Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

For All Mankind S3 (apple tv show)

Started by Dex Sawash, June 12, 2022, 03:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Link to the s2 thread post
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=87473.0

Watched s3 e1 last night still pretty entertaining alternate history bollocks. Nobody remembers the Beatles broke up.

hamfist

I loved this, will get back into it maybe as early as tonight-ah

Chairman Yang

Nice! I thought this had been quietly destroyed. It's going to be interesting now we're sort of entering the speculative technology part of the show. I'm expecting Metal Gear Solid with more baseball.

Dex Sawash

Dex Sawash

When the NASA team member Sylvie

Spoiler alert
was introduced, I said hiya redshirt, mate.
[close]

Later I said

Spoiler alert
oh nos don't go outside redshirt!
[close]

Dex Sawash

This week's episode pretty weak.

Reckon Danny is going to

Spoiler alert
push Joel Kinnamen out an airlock
[close]

hamfist

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 09, 2022, 01:17:49 PMThis week's episode pretty weak.

Reckon Danny is going to

Spoiler alert
push Joel Kinnamen out an airlock
[close]

he's gonna tell him

Spoiler alert
he did a ballistic re-entry on his wife
[close]

I really love this show, feels very straightforward and old fashioned somehow. Even I understand what's going on.

Chairman Yang

Ohoho, Ellen and Larry doing exactly what they've always done and covering their own arses, colour me surprised! Love it.

In fact I generally liked how petty and miserable everyone was. The show does a good trade in tricking you into this utopian thinking because everyone has iPads.

Danny is definitely going on a killing spree.

hamfist

Danny's going full on Private Pyle I reckon.

Alberon

Way behind on watching this show, I really have to catch up.

But one bit of good news is that it has been renewed for a fourth season.

Quote"I'm thrilled that we get to keep going forward in this amazing story," Moore told Deadline. "Right from the beginning it was my hope that it would be a long, multi-year journey. "It's gratifying to see what we've done and I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do in the future."

"I couldn't be more excited to continue evolving our show into the 2000s in Season 4," said Wolpert.

"The reaction to Season 3 so far has been incredible," noted Nedivi. "I'm thrilled Apple is giving us this opportunity to continue telling our story. Ron, Matt and I have always had a long-term plan for the show and the deeper we get into our alt history, the more the audience will start to see that vision come to life."

hamfist

Well this has taken a turn !

Spoiler alert
everybody is now magnificently gay, and there's a Nork spaceman on the prowl !
[close]

Dex Sawash

Quote from: hamfist on August 05, 2022, 11:16:46 PMWell this has taken a turn !

Spoiler alert
everybody is now magnificently gay, and there's a Nork spaceman on the prowl !
[close]

Can't decide if that was just too much at the end there.

aunt mildred

I'm up to E7 and enjoying how daft it's getting, 'who could possibly have leaked all this shit to the Russians?'. It couldn't possibly be the one who's shagging the russian spy who was together with him in mission control two episodes before.

Then you've got the Nicholas Hoult guy deciding to go mental because he can't shag the main guys ex-wife anymore. Haha love it.

Dex Sawash

Chairman Yang

Loved this series. Tense sci-fi at the start, deranged nonsense at the end.

I'm a little worried about what happens as the show reaches the modern day and tries to... avoid? indict? contemporary affairs. But at least somebody is bound to be crushed by a robot on Neptune or something, so it'll be great.

Dex Sawash

Bonkers final episode. S4 Mission to Uranus?

Was the
Spoiler alert
Nork having a video chat with his wife near the end?
[close]

Did Molly
Spoiler alert
step off a ledge
[close]
?

hamfist

Just caught up with this.

What a load of daft bollocks.

Spoiler alert
I loved it
[close]

hamfist

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 15, 2022, 02:26:43 AMBonkers final episode. S4 Mission to Uranus?

Was the
Spoiler alert
Nork having a video chat with his wife near the end?
[close]

Did Molly
Spoiler alert
step off a ledge
[close]
?

I think that

Spoiler alert
Molly went heroically back inside JSC, walked right past some injured survivors saying "ain't no-one got their shit busted by sittin' on their ass" or something like that, stepped through a doorway and got sparks on her blouse, then fell over forwards like a toy robot with her legs still moving and smoke coming out of her scalp while repeating something like "I didn't bust your ass to get shit on my ass back in '69"
[close]

aunt mildred

Quote from: hamfist on September 03, 2022, 09:17:30 AMI think that

Spoiler alert
Molly went heroically back inside JSC, walked right past some injured survivors saying "ain't no-one got their shit busted by sittin' on their ass" or something like that, stepped through a doorway and got sparks on her blouse, then fell over forwards like a toy robot with her legs still moving and smoke coming out of her scalp while repeating something like "I didn't bust your ass to get shit on my ass back in '69"
[close]

Haha that's deffo what happened. I will miss Molly in the next series.

hamfist

Well, it's back and everyone is elderly now. Sillier than ever. Why does everyone talk to the adult Vietnamese woman as though she's a child ? Will there be a worker's uprising ? A defection TO North Korea while on Mars ?

Guilty pleasures for Friday nights are BACK.

Chairman Yang

For Old Mankind, anyone done that yet?

Slow start, hoping for a few more horrifying space accidents as the Martian Communist revolution happens.

Dex Sawash

Watched e1 and found it to not be daft enough

backdrifter

I'll probably finish this season, but I think it's lost the magic :(