Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:17:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Royal Family Watch

Started by Alien Or Sutin, September 27, 2016, 11:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: Blumf on July 29, 2022, 06:47:44 PMI'm not sure Harry still wants all that Nazi memorabilia

Wills probably does want the big strap-on tho

Alberon

I'm a bit confused by the story but it seems the Queen has been jailed for 18 months for pushing a girlfriend down some stairs.

I'm not surprised by her behaviour but I am by the fact she's been put in prison for it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-62557277

Blumf

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/princess-diana-hand-cast-oscar-nemon-auction-scli-intl/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2022-11-02T22%3A00%3A14&utm_term=link
QuoteA life-size cast of Princess Diana's hand is expected to sell for up to £40,000 ($46,046) when it goes under the hammer Tuesday.

The plaster cast of Diana's left hand, depicting her wedding band, will be auctioned off at Reeman Dansie in the southeastern English county of Essex.

The 24-centimeter-long cast was made by renowned Croatian sculptor Oscar Nemon just before his death in 1985, with Diana being his last sitter.

The auction house said the piece was "extremely rare and believed unique."

Sadly, it's not in an open fist.

Butchers Blind

QuoteA life-size cast of Princess Diana's hand is expected to go under the hammer

A better story.

Alberon

We get an extra bank holiday for Goutyhands coronation!

Just need him to die in 2024 and we could get an extra day for four years on the trot!

idunnosomename

Quote from: Alberon on August 16, 2022, 03:13:04 PMI'm a bit confused by the story but it seems the Queen has been jailed for 18 months for pushing a girlfriend down some stairs.

I'm not surprised by her behaviour but I am by the fact she's been put in prison for it.

he looks nowt like her

Blue Jam

Blumf

A 'Best of the Beatles' answer.

Blumf

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63810468
QuoteA Buckingham Palace household member has apologised and resigned after she repeatedly asked a black British charity boss where she was "really from".

Ngozi Fulani, founder of charity Sistah Space, was questioned by Lady Susan Hussey at the charity event in the palace.

Ms Fulani, said she was "totally stunned".

The palace said the comments were "unacceptable and deeply regrettable".

Lady Susan was lady-in-waiting to the late Queen and is the Prince of Wales's godmother.

Where's your godson from, eh?

Famous Mortimer

It's the "repeatedly" bit. Do none of these fucking idiots get told "we don't care that you're a racist - obviously, given our history - but shut the fuck up around black people. Please"?

Fambo Number Mive

Usual suspects defending Hussey on twitter.

shiftwork2

kalowski

QuoteLady SH: Where are you from?

Me: Sistah Space.

SH: No, where do you come from?

Me: We're based in Hackney.

SH: No, what part of Africa are YOU from?

Me: I don't know, they didn't leave any records.

SH: Well, you must know where you're from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?

Me: Here, UK

SH: NO, but what Nationality are you?

Me: I am born here and am British.

SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?

Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?

SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. When did you first come here?

Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when ...

SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!

Me: No Lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.

SH: Oh, so you're from ..."

imitationleather

Fucking love it when the Royals (or their weird staff) do gaffes. It really humanises them!!

bgmnts

Holy shit I make this joke in another thread and it happens a few days later.

God bless the inbred cunts.

Kankurette

The woman said she was British and still gets asked "where are you REALLY from?" because black people cannot be British does not compute beep boop.

imitationleather

Seriously though, fucking hell. The news are really heavily editing that clip to make it sound not as bad.

Blumf

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 30, 2022, 07:00:37 PMUsual suspects defending Hussey on twitter.

Philip's fired up his bot farm.

kalowski

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 30, 2022, 07:00:37 PMUsual suspects defending Hussey on twitter.
God, yes, eg
QuoteI read through the transcript & in my eyes she was asking about her ancestral origins as she had a very unusual name. I certainly wouldn't have been offended by such a question by an 83 year old lady. People have asked me a similar question about my unusual surname
One of the replies to Darren Grimes' defence.

Blue Jam

I have a Spanish first name and very pale skin and people never ask me what part of Spain or Mexico or South America I'm from, can't think why.

