Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Youtube Thread

Started by garbed_attic, February 03, 2013, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

Marcus the Chess Teacher posted the trailer for his new Wales attempt. He only set off on Monday morning gone and I am pretty sure it has lashed down all week. Video seems to prepare us for another terrific failure.

Dex Sawash

If Norm Mcdonald was alive, boring and not funny

Fambo Number Mive

Doing a piece to camera while surrounded by baby elephants has some amusing results.

Sonny_Jim

Sonny_Jim

Bobbyfingers (Of 'Drunken Mel Gibson arrest diorama' fame) has done another one, this time it's about the time Steven Seagal was choked out and shat his pants:

PlanktonSideburns

Really great video again, by the poem/forest burial bit at the end it felt quite profound somehow. And the detail he puts into that motorhome was amazing

BritishHobo

This wonderful video/documentary from the ever-dependable Defunctland starts out with a simple and seemingly unimportant question (Who wrote the little tune used on the wand-wavey Disney Channel idents in the early noughties?) and becomes something really beautiful about what it means to create art within a commercial framework that separates it from what would generally be considered to be art. Well worth a watch:

https://youtu.be/b_rjBWmc1iQ

Sonny_Jim

Can't remember what thread on here I found that in, but it's very Partridge.  I thought 'oh I'll just watch a bit of it, to see if Coogan cribbed anything from it' and ended up watching the whole thing.

The guy and his wife 'physically in tears' about being downgraded from a Cavalier 2.0i down to an Austin Maestro is my favourite bit.

Fakedit:. From the 'unintentially hilarious documentaries' thread: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=99367.msg5119289#msg5119289

bgmnts

Incredible. Pro-union on prime time tv in mid 80s US.

phes

Anyone have any suggestions in the vein of real characters like Hobostobe, Steve Wallis, Geowizard etc? I've run dry of suggestions and haven't turned up anything interesting myself for a while. Just mountains of Youtubeified copycat garbage from social media lifestyle wankers

ProvanFan

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on August 25, 2022, 10:29:14 AMBrace yourself for this key matchup:

Seems to be some kind of bedridden event.  I approve.

Just catching up with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z63YTByab14. The battles are less serious than I was expecting. It's great that they're having fun but I wanted ink, sweat and tears.

ProvanFan

Maybe the Japan football team could learn from these pen experts haha

poo

New "How not to travel..." with Tom and Greg

Is anyone else noticed a resurgence of new Steamed Hams the last couple of weeks?

Ron Superior

Quote from: BritishHobo on November 29, 2022, 11:07:22 PMThis wonderful video/documentary from the ever-dependable Defunctland starts out with a simple and seemingly unimportant question (Who wrote the little tune used on the wand-wavey Disney Channel idents in the early noughties?) and becomes something really beautiful about what it means to create art within a commercial framework that separates it from what would generally be considered to be art. Well worth a watch:

I watched this and I'm glad I stuck with it. I like that people will go this deep in to something so specific and relatively unnecessary, and do it with passion and put effort in to making it artistic, interesting and funny. And the final fifteen mins or so are more moving than most films I've seen this year. Thanks for the recommendation.

I assumed I'd seen it linked in this same thread but can't find it now, but funny that it came out so close to Defunctland's, is a feature length documentary about the Roblox Oof sound by hbomberguy. It starts in a similar way, then where it goes ends up being quite mad, and it similarly ends with a message about art and credit, and is really enjoyable.

Hbomberguy does have a few YouTuber tendencies and, for want of a better term, what I can only describe as Izzardisms but I can get over them because overall this is great and, with things like his Linehan fuelled fundraising stream and shitting on dickheads like Ben Shapiro, he seems like a real GBOL. Heartily recommend this.

Famous Mortimer

I'm currently using Youtube to watch 80s delight "Hunter", the car-explosion-heavy classic. Looks like it's up there legitimately, as well (FilmRise are one of the lot who have Roku channels, I think).

boki

Quote from: Ron Superior on December 13, 2022, 03:53:37 PMI assumed I'd seen it linked in this same thread but can't find it now, but funny that it came out so close to Defunctland's, is a feature length documentary about the Roblox Oof sound by hbomberguy. It starts in a similar way, then where it goes ends up being quite mad, and it similarly ends with a message about art and credit, and is really enjoyable.

It really is a cracking video.  I already knew quite a bit of it because of the Completely Unnecessary podcast's coverage of the Amico saga, but even so was taken aback by the sheer scale of Tommy's bullshittery.

