Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:58:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2022/23 - [Redacted] is available for selection

Started by JamesTC, August 05, 2022, 04:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

ETA: no, that's fucking gross.
Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 08, 2022, 02:33:39 PMSo Manchester United have decided to solve their central midfield issues by signing an underperforming Frenchman with an oversized ego and lengthy history of clashes and off-field issues from Juventus.
It worked out so well last time!

DrGreggles

Amazing Watford goal earlier.

He certainly SARR the keeper off his line!*

*watch and learn, Lineker, watch and learn

FalknerHinton

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 08, 2022, 10:15:47 PMAmazing Watford goal earlier.

He certainly SARR the keeper off his line!*

*watch and learn, Lineker, watch and learn

EOLAN

I was more impressed with Joao Pedro's header dribble. Didn't even get a replay.

Kankurette

Psybro

I'd be more impressed by that goal if I hadn't seen some bloke playing for Worsbrough Bridge do it in the tenth tier:
https://youtu.be/esJVX5Opb3A?t=3m24s

jamiefairlie

Quote from: kalowski on August 09, 2022, 04:36:13 PMThis is the greatest thing I have seen in years.

They can't help themselves can they? It's as if they're proud of their essential cuntiness.

FalknerHinton

Wonderful Butternut

The sheer masculinity has caused me to grow a second set of testicles. I have Quad Balls now, bitch.

Kankurette

BlodwynPig

Kankurette

Allen Saint Maximin is a member of a board games club, which is possibly the sweetest thing I've heard about a footballer in ages.

QuoteSpeaking of cult heroes, here's Newcastle's Allan Saint-Maximin handing a Rolex to a Newcastle fan who, you have to say, could've looked a bit more excited about randomly receiving a ten grand timepiece.

Although it turns out it wasn't a random gift - Saint-Maximin knows the guy from the local board game community, in which he is an active member.

In fact, the Frenchman released his own card game called Helios, based on Greek mythology, his favourite subject.

He explained earlier this year: "I tested it with friends. We started to play small tournaments at home. It took two and a half years -  but I am really happy that I didn't stop."

He invited 40 Geordies to the launch event at a local hotel where he spent nine hours teaching them the rules and giving cash prizes to the winners.

What a man.

Joe Qunt

Quote from: Kankurette on August 10, 2022, 09:34:10 AMAllen Saint Maximin is a member of a board games club, which is possibly the sweetest thing I've heard about a footballer in ages.

Sweating into his Gucci headband as he gets fucked over on a sheep-timber trade deal in Catan.

jobotic

Quote from: kalowski on August 09, 2022, 04:36:13 PMThis is the greatest thing I have seen in years.

Who are they? Apart from three of the thousands of identical men in Wetherspoons up and down the country.

The thing with all the tops is a piss take, surely?

Kankurette

He'd definitely beat Jermaine Pennant in a game of Scrabble.

FalknerHinton

The BBC would like you to select your "greatest all-time Premier League team"  from the last 30 years. As it's a bit quiet at the moment I figured why not.

I went for the classic 4-4-2 but you can choose your formation, if you want to pick Ian Wright alongside Bergkamp and Cantona like I'm thinking I should have done.

I picked Keane and Vieira mostly because you know they'd kick lumps out of each other.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61909781

Quote from: FalknerHinton on August 10, 2022, 03:14:12 PMThe BBC would like you to select your "greatest all-time Premier League team"  from the last 30 years. As it's a bit quiet at the moment I figured why not.

I went for the classic 4-4-2 but you can choose your formation, if you want to pick Ian Wright alongside Bergkamp and Cantona like I'm thinking I should have done.

I picked Keane and Vieira mostly because you know they'd kick lumps out of each other.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61909781

Why have you picked 2 right backs?

Joe Qunt

Easy for me. Please bear in mind I was born in 2000 AD.

FalknerHinton

phes

Fucking João Cancello in there after one good season. Well done for buying football

Don't see Berbatov or Prosinecki so these joyless BBC shits can grave (edited on realising Prosinecki was div 1, wasn't he)

Still grave

jamiefairlie

[/quote]
Quote from: Joe Qunt on August 10, 2022, 03:31:35 PM

Easy for me. Please bear in mind I was born in 2000 AD.

Is this the top cunts team?

Joe Qunt

PowerButchi

The fact you can't pick Keiffer Moore is a fucking disgrace.

Gurke and Hare

It doesn't have Jaap Stam so it's fundamentally broken.

Kankurette

Mine's probably got everyone except the goalie (it's Peter Schmeichel, in case you're wondering) playing out of position. I didn't bother double checking who plays on the right and who plays on the left.

ETA: can one play Henry and Shearer up front or are they incompatible?