BlodwynPig

But wher u frum Blue Jam? Ah, Norway!

Blue Jam

People do often ask me if I'm Irish. Or ill.

Blue Jam

Wills and Kate were booed at a Boston Celtics game. #PrinceOfPegging now trending on Twitter again along with #KKKate. Oooof:

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1598240861934223361

shiftwork2

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 01, 2022, 08:16:48 AMI have a Spanish first name and very pale skin and people never ask me what part of Spain or Mexico or South America I'm from, can't think why.

The secret here is to develop high blood pressure.  I look like I've come back from two weeks in the Maldives.

daf

Quote from: kalowski on November 30, 2022, 07:53:13 PM
QuoteSH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?

Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?

SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. When did you first come here?

Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when ...

SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!

Me: No Lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.

SH: Oh, so you're from ..."

Bloody hell - I thought that transcript was a joke!

Kankurette

My mum got the 'where are you REALLY from' question and she's white. People wouldn't believe her when she said she was from the Wirral, they thought she was Spanish or something. So if there are people who are like that about a white woman, what the fuck are they going to be like about black or Asian Brits?

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 01, 2022, 10:21:27 AMWills and Kate were booed at a Boston Celtics game. #PrinceOfPegging now trending on Twitter again along with #KKKate. Oooof:

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1598240861934223361

Just more pig-ignorance. If you're launching a re-brand and need a bit of good PR, you shouldn't try and get it from the notoriously warm hearts of *checks notes* a load of Boston sports fans, especially when the Celtics are really fucking good this year so all the latent fans and drunks come to the game. Are you insane?

If they went somewhere craven and shit (Kansas City) they'd probably get the reaction they are so desperate for but obviously they didn't ask me (or anyone) and get what they deserve. Though if they had asked me, I'd say "yeah brilliant idea Boston will definitely work".

Fambo Number Mive

Front page news on the BBC.

QuoteThe late Queen's favourite riding pony Emma, has been named horse of a lifetime at the Horse & Hound awards.

The fell pony, who made a poignant appearance at the late monarch's funeral, won the accolade following a public vote.

The award and a bag of carrots was accepted by Lizzie Briant, who competed on Emma in showing classes.

She said: "Everybody adores her at the Royal Mews - there isn't a pony in the country that is better loved."

..."She is a comfortable ride and sure-footed. Emma always enjoyed a carrot out of a brown paper bag after riding."

Front fucking page news. The brown paper bag bit reminds me of the HIGNFY joke about James Callaghan.

Some image people said "Callaghan is old fashioned and comes in a brown paper bag." Deayton read this out and commented "Quaint old custom".

touchingcloth

Quote from: Alberon on August 16, 2022, 03:13:04 PMI'm a bit confused by the story but it seems the Queen has been jailed for 18 months for pushing a girlfriend down some stairs.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I've not posted in this thead for yonks.

Princess Diana once actually pushed her stepmother down some stairs - https://royalcentral.co.uk/features/the-inside-story-of-when-diana-pushed-her-stepmother-down-a-flight-of-stairs-following-a-furious-row-149528/

touchingcloth

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 02, 2022, 12:27:13 PMFront page news on the BBC.

QuoteThe late Queen's favourite riding pony Emma, has been named horse of a lifetime at the Horse & Hound awards.

The fell pony, who made a poignant appearance at the late monarch's funeral, won the accolade following a public vote.

The award and a bag of carrots was accepted by Lizzie Briant, who competed on Emma in showing classes.

She said: "Everybody adores her at the Royal Mews - there isn't a pony in the country that is better loved."

..."She is a comfortable ride and sure-footed. Emma always enjoyed a carrot out of a brown paper bag after riding."

Front fucking page news. The brown paper bag bit reminds me of the HIGNFY joke about James Callaghan.

Some image people said "Callaghan is old fashioned and comes in a brown paper bag." Deayton read this out and commented "Quaint old custom".

What was poignant about Emma's appearance at the funeral? Did she play The Last Post and then do a big shit?