Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:23:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

cinch Heritage: Scottish Premiership Thread 2022/23

Started by Joe Qunt, July 29, 2022, 09:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the hum

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 03, 2022, 07:58:34 AMHearts have a much better chance: if they beat Linfield/FC Zurich they qualify for the Europa League, the first Scottish club outside of Glasgow to play in the group stages since 2004! It's been pitiful across the board for a long time but there are green shoots of improvement...

Don't forget Aberdeen in the UEFA Cup group stages in 2007, and that wonderful gung-ho win over FC Copenhagen. They qualified from their group too!

I've seen some Hearts fans suggest it might be better to take the hit of a loss in the playoff and drop into the Conference league, from a points and further progress point of view, as even a third place finish in the Europa groups (which would, I believe, mean a place in the latter stages of the Conference) would be a tough ask, looking at the other teams in the pots.

LordMorgan

As a Kilmarnock fan I think we will definitely stay up, and maybe even sneak the top 6.
The fist match of the season vs Dundee Utd was very encouraging. I think It was a real coup getting Derek McInnes and I think if he adds a couple of more faces, the squad is in good shape

Rangers away this Saturday, i fancy is to sneak a draw..1-1

Rizla

Quote from: Joe Qunt on August 02, 2022, 04:17:26 PMI always check on Dumbarton, just because they've got an elephant in their badge.
And one of the legit greatest songs in all of football.

Joe Qunt

Quote from: Rizla on August 03, 2022, 06:41:57 PMAnd one of the legit greatest songs in all of football.

Lethal tune! Get rid of the chintzy synth and you've got a mid-eighties chart song there.

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on August 03, 2022, 10:54:10 AMCappielow park is a fantastic wee stadium. The, um, bus seats weren't in the dugout last time I was there though:
https://twitter.com/morton_fc/status/1148537388060295168

Cappielow is certainly rough and ready - a proper old-school football ground though. In my one and only visit (to the away end for an early-season League Cup tie some years ago) I stood on a terracing at one end that seemed to be built largely from railway sleepers and tar (with bench seating that nobody actually sat on). Got tar stuck to the bottom of my shiny office shoes, having gone straight from work.

monkfromhavana

I think the Scottish league is still missing Brechin's hedge.

the hum

Iconic. I think Brechin might be back sooner rather than later though. Highland league is relatively weak these days, as the bulk of the stronger sides have already made their way to the SPFL.

Blinder Data

Dundee United v AZ Alkmaar live now on BBC Scotland, cinch fans!

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 04, 2022, 08:00:31 PMDundee United v AZ Alkmaar live now on BBC Scotland, cinch fans!

Brilliant.

Do you know if BBC Alba still broadcast lower league Scottish games?

Joe Qunt

Checking out the second half now. Fletcher just missed a sitter.

Joe Qunt

Blinder Data

'Mon the Arabs! (Is it still OK to call them that?)

Quote from: monkfromhavana on August 04, 2022, 08:31:16 PMDo you know if BBC Alba still broadcast lower league Scottish games?

For the Championship, yes. Full details on SPFL website: https://spfl.co.uk/league/championship/fixtures

Pretty good performance there from United. Was just thinking they hadn't made many chances when they scored that cracker. Got to think that Alkmaar will be better in the second leg though.

Joe Qunt

Great result for the Arabs there [note to self: check if ok to say]. As Clatter says, AZ will doubtlessly be stronger and put out a much better performance but you can't help but love this result. Unless you're a Dundee fan, in which case, tough luck.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 04, 2022, 09:28:15 PM'Mon the Arabs! (Is it still OK to call them that?)

For the Championship, yes. Full details on SPFL website: https://spfl.co.uk/league/championship/fixtures

Great, thanks!

Thought the Tangerines (you racist bastard) were well on top, the bit I watched Alkmaar looked pretty shit. Tougher in second leg but no away goal and a lead to hold onto...could be done.

GMTV

Didn't watch it but great result for Dundee utd. Pleased for Glenn Middleton too, a decent player but didn't quite make it at rangers. Would be great if all the teams in Europe could get to group stages and maybe get a few good results too.

Povidone

Reckon Dundee Utd will be decent this season, top six finish for sure. Not looking forward to playing them Jack Ross has everything to prove against us and they've always been a tricky team to beat anyway.

Summoning up some enthusiasm for derby tomorrow, I'll be working but Sportscene will be on in the van...

Dream big: 1-0 Hibs

the hum

Paul Lambert rumoured for the Motherwell job, as if they haven't suffered enough.

Joe Qunt

Good win yesterday, touch shaky towards the end but we were great for the majority of the game. Jota was unplayable, fantastic performance. Nice to see Jenz getting a goal on his debut and for Kyogo to get off the mark.

Highlight of the match was that screamer from Abada. I think he has a great chance of getting top goalscorer this season. Wouldn't surprise me.

Rizla

Renewed my Hibs season ticket after all, and took the lad to his first game today. Think it was bit much for him, he's 4. (I'm not bothered if he likes football or not, by the way, I didn't when I was little, it's just I have to buy a child's ticket too if I want to stay in the same seat I've been in for years and it's the same price to do that as it is to sit in a different stand. So I thought I might as well drag him along).

Anyway, pleasant surprise to see Martin Boyle back on loan, swooping in at the 11th hour (he literally only registered at 11pm last night seemingly). I'm a bit less pessimistic about the season ahead now, there could actually be a decent team in there.

Hearts looked pretty strong, Shankland should have a good season - his goal looked pretty handbally on rewatching, but we can't complain because some of our bellends assaulted a Hearts player with chips and a lighter. - Cochrane it was, I was impressed with the lad's composure.

monkfromhavana

Rizla

Quote from: monkfromhavana on August 08, 2022, 10:06:24 AMIs Nisbet still at Hibs? he looked great.
He is, but he done his cruciates in a game against Celtic back in February. Looked bad, 9 months out they said at the time, so who knows if we'll see him back this year.

Joe Qunt

Apparently Celtic flirted with the possibility of signing Ross Barkley on loan. Jesus wept. That's the kind of shit the huns would do. Thankfully it's been discredited by some reputable sources but it annoyed me how many people thought it was a good idea.

monkfromhavana

That Cudjoe doesn't look like he'll be at Dundee United for long.

Joe Qunt

Quote from: monkfromhavana on August 09, 2022, 02:43:49 PMThat Cudjoe doesn't look like he'll be at Dundee United for long.

He's got that dawg in him.

GMTV

Quote from: Joe Qunt on August 09, 2022, 11:10:37 AMApparently Celtic flirted with the possibility of signing Ross Barkley on loan. Jesus wept. That's the kind of shit the huns would do. Thankfully it's been discredited by some reputable sources but it annoyed me how many people thought it was a good idea.

Somehow got ourselves through to the last qualifier against PSV (which we will likely lose), then in here for a quick drink of those delicious bitter tears. Nice night all in.

Well, Dundee United's second leg isn't going very well is it? Their new keeper is having a mare.

the hum

Heads are gone Archie.

(yes, I hereby nominate Archie to be this thread's Clive)