Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Andor.

Started by Glebe, August 01, 2022, 06:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Teaser:

New trailer:

Wasn't hugely exciting when I first heard about this but it feels like it could be the dark horse of Star Wars TV.

Spoiler alert
Saw Gerrera's 'return'
[close]
is revealed in the new trailer and Mon 'Many Bothans' Mothma is back for more fun, joined by Stellan Skarsgård (Baron Harkonnen in Star Wars!) and Fiona Shaw from them Harry Potter films et al.

Of course it turn out to be well shit but it at least hasn't been as burdened with expectations as previous SW shows.

Josef K

Disney's done its best to kill any excitement I have for Star Wars but this looks brilliant. Possibly because it's not using The Volume to generate every background - remember real locations!!?

Wonderful Butternut

When does the guy who cleans The Emperor's bathroom on the Death Star get his own series?

Glebe

Quote from: Josef K on August 01, 2022, 07:07:16 PMDisney's done its best to kill any excitement I have for Star Wars but this looks brilliant. Possibly because it's not using The Volume to generate every background - remember real locations!!?

Yeah, definite plus point. Just saw that this was filmed in Scotland apparently.

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on August 01, 2022, 07:20:58 PMWhen does the guy who cleans The Emperor's bathroom on the Death Star get his own series?

They have to do the series about Vader being temporarily demoted first.

Dex Sawash

I like Diego Luna and ewoks

Dex Sawash

Just rewatched trailer on the big tv and it made me a little excited and now I hate myself.

Glebe

They're releasing the first three episodes simultaneously, so you can binge them as a kind of feature-length pilot!

jfjnpxmy

A very indecisive title.

JesusAndYourBush

I thought it was Endor, or has that just been Mandela'd?

Mister Six

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on August 04, 2022, 03:24:32 PMI thought it was Endor, or has that just been Mandela'd?

Apparently that's the name of the bloke with the beard, which is confusing.

Looks really nice, unlike the Obi-wan show (for some reason), and that's a cracking cast, but I don't really care about Generic Handsome Man. If the star were Stellan Skarsgard I'd definitely give it a whirl, but he's probably going to die halfway through, so fuck it.

Hope Star Wars fans have a good time, but how much mileage can you really get out of explaining the backstory of the Rebellion? The main reason why the original trilogy works and the other two trilogies don't is that you don't have to pour out loads of exposition to justify the central conflict. Audiences have been conditioned to immediately, intuitively understand the evil empire/plucky rebels dynamic. Filling in the details about how Princess Leia's chums got some spaceships and built some bases isn't as interesting as what they eventually do with those spaceships and bases. And we already know that.

Bad Ambassador

This and Mando 3 are the only SW live action media on the horizon, so you're going to have to get used to the same old stories for now.

Dex Sawash

I have been absolutely gagging for some more imperial senate coverage. Probably just get a scene set in the maintenance shed for the senate saucers.

Oh, shit itsgonna be Bobby Frick fixin the senate saucers!

surreal

Quote from: Mister Six on August 04, 2022, 04:05:58 PMApparently that's the name of the bloke with the beard, which is confusing.

He was the male lead in Rogue One if that helps, so this is his backstory

George White

Also, Stanley Townsend's in it - connecting SW to Nighthawks and Fortycoats and Co.

Glebe

Quote from: George White on August 07, 2022, 11:24:37 AMAlso, Stanley Townsend's in it - connecting SW to Nighthawks and Fortycoats and Co.

Crikey.

phantom_power

Quote from: George White on August 07, 2022, 11:24:37 AMAlso, Stanley Townsend's in it - connecting SW to Nighthawks and Fortycoats and Co.

As is Alex "Trevor from Eastenders" Ferns

George White

And David Hayman too, apparently.
And Anton Lesser.

Glebe

dontpaintyourteeth

This Andor/Endor thing is fucking me up, can't even go "why would a wookie want to live there" and exchange high fives with other fat middle aged blokes who remember old South Park episodes.

Dex Sawash

Neomod

Rogue One has been my favourite, well the only one that I thought captured the spirit of the originals, from the Disney Star Wars content.

Therefore I may watch this.

GoblinAhFuckScary

how bout less ANDOR and moooore NAAAANDOOOOORRRR AMMMIRIIIIITE

Dex Sawash

I just hope the Preox-Morlana Corporate Zone gets a proper showcase in this

Dex Sawash

Ronalandor

Spoiler alert
shoot first
[close]

Lord Mandrake

This is good but no mention of Woodoo hide yet.

Dex Sawash

First 2 were ok but wasn't motivated to push through the 3rd one.

The pig-dog

Spoiler alert
pissing on the bot
[close]
can FRO

oggyraiding

I think we've got too much Star Wars now. It's unnecessary. Scale it back to 3 films over a 5 year period, and then have a thirty year gap between them. Cool, Mandalorian man is really cool and there's a baby Yoda, cool. But it's inconsequential. It's nowhere near as good as the droid factory in episode 2, also there's no General Grievous, it's just not needed in the current world.

Neomod

First episode has me intrigued although the first five minutes were very Blade Runner.

Seems a bit grittier to what we've seen so far from Disney.

BlodwynPig

Lord Mandrake

Seen the 3 and what's elevating it above Obi Wan and even The Mandalorian for me is the superb supporting cast. No shade on Diego Luna, he's doing a fine job and of course yer Skarsgarrd is impeccable. Lived in? Everything is caked in shit.