Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:04:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Apprentice S16 - In this boardroom you don't get furloughed, you get fired...

Started by Malcy, December 12, 2021, 01:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

"I've been in and around the drinks industry my whole life" sounds like a euphemism for being constantly in the pub.

touchingcloth

Yet the voiceovers and name cards have consistently referred to him as a "finance manager" or something. Does he do the books for a pub?

Dr Rock

Malcy

I was surprised the American didn't go. She looked so miffed that everyone thought her bland old fashioned label was bland and old fashioned. Right pain in the arse.

Agree that the TL for the losing team was a right arsehole in the boardroom at the end. Can't be long for either of them.

Anyone got an guess of who will win yet? Early I know, I'm still in that first few weeks stage where someone speaks and you wonder who they are as it's like you've never seen them before. Liking Nick's stand-in. Looks like he's really enjoying it and he's nailing those reaction faces already.

Malcy

And I still don't know anyone's name really as you've probably guessed. Great telly though.

Jasha

Quote from: Malcy on January 21, 2022, 08:00:04 PMI was surprised the American didn't go. She looked so miffed that everyone thought her bland old fashioned label was bland and old fashioned. Right pain in the arse.

Anyone got an guess of who will win yet? Early I know, I'm still in that first few weeks stage where someone speaks and you wonder who they are as it's like you've never seen them before.

Edited to show her looking up her own arse after designing the label writing the feem toon singing the feem toon, looked a cert to go (and didn't waste any time pointing the finger).

One of small lass with the dark hair getting the hump with Nick Showering.
One of the blondes.
White bloke who wanted to knock up another trail batch

touchingcloth

Milo

I'm finding that the brief scenes at the start of the episodes with pretty women waking up in comfy domestic clothes and yawning are triggering terrible loneliness. I'm usually broadly fine but those scenes don't half do me in.

mjwilson

I quite liked the design of the label on the bottle. OK it might not have been right for this particular context, but it seemed relatively well-done to me (for an Apprentice task knocked out by inexperienced goons inside just a few hours).

Spode

Can't be many more raised platforms left in London for Sugar to deliver the tasks from, the bad shortarse.

He's going to have to start delivering them from the top of the Shard with the contestants just pointing up at him from the house garden like Hulk Hogan and the Wall.

Ray Travez

Quote from: mjwilson on January 21, 2022, 09:51:55 PMI quite liked the design of the label on the bottle. OK it might not have been right for this particular context, but it seemed relatively well-done to me (for an Apprentice task knocked out by inexperienced goons inside just a few hours).

I quite liked it as well. Reminded me of a classic Penguin book cover.

Psybro

Quote from: Spode on January 21, 2022, 10:18:04 PMHe's going to have to start delivering them from the top of the Shard with the contestants just pointing up at him from the house garden like Hulk Hogan and the Wall.

Karrren Brady screaming "THAT'S THE SHUG, BROTHER!"

Crenners

Thought the beer label looked like a cross between a Rekorderlig rip-off and Monopoly properties, i.e. Pretty decent, very British, would have thought it would go down well these days with cunts.

touchingcloth

This is the most bizarre task I've ever seen - it feels like three episodes tacked together.

Why do they keep saying kay gees instead of kilos?

Gurke and Hare

They only did this task so Shugs could make that sole trader joke.

It looks like the actual cooking bit with this is just them picking from a list of recipes, which is rubbish - after catching all that crab they could have just done crab rolls and sold at a good markup.

Gurke and Hare

Alex has to go here doesn't he? Fucked up on selling the crab to the restaurant, on setting a delivery time and then called out for lying about both of them, then picked a recipe which didn't take advantage of all the crab they had and would have been quicker to make and easier to sell than what they came up with.

Dr Rock

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 27, 2022, 09:51:15 PM'old fisherwoman's story'? That's not a phrase Sugar you tit

Ha, I literally said the same thing. But then I doubted myself until seeing your post :(

Ray Travez

I reckon he said 'fishwife's tale' in take one and was advised to change it

Blue Jam

Quote from: Ray Travez on January 27, 2022, 10:23:39 PMI reckon he said 'fishwife's tale' in take one and was advised to change it

Or maybe Danny Baker wrote "old wive's tale" and then thought "Oops, don't want to get in trouble again".

Is Danny Baker still on joke writing duty for this?

Alberon

This was less an episode of The Apprentice and more the Generation Game. First they had to catch their fish and then prepare it after a single demonstration from a chef.

The one who had a face perpetually like he'd just been slapped hard was a gonner from the point he became PM.

Lord Suga looks more and more like an puppet each week. He's being animated for the second time next week and even that crap CGI seems more lifelike.

Malcy

His comments in The Responder are properly putting me off watching the rest of the series or at the very least just watching the challenge part and then skipping all his shite but next weeks looks like gold.

I watched this weeks in 3 very drunken segments so lost all train of what was going on but what WAS going on? Why go catch fish if they could buy it the next day? There was no guarantee they would catch anything. Was that 'free' and not impactful in the total income?

Jasha

Boardroom pun-o-meter was off the scale, as was the sycophantic laughter

mjwilson

Pretty sure that not even the winning team made minimum wage on it.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Malcy on January 29, 2022, 08:42:07 PMI watched this weeks in 3 very drunken segments so lost all train of what was going on but what WAS going on? Why go catch fish if they could buy it the next day? There was no guarantee they would catch anything. Was that 'free' and not impactful in the total income?

It was a stroke of genius by the production team to save their camera crews having to run through a town chasing the shiny suits. Stick em on a boat with a single camera, and they can catch all of the action without expending any more effort than it takes to turn on the spot. Very canny bit of cost saving in response to the BBC cuts.

oggyraiding

Is Deadliest Catch all a big lie? They make it seem like crab fishing is risky business, but if three entrepreneurs with no experience can do it with minimal training, something is amiss.

Alberon

Well he won't stick around as an MP once he's thrown out of Number 10, but it would make it a very different show.

Lord Testicle Head can't be doing it much longer, will the show be 'rested' or will they get Karrren Brady to take over? Her withering scorn would work very well in the big chair.

gilbertharding

Design a computer game this week?

I shan't watch it - I never do - but please can I read a comprehensive summary of it here?

I reckon Alan Sugar is someone who knows even less than I do about the subject.