Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Foundation (2021 TV series based on Asimov)

Started by NoSleep, January 17, 2022, 11:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Couldn't find a thread for this, so wondered if it had passed others by as it had me. Was watching an interview with Alexander O. Smith, the translator of numerous Square games and he was bigging this series up, so I thought to check it out, and it is rather good. Like the TV series Rome had a baby with Dune (I'm guessing the latter likely owes much to the original Asimov books).

Crap trailer:

Dex Sawash

I liked it OK but only watched 5 or 6 of them. Never read a book though. Really liked the woman who was guardian of the obelisk or whatever it was she did.

bakabaka

I watched them all but didn't take in anything but tawny vs. teal. Teal kept winning, which didn't seem right.

NoSleep

Quite a lot of red, too. The opening credits were very similar to Daredevil but with a sand theme instead of ink/paint/blood.

-------

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 18, 2022, 12:04:11 PMI liked it OK but only watched 5 or 6 of them. Never read a book though. Really liked the woman who was guardian of the obelisk or whatever it was she did.

The three main women and the clones made up for Jared Harris, who was firing on the same failing cylinder that he attempted in The Expanse. Not having read the books I had no cause to be offended by the series, although it was clear they were incorporating concepts (like the black hole) that were probably not present in the books. On its own terms it was good enough for me to binge watch over the last week (i.e. I didn't abandon it on the first episode, as many series often are).

Alberon

Just realised I never finished this series and I've no intention to. Proper galaxy-spanning space opera is very much my favourite genre as well.

Beyond the name and a vague outline of the story this really isn't Asimov's Foundation.