Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:19:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 - Welcome to our new ISIS Taliban overlords

Started by chveik, November 06, 2021, 12:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderful Butternut

Yeah, good day for refs.

Jota pen was not a pen. I feel the argument of whether he's been illegally prevented from getting to the ball again is somewhat moot when he changed direction to run into the goalie.

And then the Spurs disallowed goal? Wtf was that? I've made no secret of the fact I think Kane is a dirty, cheating shit who should be banned from playing football for at least 10,000 years, but he's barely touched Silva that time.

bgmnts

If a defender punches an attacker in the box but off the ball, is that not a penalty?

I dont understand the rules of football anymore. Maybe I never did.

Jota clearly went down easy and it shouldn't have been fussed over that much.

Admittedly I only watch rugby internationals but there are very few issues with TMO there. I know modern football is based around cheating so it's harder but fucking hell VAR is shite.

Vitamin C

Arteta trying to square up to Dyche over some goalie time wasting in the Arsenal-Burnley match was great. Only going to be one winner in that smackdown Mickey lad, and it ain't gonna be you. And of course Arteta would never encourage that kind of cheating from his team.

Kankurette

Earlier I was wondering what would happen if there was a Battle Royale of EPL managers and all 20 of them had to fight to the death, and concluded that Arteta would be one of the first to die. Dyche is ex-Millwall, he'd snap him like a twig.

Vitamin C

Dean Smith probably thinks he's a bit handy. Conte vs Klopp would be a battle of the weaves, with the two of them ripping great tufts of artificial hair out of each other's heads. Klopp parades around afterwards, theatrically chewing on a great wodge of Conte's hair. I'm somehow picturing Brendan Rogers getting all oiled up for the occasion. And Bielsa's enviable thigh strength would come in handy. This all sounds much better than the Premier League.

bgmnts

I'd give Bielsa  a good chance. He may actually bite someone.

The Culture Bunker

If Steve Bruce was still a PL manager, I reckon his fight style would be like Councillor Cox from Vic and Bob - head down, charging like a blind bull.

Kankurette

Bielsa is batshit insane, he's definitely be that wild card character everyone's scared of. He'd be one of the last men standing. Rodgers would just manipulate everyone. Conte would be easy to incite. Gerrard and Ferguson would end in a mutual kill.

king_tubby

Used as a pizza topping, eh, Romelu? That's any move to Italy scuppered now, mate.

king_tubby

bgmnts

That's eight this season right? Can we hit the record eleven in one season.

JamesTC

Quote from: bgmnts on January 24, 2022, 04:57:40 PMThat's eight this season right? Can we hit the record eleven in one season.

Considering who is front-runner for the Everton job (Vítor Pereira), I'm imagining he won't see the end of the season. Don't see any other really obvious sackings before the end of the season, though.

Kankurette

Wonderful Butternut

imitationleather

C'mon Comoros!

Might be questioning the wisdom of putting one of their shortest defenders in goal by the end of the match though, Clive.

Wonderful Butternut

Can imagine the tactical approach:

"Right lads, do not let them get so much as a fucking cross in. Let alone an actual shot."

imitationleather

buttgammon

Poor Comoros! The one time I played in the Cup of Nations on FM, I had the opposite problem - my Mali team was depleted with injuries among outfield players so I had to start the semi-final with our back-up keeper up front. He scored but we still lost.

Inspector Norse

Wonderful Butternut

imitationleather

chveik

yeah he's a great player. my club will be fucked when he leaves

Poobum

Fascinating watching the highlights of the Comoros keeper. Showed how difficult it is to be a keeper, guy couldn't dive, more fell over, and had no reach. Makes me wonder what the hell Cameroon were up to only getting two goals, looked like any half decent shot on target placed away from him would have gone in.