an American analog of these guys is this:

Couldn't be a better contrast between Kay and Joey.

Does he fucking choke on it?
I don't think I could get through 4 minutes of that otherwise.

sevendaughters

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 19, 2022, 08:00:14 PMFUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

He's revisiting Wales, hoping to get past the first wry-eyed sheep.

The Crumb

Quote from: Ron Superior on September 27, 2022, 09:20:29 PMApologies if he's been linked before, I searched but couldn't find anything, but I love that an American analog of these guys is this:

Couldn't be a better contrast between Kay and Joey.

Joey's Nutella challenge video is a haunting summary of the sickness of American society.

On the lighter American side I enjoy Brutalmoose's ready meal tasting videos, though I can imagine the zany stylings would grate on some people.

Cold Meat Platter

I'm not sure if you guys can handle the intense chadness of this dude but here youse go:

Head Gardener

Retinend

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 01, 2022, 09:49:44 PMI'm not sure if you guys can handle the intense chadness of this dude but here youse go:

His accent is wild - it's like Professor Frink

Cold Meat Platter

He seems like a Paul Whitehouse character to me.

phes

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 01, 2022, 09:49:44 PMI'm not sure if you guys can handle the intense chadness of this dude but here youse go:

I enjoyed this in particular 'all holidays are a con and a cash-in, except for Halloween because I like that'

King Gizard

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: King Gizard on October 02, 2022, 09:29:47 PMNot YouTube but I found this interesting

https://twitter.com/ThamKhaiMeng/status/1576435239756656640?s=20&t=hEfHt7Q2BzrwTgoofRAs5A

Fucking banger too

That black and white stagey music video is like the intro to an Adam Curtis doc

bushwick

Thought this would be the best place to share this. Don't think I've shared it on here before. Here are some unknown UK rappers with a genuinely sincere and heartfelt tribute to Maddy McCann. This has stuck in my head since I first saw it, when the guy starts by saying "MADELEINE... WE MISS YOU" in his gruff ruffneck voice, salt water runs from my eyes:

(The duo also have an explicit "sex rhyme" on their channel over Lil Wayne's "Lollipop" beat, which shows their artistic diversity but seems incongruous when juxtaposed with a tribute to a missing kid.)

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

Keebleman

The BBC Archive channel has lots of good clips.  This one from 1975 about Ceefax is an enjoyable watch, but I particularly like the content just about visible at 10:08, which must have been the work of a West Ham fan with a Monty Python bent. 

Cold Meat Platter

I've recently found out this guy is a notorious troll, infamous for ripping people off in the retro computer scene going back as far as the dawn of the www.

This is his only tweet.

He's a bit of a rabbithole as well as a massive arsehole.

Cold Meat Platter

They gave all the thumbnails rounded corners and changed fonts last night then eh? Thank you very much woke moralists.

poo

Forgot about this thread - also started this as a separate thread.

Beautifully made mega-series by Dutchman Martin Doolaard documenting his cabin renovation project in the Italian Alps. Martin's craft skillz and work rate are amazing, as is the wonderfully shot scenery. Incredibly engaging and relaxing stuff.