I've been really enjoying Emily Hopkins' channel over the last year or so.  She's a harpist who mostly does demos of effect pedals and manages to inject (largely) wholesome humour into proceedings without it getting too twee.  Her latest video is a nice roundup of the year in the form of an awards ceremony:

Particularly enjoyed the canned boos when the acoustic guitar came out.

prelektric

QuoteThis wonderful video/documentary from the ever-dependable Defunctland starts out with a simple and seemingly unimportant question (Who wrote the little tune used on the wand-wavey Disney Channel idents in the early noughties?) and becomes something really beautiful about what it means to create art within a commercial framework that separates it from what would generally be considered to be art. Well worth a watch:

Quote from: Ron Superior on December 13, 2022, 03:53:37 PMI watched this and I'm glad I stuck with it. I like that people will go this deep in to something so specific and relatively unnecessary, and do it with passion and put effort in to making it artistic, interesting and funny. And the final fifteen mins or so are more moving than most films I've seen this year. Thanks for the recommendation

I just finished watching this, just beautiful. I was fine with all the nerdy stuff, since I share some of Kevin's obsessions somewhat and was comfortable with such a deep dive into such a thing. However that last 10mins completely caught me off guard and ended up very wet faced. An important piece of work in my opinion, and many others given the comments. It's a shame he already released it on YT, as I reckon if he'd kept hold of it for a while and entered it into some festivals, it could have done incredibly well for him.

Maybe this belongs in the Desolation thread, but I've spent a couple of hours watching this guy Dumpster Dive in the UK
https://youtu.be/lC8uG8F_nQQ

Swift

Quote from: phes on December 05, 2022, 11:49:30 PMAnyone have any suggestions in the vein of real characters like Hobostobe, Steve Wallis, Geowizard etc? I've run dry of suggestions and haven't turned up anything interesting myself for a while. Just mountains of Youtubeified copycat garbage from social media lifestyle wankers

Can't remember if I've recommended him on here before but Beau Miles is a great follow.

Fambo Number Mive

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on December 02, 2022, 01:31:11 AM

Incredible. Pro-union on prime time tv in mid 80s US.

I reckon you might like John Sayles' Matewan.

https://archive.org/details/matewan-1987

phes

Nice to see Steve Wallis is back stealth camping after the sudden tragic death of his wife. His latest one has a great moment when he's stealth camping in a ferry terminal car park, making non alcoholic cocktails.

https://youtu.be/2A4o6mHXOr0?start=414&end=442

Every time.

Dex Sawash

^ love how low-stakes his "missions" are (prob said this before). Good chance of explosive nocturnal pants shitting after cowboy burg -n- poutine though. Shortening burger to burg is disgusting though.

Anyone else remember boogie2988? I looked him up and he still has 4.07 million subscribers, but his videos get 15-50k views, or even less.

I guess YouTube trades in view-counts rather than subscriber-counts, but its an interesting illustration of how many ghost accounts litter the internet and how inflated the purported reaches of websites like Twitter really are.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Better Midlands on December 09, 2022, 08:21:46 PMIs anyone else noticed a resurgence of new Steamed Hams the last couple of weeks?

Yes

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: convulsivespace on February 22, 2023, 12:17:20 AMAnyone else remember boogie2988? I looked him up and he still has 4.07 million subscribers, but his videos get 15-50k views, or even less.

I guess YouTube trades in view-counts rather than subscriber-counts, but its an interesting illustration of how many ghost accounts litter the internet and how inflated the purported reaches of websites like Twitter really are.
I presume his repeated legal stuff makes him less appealing to your casual viewer? Who knows. I probably subscribe to dozens of long-defunct accounts, or ones where I ignored a few new videos and now they don't get recommended to me any more so I'd have no idea what they were up to.

willbo

I got Boogie recs when I was watching fitness videos cause of his "inspirational" walking and weight loss videos. Then that drama with him pointing the gun at the far-right prank guy happened.

(from what I can tell, some OTT figure who does frightening prank videos where he threatens members of the public, and speaks on far right podcasts, told Boogie he was visiting his hometown to make him panic for days, and then turned up at his door. Boogie went out with a gun, in a panic, and fired into the air. I lost track of what the legal fallout was.)

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on February 22, 2023, 05:31:17 PMor ones where I ignored a few new videos and now they don't get recommended to me any more so I'd have no idea what they were up to.

I guess I didn't realized that you could be subscribed to someone and their videos would just disappear at some point. Otherwise such a tiny subscriber:view ratio seems quite incredible.