Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:40:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The RedLetterMedia thread

Started by AliasTheCat, October 24, 2019, 10:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

That bit was brilliant. Jay asking "what are you laughing at? Is it that background?" And Mike barely being able to get out "no it's all the things wrong with her"

I had a hard time enjoying this one, if I'm being honest. Cringe factor too consistently high maybe.

Replies From View

Quote from: JamesTC on July 25, 2022, 06:48:42 PMNever seen a Rob Zombie film. I'm a huge Munsters fan and think it is one of the best and most underrated sitcoms ever made. The tone seems to hit the nail on the head. Rob Zombie is clearly a fan of the show.

Obviously Jay is right in that the sound is poor and it seems very sloppily put together but that looks like a trailer problem rather than a film problem.

Not sure I agree with his take on the trailer for Rob Zombie's effort (I'm more in line with redlettermedia I think), but his view on the earlier reboot efforts are very thorough and worth watching.

Poobum

The phrase "odd yet descriptive looking kids" was so perfect.

frajer

Loved the surprise crossover with Mr Show material.

As everyone has said, genuinely cringed throughout the woman teaching kids how to respond to bullying by... bullying them.

Mister Six

Quote from: JamesTC on July 28, 2022, 07:19:20 PMHad to pause it as I was laughing so much at Mike laughing at the lady with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

That and the riffs on bullying lady and Detective JD Bricabrac or whatever he's called had me cracking up. This is their best video in ages.

idunnosomename

i'm as bad as mike. i also cried laughing at the elderly person who had all the illnesses.

also

Spoiler alert
BLACK BALLS! MY FAVOURITE!
[close]

Mister Six

Easy to forget him, given the gold that followed, but did anyone think the Christian comedian looked like a low-budget Matthew Perry? I was surprised none of them noticed it, but maybe it was just me.

buzby

Quote from: Mister Six on July 28, 2022, 11:23:27 PMEasy to forget him, given the gold that followed, but did anyone think the Christian comedian looked like a low-budget Matthew Perry? I was surprised none of them noticed it, but maybe it was just me.
Not just you - my first thought on seeing him was 'Matthew Perry's let himself go even further'.

I'm sure I've seen Detective J.J .Bittenbinder on something before too - possibly that video clip thing Adam & Joe did? Apparently he lives in Wisconsin now too, so they should ask him along, if he's be up for it. He's not a fan of John Mulaney's stand-up routine about him though, so maybe not.

idunnosomename

for J. J. Bittenbinder I wanted to say good grief, William Howard Taft has lost a lot of weight

QDRPHNC

Someone on Reddit made this, apparently it's a real game.

QDRPHNC

Sonny_Jim

Mobbd

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 07, 2022, 03:08:48 PMSomeone on Reddit made this, apparently it's a real game.

Thanks for drawing our attention to this. Did they give it a mention on the Patreon? I tried to install this but my Windows laptop is too crappy and there's no version that will work with Chromebook. All fair enough.

It looks truly excellent. I just about satisfied my desire to play the game by watching this longplay/cheat vid by some awful English person.

The level of attention and love that went into this game is staggering. Just wonderful.

Here's where to download the game if you want to try it yourself: https://evilempire.itch.io/supervhs

Mobbd

It's so good that they've renwewed their efforts to make good-quality Half in the Bag. The last two episodes (with the new arc) are very good.

Nice to get a better look at that old radio cabinet on the Plinket set. And its always good to see, um, sexy black baby Jesus, of course.

QDRPHNC

Ralphthemoviemaker did a little walkthrough of the game too - nothing spectacular, but I rate Ralph as a good lad and more people should watch him.

It really does look great though, I might get my kid to install it on his Oculus so I can have a faff. Could be wrong, but I don't think RLM has acknowledged it yet, although Colin and Jim liked it on Twitter, so I'm sure they've seen it. Yeah the RLM account retweeted it.

Blumf

Watching those walk-throughs, that game really is a labour of love. Nice.

Is that really the layout of their studio?

Mobbd

Quote from: Blumf on August 10, 2022, 05:06:13 PMWatching those walk-throughs, that game really is a labour of love. Nice.

I wouldn't be surprised if some liberties were taken or a few guesses made but, after watching hundreds of hours of their nonsense from different angles, it looks about right to me.

Anyone else care to comment on this?

He didn't take us upstairs to the offices and the screening room though. I expect there will be demand!

PeteMK

Quote from: Mobbd on August 10, 2022, 01:59:40 PMIt looks truly excellent. I just about satisfied my desire to play the game by watching this longplay/cheat vid by some awful English person.

Hey, I resemble that remark! But thanks, seriously. Just wish I'd turned the booze down before making the video as the amount of bottles in harry's house, while accurate, really mucked about with the frame rate. I was going to just make a video showing all the little nods & callbacks, but changed my mind when I realised there was an actual point to the game

Quote from: Blumf on August 10, 2022, 05:06:13 PMWatching those walk-throughs, that game really is a labour of love. Nice.

Not quite. The individual sets are incredibly faithful, but their positions in the studio with respect to each other can change and be disassembled & reassembled in a few hours (see their various timelapses for details). Harry's house & the shop are correct (according to the video below), but not the workshop, and as noted in the game, the BOTW & Re:view videos are shot in front of the same curtain. The largest notable omission is the rear garage door, but once you get to the end of the game, you'll see what's on the other side of those unopenable doors.

PeteMK

As it happens, the RLM guys have just posted this. Should reveal everything you need to know

QDRPHNC

Brilliant! Love that it was a surprise to Rich. "Is this something official that happened and nobody told me about it?"

Fambo Number Mive

A lovely video from RLM, Mike and Rich clearly really like the game. I hope they bring out a Linux version as I use a Chromebook.

Blumf

Aw man, beautiful. But they never figured out the door before the crash.

Mobbd

Quote from: PeteMK on August 13, 2022, 01:17:27 PMHey, I resemble that remark! But thanks, seriously. Just wish I'd turned the booze down before making the video as the amount of bottles in harry's house, while accurate, really mucked about with the frame rate. I was going to just make a video showing all the little nods & callbacks, but changed my mind when I realised there was an actual point to the game

Hah! Excellent. Great video, Pete, and perfect timing.

Quote from: Blumf on August 13, 2022, 02:35:07 PMAw man, beautiful. But they never figured out the door before the crash.

Right! They never made it outside!

I love that they did an official take on the game. Mike looks astonished by the level of detail. I think he's feeling the fan love.

I think they're no stranger to works of fan art (the Rich Evans and Rem Lazar action figures are great) but they were clearly very impressed by this one and rightly so.

bgmnts

Why the fuck does that game look so good?

idunnosomename

Seems apt they never got the Night Court tape

idunnosomename

comment reminded me of this which shows this is not mike's first encounter with a "video game"

JamesTC

He was on a few Previously Recorded videos, but usually not paying attention to what was happening. The second clip in this compilation whilst Rich is playing Crazy Taxi is my favourite.

Blumf

Rich and Jay Re-View The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17N8_E40Nl0

Amazingly, Jay has not seen any of the Dollar Trilogy until now.

Personally, I prefer the first two.

Old Nehamkin

I don't know if I have a favourite movie, but if I do, it's probably The Good The Bad and The Ugly. Pleased that Jay loved it so much.