Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:40:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleeding Kansas

Bhazor

That would be tits. Here's hoping for a Mushroom Kingdom civ so that we can see Peach's war face.

Twed

Toad would be more nuke-happy than Ghandi.

madhair60

Quote from: Twed on September 07, 2018, 01:48:25 PM
Toad would be more nuke-happy than Ghandi.

Ready fer annihilation! (Recorder music)

Kelvin

Direct is now coming tomorrow, at 11pm (uk time).

madhair60

Bhazor

Leisure Suit Larry + Animal Crossing was totally unexpected but can't wait to sample Madame Isabelle's prozzies.

madhair60

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 13, 2018, 11:49:47 AM
Leisure Suit Larry + Animal Crossing was totally unexpected but can't wait to sample Madame Isabelle's prozzies.

Do NOT sexualise Isabelle. She is not for sexual.

I wouldn't shag that old trout with yours but I'm gonna blow my entire remortgage on her prozzies.

Bhazor

Mayor Pauline for 3D Sex Villa

madhair60

Bhazor

CHC98 RÉUNION. HARDWANKIN TIL HIGH NOON.

Bhazor

Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh smart phone app

Kelvin

Middling Direct. New charachter for smash, but one I don't care about. Tons of ports. Yoshi looks okay, but unremarkable. Two big game announcements, but one doesn't interest me, and the other would, but is clearly being developed by people whose previous work on the series I didn't much like. Of the stuff shown, I honestly think that generic Mech game (Daemon x Machina) is the only one that I'm moderately  excited about.

Kelvin

Oh, and the internet service looks every bit as crap as I expected, but was pitched as if cloud saves and basic online play were this amazing treat for us all.

Get some kip, see it with fresh eyes, gang. Maybe the best Direct. Can't wait to play Tecmo Bowl online. Hope I can save all my friggin screenshot to the cloud. Love the new mobile phone app update and let's just say it I think it's time to get back into SplatNet2. Luigi Mandsion 3DS is gonna go offffff in the meantime. Sick shadow drop and shadow announcements.

I'm actually looking forward to Yoshi now, it looks really creative. FF7 I'll finally finish on the Switch. AC is the ultimate comfort blanket game for young professionals. Diabolo Tre looks OK. Can't remember but what a ride.

Bhazor

Awww yes, Cities Skylines. That'll be tits. Sadly no Mushroom Kingdom civ in Civ VI though.

Da na na na na na Katamari Damacy!

All the classic PS2 Final Fantasy games everyone loves. And Final Fantasy 12 is there too.

Some Capcom brawlers I haven't even heard of. Which is great!

Some shocking frame rates in some of those clips.

Kelvin

2019 is looking much better than this year, at least. Both big first party announcements from this direct, plus Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi's Crafted World, the New Super Mario Bros U port, Daemon X Machina, and a proper pokemon game. 5 main line Final Fantasys, too.

Kelvin

Is that Starlink game series any good? The starfox one looks like it could be fun, but at 35 years old, I'm not buying a toy plane for £80. Can you just buy the games digitally, without the toys to life gimmick?

brat-sampson

Pretty sure Starlink's a new IP, so nobody knows if it's good or shite.

Decent direct. Some more nuggets for next year, decent shadow drops and a reminder that Imma buy TWEWY in October, which I keep forgetting exists. The brutal cocktease/blue-balls/redemption for Animal Crossing fans at the end was deliciously mean.

Agreed re. some of the frame-rates there though, particularly Skylines and Crystal Chronicles. I have to assume those were taken in portable mode for unfathomable reasons, or that there's time to improve them, because there's no way I want a framey version of a home console port.

Things like Cities Skylines and Diablo etc look fun but are clearly better suited for PC play...

Online can still suck it personally, I just don't need it. It's decent value though, compared to the cost of online for other home systems. $20 for a year? I mean, sure. I just don't really play anything online or give much of a fuck about NES games, so aside from cloud saves there's no real benefit. That could change with Smash etc though. I did laugh at the NES joycons that were slightly too big for the console. Strange design.

madhair60

Isabelle for Smash made me inordinately happy.

Bhazor

Animal Crossing resident anal fiend more like. You can't look at her and tell me she ain't filthy as fuuuuck.

Kelvin

The Smash trailers have been consistently great for this game. The Squidkid with that crazy burning logo in her eye. Ridley killing Megaman and Mario. Luigi getting killed by Death (and using a ghostbusting backpack that was revealed to be in his new game yesterday). The Krool/Dedeede troll, and then last night's Isabelle/Animal Crossing double whammy.

It's pretty clear now that the fan vote they held at the tail end of Smash Wii U's development cycle for a potential DLC charachter (bayonetta was chosen) was actually for this game, as almost every popular charachter in the poll has now been added to this games roster. If Geno from Mario RPG and Isaac from Golden Sun get added, I think thats the lot.

Twed

Still no fucking Pepper Ann game. Nintendo don't know what they fuck they're doing

madhair60

Quote from: Bhazor on September 14, 2018, 11:23:45 AM
Animal Crossing resident anal fiend more like. You can't look at her and tell me she ain't filthy as fuuuuck.

Apologise.

A Twitter search for Cities Skylines suggests its performance makes it unplayable once your city starts to grow significantly.

Is there a full list of these newly-announced games anywhere?

Mango Chimes

There was lots of stuff in this, and I'm actually interested in some third party stuff. I'm sure it's not that interesting if you've had various other consoles and fancy PCs, but I'll be playing Civ for the first time in decades, I'd heard lots of love for Katamari so might get on that, and even FF7.

Enjoyed Isabelle being a smiling psychopath, too.

Fry

Got my Switch lads.

Dunno if anyone's mentioned this yet, but that Breath of the Wild.... pretty fucking good innit?

First time I've sunk 8 hours straight on a game in ages.