Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:56:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Apprentice S16 - In this boardroom you don't get furloughed, you get fired...

Started by Malcy, December 12, 2021, 01:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Looking forward to this. Watched a couple of older series this year and still enjoyed them. Mainly because i remembered fuck all about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j679ptPnzAM

Starts 06/01

imitationleather

Used to enjoy the show. Despite Sugar being a twat I overlooked his faults as he made good telly. However now I think he's unbearable COVID-denying cunt who should be dead.

Hope this series gets zero viewers.

BritishHobo

Quote from: imitationleather on December 12, 2021, 02:23:17 AMUsed to enjoy the show. Despite Sugar being a twat I overlooked his faults as he made good telly. However now I think he's unbearable COVID-denying cunt who should be dead.

Hope this series gets zero viewers.

Yeah, it's going to be tricky. I've always groaned at the aspect of the show where everyone fawns over the smug skeleton cunt as if he's the greatest mind of our time, but it's become increasingly clear in the last few years quite what a contemptible waste of air he is. Will make him a far more unbearable watch, as they all bow and prostrate themselves before his brilliance. All the while, thanks to his tweets, we've seen the kind of dull, witlessness that populates his brain.

Kankurette

That fucking show gave us Katie Hopkins. I used to watch it but just got bored of it in the end.

Fambo Number Mive

Watching that trailer gives me the answer to "what would be a worse OCP creation than ED-209"

Robo-Sugar.

amateur

I liked the tasks where they had to drive all over London looking for shit things to buy.

Hat FM

i wonder what would happen to the viewership if sugar was replaced with someone that young people recognised and had recognition of their success.

BritishHobo

mjwilson

Gurke and Hare

Ferris

QuoteBrittany Carter is looking for Lord Sugar's help launching her business idea for the first alcoholic protein drink.

Where do you get your crazy ideas from?

dr beat

I've enjoyed the last few series now that they've seemed to drop any pretence about it being any kind of serious business programme and basically it's a game show.  Sugar even seems to be having fun and its had an end of term feel.

dr beat

I thought the alcoholic protein shake idea was initially ludicrous but tbf my first port of call after the gym is the pub.

The Amstrad engine is really starting to show it's age now, the character creation system is bobbins.

It's easier to be fooled by this one, but look at the nose, they've just tilted her head and taken her lippy off.

jobotic

Quote from: Hat FM on December 13, 2021, 05:30:44 PMi wonder what would happen to the viewership if sugar was replaced with someone that young people recognised and had recognition of their success.

Tim Wetherspoons?

Hope someone gets Covid and Sugar bollocks them as there's no such thing then he ends up on a vent

paruses

Quote from: dr beat on January 05, 2022, 12:29:47 AMI've enjoyed the last few series now that they've seemed to drop any pretence about it being any kind of serious business programme and basically it's a game show.  Sugar even seems to be having fun and its had an end of term feel.

It's probably going back to 2017 now but that's when I started to enjoy it. Before that it was just the same kind of aspiring management arseholes I used to work with at a big IT Consultancy - self-confidence and little ability. Then it went like good Big Brother, then it went like Channel 5 Big Brother and I dropped out again.

paruses

Quote from: kalowski on January 05, 2022, 07:58:28 AM
Never forget.

Irritating thing about that is Sugar just points out how many millions it made him. However. worth it for hearing Bob Mortimer be puzzled by the concept on RHLSTP - "What? So you you're talking and say 'hang on a minute, I'm just going to type this next bit'?"

Hat FM

Quote from: Ferris on January 05, 2022, 12:08:20 AMWhere do you get your crazy ideas from?

i was going to suggest that an alcoholic protein drink sounds like the kind of thing that mr peanut butter would be hawking. odd that the girl from kent describes herself as 'an east london girl'.

Malcy

Not even past the intro yet and can tell that a fair few of them are going to be really annoying.

Guaranteed a right good argument or two with this lot.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

What are the chances that one of the boys' team is gonna end up chinning one of their teammates by the end of episode 1?

Putting these six Alphas in any confined space will not end well.

touchingcloth

Wireframes wanted to belt Harry up the arse from the looks of Yer Fired.

Blue Jam

Alberon

As usual with the first week (and actually quite often on this show) it's not which team succeeds but which one is less shit.

THAT logo though, better than the mad chakras idea, but still astoundingly awful.

Blue Jam

Bit of a baptism of fire to have the advertising task in the first week.

That logo really did look like a wilted salad leaf/anthropomorphised seasickness though. I had no idea what that goatse-esque doodle on the notepad was supposed to be but even that was better.

touchingcloth

The advertising task is always a lowlight for me, and more so than any other task even competent people would fail it badly given the mad artificial constraints of things like market research and team discussions taking place, but only after everything is finished.

If I'd have been on the branding team I'd have called it Fait Accompli, then at least when the inevitable happens and the other team calls it all out as shit you can be like chill, lads, it's a fait accompli.

touchingcloth